Meta thread

Do we need a religious and/or an alternative history containment board?

Like half the threads are about people who recently converted or alt history shit where people ask how the world would look like today if event X didn't happen 700 years ago.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_pagans_in_the_late_Roman_Empire
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I especially hate alternative history threads full of so-called experts who seem to know it all. But once in a while you see interesting perspectives in these threads.

The religious threads I don't mind, and I'm not religious. If you make a board solely for religion it will turn into a echo chamber. There needs to be healthy rivalry.

Also the video game threads are worse, they have no place here.

Its so retarded. Moot didnt maoe this voard for years because he knew /pol/ would ruin it, then Hiro throws in religion as a board topic, which specifically was a /pol/ topic beforehand.
It makes no fucking sense. Why make Veeky Forums in the first place? Call it /rel/ and cut to the chase
I fucking hate all of you

Definitely a religious board, if only so that Constantine and Ælian can spout their autism elsewhere

/pol/ seems to demonstrate pretty clearly that the containment board concept doesn't work.

/x/ kinda serves that purpose. Yes you have people talking about shitty creepypastas and bigfoot but they also talk about plenty of religious stuff.

You can't contain something as common as retarded political ideas in one board 100%. But if they didn't have their own little hugbox all those posts and threads would be made elsewhere on the site.

No guys please don't make a section solely for religion. It is a mistake waiting to happen.
You remove a part of Veeky Forums and the dynamics caused by this rivalry.
Contrarian ideas should be cherished on Veeky Forums, or you end up with echochambers and circlejerks.

It's not like then being on /pol/ prevents them from opening another tab elsewhere and spewing the same shit on other boards at the same time.

The only way it works is if you have mods that will prune off-board topics. Which we don't have.

Yeah so its totally cool that religious posters try to force anyone that doesnt follow their retarded ideas off the board
>TIPS FEDORA XD
Fuck you you dishonest fuck

That's because /pol/ is a terrible containment board.

Politics is such a massive topic that it can generate massive amounts of discussion and users, leading it to act more like an incubator for stormfags to invade other boards than a honey-pot for stormfags.

Shit like /mlp/ on the other hand is quite niche and largely worked.

this
also you need to understand religion if you want to understand history
to understand religion you need to understand religious people

The Christposters who come here are offended by the prospect of going to /x/. As their religion is serious academic discussion and not supernatural at all.

Yeah would be a shame if /pol/ is sent back to their containment board... again.

Both of these tripfags need to be banned. Especially that Elian. I'm honestly surprised how much bullshit that guy can spout

Not him, and to be fair, you can have serious academic discussion about religion, and once in a blue moon I've seen it here.

But especially all that sectarian shitflinging we get certainly doesn't apply. Doubly so for that one protestant shitposter who never seems to get banned.

Veeky Forums should not be a 'safe space' for people like you who are triggered by religion. And what makes you say that religious posters force anyone of this board? It seems like you make that up.
You want to turn this section into an masturbation pit and I don't agree.

>protestant shitposter

Spotted the papist. Don't worry, papist. Soon all of the Christians will be gone, and you can follow your pope into hell and see if those gates hold up or not.

if you ban religion next you ban ideologies so what´s left to ban

3/10 see me after class. You can troll better than this

When the truth is trolling, what are lies?

Religion.

Ah, interesting. I find religions to be systems of bondage, and I do not participate, nor advocate, such systems.

/pol/ has basically ruined Veeky Forums anyway. /pol/ leaks into every fucking board and the amount of leakage dictates whether the board will be destroyed (/int/) or just become significantly worse (Veeky Forums). Mods need to actually, you know, moderate but our hotpockets suck.

All religions have exoteric and esoteric sides, which is quite interesting

If they stuck to their own threads it would be fine. Anybody that wanted to debatesomebody completely closed to outside ideas could go their and do that.

The problem is that religion plays a huge part of history but we can't discuss it from a historical perspective AT ALL without /pol/fags coming in and proselytizing where they aren't wanted. We literally can't have threads about the history of christianity. It's fucking bullshit.

Waaaah.

So sorry I want to have history threads of a certain type on the fucking history board.

