Robinhood General Thread - /rgt/

Robinhood General Thread - /rgt/

Cinco de Mayo hangover Edition

Visit the website first - www.robinhood.com

Candlestick charting guideline:
> stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school:chart_analysis:introduction_to_candlesticks

FAQs
> How is it free?
They invest your unsettled funds after a trade.
It's also pretty basic software.

> When is it coming to my country?
Probably never. They only have plans on an Australian beta ( robinhood.com/au/).

> It's been X days, why isn't my account isn't verified yet?
If it takes more than 3 days, try emailing their support. They are very good.

> Is this the right place to pump and dump and/or shill a worthless stock?
No, please go to Stocktwits, Plebbit, or one of our many chat groups.

> What's a good penny stock to invest in?
Don't buy penny stocks you cum guzzling mouth breathing retard.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, am I being jewed?
No, that would actually be illegal. Robinhood graphs are just shit and only show you an average, not-really-realtime price. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
thinkorswim is bretty gud if you want to go open a second account with real broker.
Otherwise you should be using Yahoo/Google finance or even Stocktwits for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

biopharmcatalyst.com/fda-calendar/
cnbc.com/2016/05/02/fda-may-approve-implantable-drug-to-ease-opiod-withdrawal.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pretty drunk at work reporting in. I have about $100 in my Robinhood account but I've been too much of a weenie to put it into anything for the past month.

buy ODP

when office depot and staples merger is finally approved it will jump nicely

Get CPXX and CERU for guaranteed returns.

I've kept my eye on CERU for a couple days. I feel like it will plummet pretty hard this weekend. I don't think I'll buy from them above $2.

I'm skeptical about these physical office supply companies. Working in an office myself, they just seem desperate. I use about a ream of paper a month. Granted, a merger should produce a spike for a week or 2.

Buy DRRX
Dipping currently but its going to DA MOON
You heard it here first.

What's with the hardon for pharm companies? i'm pretty new to this whole thing, but it seems like that's the most common meme stock.

they are volatile as fuck and these memelords like to dream that they'll make +10% gains in a day

of course they dont realize that they lose -15% the next day but whatever

So basically a day trading sort of thing? Making $10 a day after eyeing a stock for a few hours or whatever?

A little more than that. A few guys here keep an eye on FDA rullings on companies and when one comes along looking like they are going to get drug x approved they hope to get a quick buck on the hype wagon. Since FDA is public knowledge it gives a little more insight.

biopharmcatalyst.com/fda-calendar/

$TTNP is a really good value right now.
Get it at the dip.

what makes you say this? I see it's double the avg volume, but the positioning doesn't look great. Not saying you are wrong (i have followed your advice before and know you are smart) but im just curious about your logic.

take a look at SRPT

Not really day-trading so much as riding PDUFA calendars (in the same way that many others ride earnings announcements).

You find a stock with an upcoming PDUFA for a disease with a large or captive market (orphan diseases and cancer are big ones), then you figure out which companies are attempting to address those markets, and find the PDUFAs for their offerings. You buy or short the stock, and then wait for the PDUFA date to see if you bet the right way, or you ride the wave up to the PDUFA and get out right before trading freezes in anticipation of the PDUFA results.

im on the same boat as you and ive been thinking of only fucking with ETFs

SPHQ
SH
SPXS
SPLV

seems like i could make few bucks depending on the market without much risk until i can drop some real money. for some reason i keep thinking we're due for another major decline because election year

>told myself I wasn't gonna be a dumbass this time
>picked a bunch of meme stocks anyway instead of dumping everything in NUGT like I originally planned
Might as well kill myself

I feel like if we play UWTI DWTI and leveraged gold ETFs just right, we could make some serious profit.

Oh fuck, I forgot it was Friday and now I have to hold my memestock all weekend. How fucked am I?

Can I start trading on Robinhood with only $20? Is it even worth trying with so little money?

Hey all,

started a chatroom, we make eachother money by helping eachother pick stocks.
we have about 80 guys already.

interested?
add your email and a brief description of your experience level

We already have an imageboard to do that, go fuck yourself.

