on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=prb0NjWHLiM
youtube.com/watch?v=CkUzk5YywPc
youtu.be/ySTNGp17ULI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

tfw scared of trying De profundis

what's the best way to scrub a perfume? i want to test a few but still smell yesterday's.

I put rubbing alcohol then wash it off with water

Looking for aetheral mature nocturnal(optional) unisex/masculine floral gourmand fragrance, can you help me?

thanks user.

results may vary, but i definitely always use a good amount of rubbing alcohol

Are there any websites that will let me filter by rating, in addition to selecting groups etc? I found

Oops, I meant to say that I didn't seem to be able to do that on fragrantica

not that i know of. would be super simple for fragrantica to implement if they felt like it. basenotes database mostly useless, though their ratings are generally less inflated.

Hey guys, new to this and I don't really know where to look or what I even ask for exists. I don't really want to stand out in smell so I'm asking: Is there a cologne that just smells "clean"? Not sure how that's supposed to smell like, but that's the point.

Thanks in advance

CDG 2

"Green" fragrances and aquatic fragrances, you mean?

Thiery mugler cologne
YSL l'homme

Huh, yeah. I guess like those. Looking at the infograph above, Aquatic and Green sound great.

I have a question /fragrance/:

Have any of you tried creating your own perfume before? What did you start out with? I found a local source that has excellent prices on raw beeswax and organic raw shea butter for making solid perfume and I'd like to try it out.

it's something I would like to try eventually when I have money to buy materials

youtube.com/watch?v=prb0NjWHLiM

Sauvage is now literally skub.

versace pour homme!

This finally arrived and at first I thought I got memed into spending 30 €. Holy shit this is rancid for the first 45min to an hour.

But after that I actually started liking it. I still think it smells just a bit "old man-ish". Going to my local parfume shop tomorrow so I will compare it side by side with Mementus.

Why would you want to wear anything that doesn't smell good for even a second of its application. CDNMI is not good imo.

I will give it a few more chances. I read some people also had this with a first few sprays and later it got better. I have no idea if that actually changes anything but my was a first spray out of a bottle.

I don't know, some fragrances generally have really bad opening for the first few minutes. Like Midnight in Paris. I don't care so much for the opening but absolutely love what it becomes after 15 min.

Why would I exclude some great scents because they don't smell good at first?

Not the dude you're talking to... but there are like tens of thousands of fragrances in the world. Why settle for anything less than pure love?

buy samples dude, a fragrance, you must love from beginning to end

this

I get your points, but I really enjoy fragrances and don't mind adding stuff to my collection even if it doesn't smell perfect I find at least something I enjoy in it. I love both trying them on and owning them.

I get that love for that one perfect fragrance, that smells good from start to finish. I tried a lot of fragrances and the only one that I absolutely loved from start, without any negatives at any stage is Burberry London.

Whoa this looks fun as fuck, takes the whole fragrance hobby to another level.

Besides CDNI was a blind buy, it's not like I can return it, even if I wanted to.

*blocks your path*
Explain right now why you aren't wearing the ultimate Chad fragrance.

If Aventus is not the ultimate Chad fragrance, then what is?

well no more blind buys! if this was a sample it would just collect dust most likely and you wouldnt feel so bad about your purchase.

go back to faggot

Some fragrances you can't get samples of so easily, especially where I am, so blind buying is an only option. And it definitely won't collect dust since I fully intend to wear it.

I have a rule never to blind buy beyond 30 € so it is not too big of a waste. So far, I didn't not wear or disliked any of the blind buys.

It's cool man, we all go about our hobbies differently. Midnight in Paris is such a beautiful bottle that I've even considered buying it despite not enjoying one of the notes.

>Explain right now why you aren't wearing the ultimate Chad fragrance.

Because I'm not a chad, and I find Aventus pleasant but nothing more. What's the criteria for a Chadfrag? A fruity fresh aromatic that girls like?

dont respond to chadposters they are unwanted

where do you live? you can buy samples online you know, unless they dont ship to your country somehow?