Shut the fuck up you absolute turbofaggot.

Sorry, should have given you a trigger warning.

Waaaaaah.

Now we are talking. I agree that this is a problem. But I just don't think a section solely for religion would improve it.
And wouldn't it be much more impossible to discuss religion in historical perspective in a section solely for religion? Or is your idea that within Veeky Forums it would become possible (because of it)?

Fuck off back to your uni safe space you insufferable mong.

>But I just don't think a section solely for religion would improve it.
I've literally seen /pol/ threads where they talked about raiding us because of our leftism/biased lefty scholarship/lack of religion so no, I think the problem would persist even with /rel/ made.

>Or is your idea that within Veeky Forums it would become possible (because of it)?
History of religion should be talked about on the history board, it is definitely history. History discussion in a theoretical /rel/ would be basically impossible like you said.

What we really need is just decent moderation. For fuck sake, there is literally a poster that avatarfags as Jesus and he somehow never gets banned.

t. /pol/ fundies

Show me on the doll where the priest touched you, user.

/rel/ - Religion & Divination

Should be a thing.

>I want to discuss the history of christianity without be ministered at
>this automatically means I'm an atheist or against religion
Your retard is showing

There should be a big difference between discussing historical events regarding a religion and discussions pertaining to practicing a religion.

Seems like it deserves its own board to me.

I'm not saying it would be a bad idea either. Both boards would he slow but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

But they can have a serious academic discussion about magic on /x/.

Keeping them together is allowing for awesome in depth discussion tho

What would the world be like today if OP wasn't a reprobate faggot?

>mfw three of those posts are mine

You have no basis for understanding the reality of Christianity; you have no explanation for how a group of people getting murdered grows exponentially and overthrows empires without violence.

It's okay. Heaven ain't for everyone.

>without violence

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_pagans_in_the_late_Roman_Empire

And it finally comes out.

You're a butthurt christposter who doesn't want a split board because then you couldn't feel morally superior for proselytizing on a Chinese cartoon forum. Kill yourself.

Catholics.
Christians.

Pick one.

It's satanically odd to me that people cannot tell the most bloodthirsty violent people on earth from the most peaceful.

I just tell the truth no matter where I go.

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The things of God are not for the children of satan.

>literally witnessing in the meta thread
What the actual fuck is wrong with you?

>without violence
until it came to power

There's an xzibit meme for this, I just know it.

>Christians are the most peaceful people on earth
Hahahahahahahaha..... HAHAHA...Hahahahahaha

Do you actually believe that? How ignorant cn you actually be?

Catholicism.
Christianity.

Knowing the difference can mean going to heaven and not to hell.

Catholics.
Christians.

You know the drill.

nah, hell is here

It doesn't even matter which one you are. Choice A is probably the most violent people on earth in terms of kill count and choice B is no worse than 3rd.

gonna turn in /cath/, /orth/ and /prot/ in 2 eeeks

If you want to make the (aboslutely retarded) claim that the Christians of the 4th century onward weren't "real" Christians, then it wasn't Christianity that overthrew the Roman empire, was it?

>If you make a board solely for religion it will turn into a echo chamber.
There's plenty of diversity between different sects of christianity. Leave them to it I say.

/pol/acks refuse to stay there but at least it keeps out shit like trump threads which would flood Veeky Forums otherwise.

This is the most pathetic argument I have ever heard.

Ah, I see. A few questions?

Are you in the dark right now, on fire, screaming? Is the fire never going out? Are you not dying, even though you are fully engulfed in black flames? No?

Then these are your good days. Cherish them.

That sounds nice and warm.

I will just tell the truth, and let the chips fall where they may.

Being a Catholic has x requirements.

Being a Christian has y requirements.

Doing x does not mean you have y covered. NO church has ever saved anyone, and no church ever will.

There's a difference between being contrarian and being off topic.

/rel/ is a fundamentally different topic to the rest of the humanities. Religious people could still come here.

/int/ is much less infested with /pol/acks than Veeky Forums is.

>Being a Christian has y requirements.

fascinating stuff.

What's it like being the supreme ruler of the whole of Christendom?

my spirit is in safe hands, thanks

Who died and appointed you the supreme arbiter of Christianity?