Apparently yes. I started off with 500 myself. 20 is ok if you continue to put in week after week.

Start with anything, the idea in the beggining is to gain a feel of the markets.

I'm up 23.4% this year so far. Put $1000 in and now it's up to $1,234 how am I doing?

So as someone who is nearly completely naive to trading and finance in general, I am looking to see if I'm completely clear about this robinhood business.

>No commission fees for buying/selling whatsoever so the only money I would be losing from buying/selling stocks would be the actual value of stocks decreasing and taxes I would pay on any profit.

Therefore am I to understand correctly I could put $500 in a robinhood account, and buy/sell stocks all day willynilly and the only punishment for trades would be loss/taxes on the value?

Pretty good. I'm 500 -> 660 in 1.5 months. Control your losses and the money will flow in.

Also, tried long-term investing w/ 1000$ and I'm up 80$ on that this year.

Ponzischeme

You can only buy/sell 3 stocks a week because there is no margin. Aside from that your only losses are taxes and bad investments.

I'm up 24% on the month.

Trading stocks is much easier than trading cryptocurrency, markets are extremely predictable.

Calm down champ.
Everyone's a winner until they're not.

how many of you have actually made money over the past 6 months? seriously

Speak for yourself chief.

So what's supposed to be good next week?

I think it's 3 round trip trades. You can buy and sell all you want outside that. Can anyone confirm?

I put $20 on CERU and $20 on NWBO but thats just like my opinion man

Is GLD or IAU better?

>2 failing companies
>good

dude I'm not Warren Buffet. I'm not looking to buy and hold $40 for 10 years. I'm looking to sell within a couple weeks for a $10 profit

So how many days after an ER do you guys usually wait to buy back into a stock?

So does anyone else think silver may be in for a price correction soon?

I mean the long term trend is positive, but the short term one just screams overbought.

I feel like silver and gold are probably hitting their highs right now. I feel like they will go down a bit for a while and then shoot back up towards the end of the year.

>only ~31,000 people ahead of me in line for the Australian beta
Guess I'll come back in a couple of years.

>People will still be holding NETE expecting a moon shot in a few years

Why isn't everyone buying American oil companies right now?? Are you all mad??

I have been for 8 months

I've been waiting since February, I emailed them and they said I was like 200,000 something in line.

Anybody know what to do?

Honestly, if I didn't have robinhood instant I would probably use ameritrade or something.

Is it time to short the S&P 500?

SLW's earning report is tomorrow. Buy in after?

Or is it not likely to go much higher?

Me too. It's so freeing, isn't it?

Maybe. There was resistance ~2100 so it would have been smarter to short around there.

Most of the shit data has already been priced in. Crisises are what will make SP500 plummet at this point.

I would try and research Asian & European markets as they are most vulnerable.

A European bank collapse would be just what is needed, but they still have lots of room for stimulus, so I think it's very unlikely.

Short China then?

Bought a few shares of Marathon Oil m8ys

$100 throwaway money but it looks like it'll get out of its dip

Also thoughts on JCP? Earnings coming out on Friday and thinking about calls since they're generaly shit as a stock

Talk friends and family into making accounts. Every person you get to create one helps a lot

SP500 going up tomorrow?

With retail earnings reports coming out this week would it be a good idea to buy into SZK to short commercial goods?

so nobody? everybody is just throwing their money away?
you're all just retards throwing money at the odds of a dice praying that somehow you'll out compete an index fund when 80% of professionals can't even do that

nice b8 m8. nobody cares adios

JCP feels scary, retail is bankrupting everywhere, JCP supposedly has 4B in debt and it cannot continue without serious restructuring.

That said they might surprise on earnings my brother works there and he sees a lot of customers.

Here is the thing so there is a social media company called Friendable that trades about 2 cents a share. Might be a scam but it did get into that J-Lo video Ain't Your Mama.

Its FDBL and AYM just reached 9 million views this weekend.