A Chadfrag is a fragrance that fits the image of a handsome, athletic and socially capable young man who isn't a burnout and gets laid as he desires, or a fragrance that makes you think of such a person. It's probably something girls would like but not wear themselves.

Chad is an archetype now. He hasn't belonged to /r9k/ for a very long time. I'm closer to "being Chad" than to being an /r9k/ poster, but am self-aware about it.

nah Chad belongs entirely to r9k. There are no such dichonomies in the real world. they are also often associated with the alpha beta dichonomy which also doesnt make sense considering the most powerful men in the world are usually pretty damn far from that chad archetype. but if you are an oversimplifying moron go for it and call yourself chad.

the last time I bought and wore anything was for the prom, I liked this smell but I've read that it isn't something to wear after you graduate

anything similar and more subtle?

youtube.com/watch?v=CkUzk5YywPc

is this legit or is this dude a meme

Great video, thank you user

HAIL TO THE KING, BABY!

Been a minute. Why did we stop posting the rec criteria clause? Not that many paid attention to it...

DHI
Coromandel

how is fraicheur? is it worth copping at ebay prices?

Its legit, followed his instructions (although Creed would use Veramoss now because of the Oakmoss ban) and it was aventus. The total cost is like 1/10th of MSRP, even lower if you want to price every spatula and pipette of ingredients. This is no hidden secret, Creed are just capitalising on people that don't know any better and think they are getting the best of the best when its just a pleasant blend of cheap stuff (not saying cheap in a bad way but dirt cheap compared to what they charge for it)

I don't know if its legit but it looks cool af and makes me want to try it

>clean
Agua Lavanda
Clubman
Rive Gauche pour Homme
Tabac Original
and seconding
>mugler cologne

>"Green" fragrances and aquatic fragrances, you mean?
Not sure why you would say that, but the associations people have with scents are entirely personal.

Many of the greatest frags ever created are offputting at first smell.

Like many things, those that are immediately pleasant and accessible at first grow to be boring after a short while.

IMO, it is one of the greatest flankers ever created, but I am admittedly biased. It remains utterly faithful to the soul of Kouros while wrapping it in a lighter, fresher package. Something I thought near impossible until I smelled it for myself. I do consider the original incredible in hot weather, but KF is an even easier sell in that regard.

>Kouros while wrapping it in a lighter, fresher package

Oh, so like when sometimes you go to use a urinal and it has a bunch of ice cubes sitting in it? That does sound nice.

Previous (by no means original) OP here. Recent OP has been omitting the second pasta text and sometimes the chart. Should also step up his image search game a bit. Otherwise, carry on.

I enjoy lurking your Basenotes daily wears. Copped Havana for like $18 online; it's a great value and solid performer. Aramis seem to do reformulations right.

Disappointed no one's posted about Esxence 2017 yet. Vids are getting posted to YouTube as ever. I think I just found my plan for the evening.

youtu.be/ySTNGp17ULI

Well I can safely say VPH is the most generic thing I've ever smelled.

Gotcha, and hello!
>Should also step up his image search game a bit
What did he mean by this?

Glad you like! And while I by no means have smelled more than a couple Aramis frags, and am sensitive to bad reformulations, I would agree with your statement. I have bottles of both vintage and recent Havana and while they are not identical, they are both very close and both excellent.

I mean not using thumbnails as OP images for one thing. It just soothes my autism to have high resolution and visually striking fragrance art representing the best general in the Veeky Forums catalog.

It's the BEST generic smell though!!!

Ah copy.

Well, plus the alpha/beta thing came about from a misunderstanding of a study of wolves that, itself, is now discredited because it was done on wolves in captivity and thus didn't reflect how wolves interact in the wild.

can anyone recommend a fragrance for someone who wants to smell like a wolf pls

20/m/full rick thanks

literally kouros

encre noire maybe?

nvm read that as wolf piss disregard

Well, there you go.