One group killed 68,000,000 of the other group, and you conflate the two constantly.

If that's not satanic, I don't know what is.

Do you often scream when you're warm?

Feels good man.

Color me doubtful.

Jesus.

Fuck off. You can't discuss video games on /v/, and I need a place to talk about history games

Alright, Hong, I thought the Great Firewall blocked all the Chinese.

Oh yeah well I disagree.

I like circlejerks and hearing myself fap to ethnic fascism.

if everyone were fucking contrary nobody would be. You have to be special snowflakes.

PLEASE FUCK OFF JACK CHICK

I'M VERY SORRY THAT SOME CATHOLIC GUY TOOK YOUR GIRLFRIEND ONCE

BUT LET US DO OUR GOOD WORKS WHILE YOU SIT ON YOUR ASS AND JACK OFF TO YOUR OWN FAITH

I still think it is a flaw in the system that we'll have to accept: within limits of course. Shitposting isn't only done by Christfags.
And lets be honest: the threads that have nothing to do with religion aren't exactly in depth discussion either. A lot of them are shallow and uninformed.

Before I went on here, I tried a regular historical board. It has similar topics but because of the social structure it turns into conformity. You'll have a select group of people who are immume to critique. A contrarian posistion can turn you into a social pariah.

Because Veeky Forums is anonymous consensus might be reached but no one is immune to critique. Since you are anonymous your posts matter not your social status within the board.

And to get back to shitposting, while some of it is annoying as hell, a lot of it makes me laugh too. That includes the posts by Christfags. I think there's something to be said about that too. Or at least against a fully serious board. It makes you feel more at ease.

I'm just worried that this board that I discovered not so long ago turns into the type of boards that I tried and hated, got disappointed with and left.

I know that a /rel/ section is not such a significant change, but it still irks me.

And for those in favour of it, I CAN understand it.
I am studying ecology and /an/ is too plebian for me.

Yes, God so needs you to do good works for Him.

I like how He gives you $100, you give a bum $1, and you tell God how good you are.

OP here, I don't have anything against religions or religious threads, however I do have something about them making of 50% of the volume of this fucking board titled Veeky Forums

But what about the other religions? I think it is better if there's also people in the discussion who do not care about religion, or are against it.

why are you retarded

Why can you not refute a single point made by a "retard"?

Have you made God richer?

Have you made God's life easier?

Have you helped God accomplish something He could not have done without you?

Then why are you "working" for Him?

Sometimes my girlfriend does.

>If that's not satanic, I don't know what is.

Nothing is Satanic. Satan is an imaginary being.

And Protestantism wouldn't exist without the crimes of the early Christians. You would just be another dead cult.

Maybe it's changed but a few years ago /int/ was just /pol/ with flags and exponentially more shitposting.

Constantly making assertions from your own imagination is not making 'points' that need to be refuted.

They can just be simply dismissed.

The greatest trick the devil pulled was convincing idiots he did not exist.

So, no answers to any of my "retarded" questions.

kek

Keep fooling yourself into thinking you can put God in YOUR debt.

>how have I made [insert imaginary being]'s life richer?

Are you serious?

What have you done to help Optimus Prime?

GO BACK TO /POL/ YOU FUCKING IDIOT FAGGOT

Circular.

chill man, is only a Baudelaire quote

I'll chill when idiot proselytizers like yourself fuck off to pol and don't constantly ruin threads.

Veeky Forums was a mistake.

Don't forget that /pol/ fucking destroyed /x/ beyond recognition.

>There are enough religious people, let ALONE religious people on this site who demand their own board

Like holy fuck, your tiny sub-200 communities belong on a dead place like 8 wan where you can spout thinly-veiled "god did it" statements all day long

lol

All that complaining about Christfags attracts them, which wouldn't be so bad if people did not start arguing with them. Now the thread has turned to shit.
I think if they were ignored and we continued to discuss the topic it wouldn't be as bad.

We are playing in the hands of the devil. The devil wants us divided in two sections. (Devil here means /pol/)

They make me laugh though. Most of their posts are pure comedy gold.