Its risky as fuck but don't hunt me down if it goes up 1200% tomorrow and you miss out, all I am saying.

thank you for being a fag and watching j-lo videos for us

So since nvidia has is coming out with some hardcore priced GPUs, I know for sure its stock is gonna go up. The question is what will AMD do and what will happen to its price?

I am def getting out of and today and gonna stay on the sidelines to see what happens. Any theories?

If you want to learn to play blackjack, would you start off at the $1 table or the $100 table?

Wake up bois

I'm holding on to JCP just in case

this is dumb, one retail location isn't a good indacator of the overall health of a company

GST

Double your money in less than a couple weeks

GST is dying, why tf would I give it my money?

Finally got the initiative to start investing, lads. I've got $200 in ATVI - it's been on the rise and Blizzard has Hearthstone gaining momentum, Overwatch dropping this month, Legion dropping in July, and the Warcraft movie coming out as well. It seems like a sure bet. What does Veeky Forums think?

Man you have to be vigilant at all times. I would've sunk a pretty penny in krispy Kreme had I known about the deal

Ask the ceru whale anything.

AMD was a meme after all.

>Didn't buy the huge ceru dip while none of their products have changed.
>What is a correction.
ITT salt.

> cnbc.com/2016/05/02/fda-may-approve-implantable-drug-to-ease-opiod-withdrawal.html

In theory it looks pretty sound to me.
Can't find why it dipped so hard last week, but their latest drug looks really promising.
Opioid addiction has been in the limelight a few times on both sides of the presidential debate, and it's a huge deal among working class people who can actually afford this now.

They've got an FDA action date set before the end of month, and they only have to prove the drug doesn't do harm. These guys have also been in business for a while so I don't see too much risk here.

I've got a few thousand in extra cash laying around.

Should I go into this with $100 and expect to lose that money, or is it likely I'll make any gains?

Is there a desktop client?

Are there similar services for desktop use?

I don't want to stare at my phone all day.

Thank you, picked up a few shares.
Good side money.

UWTI is looking looking like a good buy. I think it'll keep dropping today.

I think its solid, I have 1300 in them. Overwatch waifubait, candycrush girl gamers, call of duty remastered and the supply drops etc, great projections to make money off casuals

Blizz should, hopefully, reach the same value as EA since their practices are much more solid. As for the Warcraft movie, that doesn't matter to much since the license is being rented to Lionsgate and isn't being made in-house. Also look into Take Two (TTWO)

How's ARNA looking? Earnings are suppose to come out after market close today

For those small bios I usually buy in afterwards.

Most of the time their ER's aren't good because lolnoproduct and the prices drop at least 5%. Don't listen to the tards that say a bad ER is already "priced in" because it isn't. It's actually inflated duw to hopeful idiots hoping for a moonshot for no reason.

Looking at it, analysis is expecting real heavy losses of at least 24%. Their weight loss, and only, drug has gotten no traction

Anyone holding %PETX?

They weathered the earnings report and are about to get FDA approvals - should be a slow and easy +35% ROI in the next few weeks ... right?

Warcraft movie a flop
Overwatch dead on arrival
Call of duty dying
King mobile a horrible investment

I invited a friend and got them to sign up, but I haven' been bumped up in the line for Instant. What gives?

Time

>DSL
I've been memed, thought not as bad as NUGT

I guarantee you that Overwatch will do better than Battleborn and Paragon.
And casuals will buy CoD no matter what

Warcraft will fucking flop

He's already had his account confirmed.

is the HEAR train crashed and burned like Hindenberg?

Time

Guys guys please tell me SKLN is gonna make it

Dont know if I want to put money into NUGT or UWTI right now

UWTI, rebound tommorow guaranteed.

I'm holding AAPL. Am I memed?

MRO expected to rise? I'm thinking of putting some money in it

you can't really expect it to rise after hitting a 52 week High.......
All your Rendered Weeaboo Waifus can't save you if you didn't even consider that...

I'm calling it right now, SCTY to skyrocket after ER report... but i'm done with this fucking company, After losing 15%, i ain't playing anymore...