How long does the top notes last on you for kouros? I just get the top notes for 10+ hours and I can never experience the full thing. All I want is that dirty piss note

Archetypes don't have to exist in the real world. Please get an education. Chad has always been a sort of ideal. While he would be on the "alpha" side of the alpha/beta nonsense, he isn't defined by it or tied to that particular way of thinking.

Just tell me what he smells like damnit.

Coincidentally, I think that smells like piss.

I'm not a fan either, but it's a good name.

Probably something like Abercrombie Fierce, Lacoste Essential, Axe body spray. Maybe Versace Pour Homme.

I've never gotten piss of any degree of cleanliness in any stage. I can sort of understand how some see the resemblance to urinal cakes in the top notes, which last a typical 30 minutes or so for me, just like any other frag. The civet is always present, but is less obscured later in the game, but again it's not reminiscent of urine.

Well, he doesn't exist, so he can't smell like anything, now can he?

>putting VPH in the same category as axe body spray
fuck you my man

This always gets me the most compliments, anyone know any similar smells?

do all ck one come with a spray attachment?

where did you cop it for that cheap?

i guess you're in the US? any EU alternatives?

pretty sure they do

what are some seductive smelling fragrances? I want to smell like a vamp. the only one I know of that matches that description is christian dior's poison. I'm a guy btw.

pic related is who I think of when I think "vamp".

So far I have Joop Go and L'eau D'Issey for spring/summer in the daytime.
I'm looking for an evening wear scent, for meals out or even dates. Would La Nuit de l'homme be a good buy, with me naturally getting a sample first?
Also am I not supposed to be able to smell the fragrance on myself after say 30 minutes? I worry about longevity and can sense what I've got on my wrist if I get close and sniff.

If longevity is your concern, look elsewhere or buy vintage. It's not what it once was despite being a very nice smell.

should i buy davidoff cool water? never had any proper cologne before

Tell us more about yourselef and what are you looking for, are you planning on slaying bussy or just something for work? Its cheap, popular, and inoffensive so nothing fundamentally wrong in getting it. But you could also go to store and sample a few different scents and see what you like. Out of cheap and safe scents you could also check Versace Pour Homme

>should i buy...

You should smell some frags and decide what it is you like before buying anything.

It smells good but they're both what I imagine that type of guy would wear. It's a very "normie trying to get girls" fragrance.

Opinions on Invictus Aqua? Tried it on the back of my hand, and it was ok, but if I smelled it too close it was bit too sweet, but I also felt like I might learn to like it quick. Does it work better when used on neck etc and in hot weather?

Also new Dior Homme Sport, how is it? Fragrantica has its performance rated pretty fucking favourably for a citruccy scent

Versace Eros really does smell like bubblegum

Olfactory fatigue is a plague that must be defeated. Some frags seem to be more prone to producing it, but you can combat it by avoiding application near your nose, i.e. face and front of neck. It's also why it is always preferable to get someone else's input to gauge performance, as your own nose is much less reliable.

Smell something else with a different scent if you've got olfactory fatigue.

Something strong and synthetic like an oily rag or some freshly cleaned linen.

I've heard 2016 formulation of La Nuit has improved the longevity, is it true? If not, where can I buy a vintage formulation?

opinions?

i shouldnt have put the fragrance on my neck now im getting dizzy
or maybe DE PROFUNDIS isnt for me

wow dont put frag on your neck im fucking drowning in de profundis

might actually be a good idea, except not as much also gives me a slight headache

some people like it, i've never smelled it, because i wear fragrances to make me feel special, and wearing designer scents, no matter how great they smell, make me feel common.

Smoky top note
Sweetish middle note
Bitter/mature base note

help

wow when you feel like whatever just put some fragrance around you, great mood shifter
with some drugs, music and other sensory things i bet you'll be somewhere else soon enough

Slumberhouse Jeke

thanks going to try this one out.

I know it's a long shot, but is anyone here gay?
If you're a bottom; what scent do you enjoy your partner wearing?
If you're a top; what does your partner love the scent of?

Im gay and a bottom. I would prefer my partner wear something musky and woody. anything will do.