Need first time real Veeky Forums advice

Hey Veeky Forums. I've lurked for years and years without ever really trying to become fashionable- it always felt out of reach for me.

Recently, however, I started a job making more money then I have ever made before and so can now afford stuff like Hugo Boss, Yves Saint Laurent, Yohji Yamamoto, and Tricky Ricky.

So: I would like to completely revamp my warddrobe. Price is not as much of an issue as long as it will last me. Also, stores in Boston would be better so I can actually try stuff on!

Appreciate the advice in advance; for now I'll do a random fashion inspo dump, and maybe that'll give you Veeky Forumsgs a good idea of what I might like~

(pic is not me)

Choke me daddy

Go to the sticky, invent or follow a style, then look into it.

yes plz

oh, forgot to mention, I'm a manlet- 5" 7', as I know some brands tend to offer stuff more for taller, stereotypically model-esque humans

I've gone over the sticky quite a bit, I'd just like some personal thoughts on it and hopefully there is someone from Boston that can point me in the right direction

Trying to make a wardrobe that is like a mix between traditional and heroin-chic

R U interested in personal stylist/shopper op?

Listen to this, OP

Also get some chuck taylors (not the white ones)/stan smiths (the navy ones)/diadora game L low waxed, basic pastel or olive crew neck sweaters, some basic flannels, some basic hoodies. H&M or Zara are the best place to start if you know nothing about fashion. Blowing money on expensive shit when you dont know how to dress is fucking stupid no matter how much money you make.

Honestly kind of. Just someone to go around to shops with me and help me pick out fashionable stuff that looks good on me.

Why, are you one? :E

Gotcha. I hadn't thought about it that way; you're right, I've never really been happy with outfits I put together and wear that I think are Veeky Forums, so perhaps i should get a lot better at that with cheaper clothes first. Thanks m8

Get Ramones
Comfy and last long and look timeless imo

i'll stop soon just a few more

Just do this go to Macy's and find jeans than fit well, make sure the jeans fit well it's the most important part. After you do that load of up on collared shirts plaid and non, any kind of sneakers or simple boot and a lot of jackets will work if the jeans fit well. Those fashion forward people you posted probably wear what I described most days or every other day or whatever

gotcha, i guess im just trying to move towards a more consistently fashionable look rather then "i'll be Veeky Forums on Wednesday" thanks for the advice!

youre not performing surgery here op, just find whatever clothes you like, make sure they fit nicely, and thats it. go for the highest quality you can of clothing, and make sure you have a wide array of clothing in your wardrobe (dress, business, casual, athletic, etc.).

look through your inspo folder and take note of whatever qualities the fits have that makes them so appealing, there's typically a similarity between them all.

this isnt fashion related, but seeing that youre now able to afford clothing, see if you can afford a good diet/exercise regime too as well as personal hygiene and appearance. if you wanna look good in clothing, looking good without clothing first helps.

good luck.

really appreciate all the advice! i do just need to commit time to researching what fashion i like and coming up with a game plan

signed up for the gym again last week and it is my #1 personal priority so I won't be buying new expensive clothes for at least 3 to 9 months. Once I prove to myself i can commit to the gym, i can buy new clothes.

this is #1
Spend a good $500 on basics
3x cotton socks
3x white tee
2x black/grey tee
5x chino of different colours
5x jeans of different washes and cuts
1x casual work boot (think wolverines, chippewa or iron rangers)
1x leather derby shoes
1x hoodie
1x jumper
2x casual sneaker
2x belt (one brown, one black)
3x oxford shirts
2x dress shirts

I would also add work on your body and make sure it is toned and not pudgy.

hnnngh thanks man. That is a great list to work off of. That seems like a lot of pants tho; I own like 3 pairs of pants right now. That's triple pants. D:

And yeah, the body work is top priority. I'm skinny but also a squishy human being; def skinny fat. Luckily from past experience 3 months of eating right and hitting the gym will get that gone.

dude asians can pull off skinny fat, its how god made us:)

hahaha now that you mention it you're right; but asians tend to have p aesthetic builds in general so maybe that has something to do with it?

too bad i'm not asian. generic European mutt ancestry. (; ̄Д ̄)

>cotton socks

fuck that noise, get some wool socks

t.cuque

>I'm a manlet- 5" 7'

Most things you spend your money on will be a waste of money

Although this is good advice for some my personal ideology is definitely quality > quantity.
I have nearly twenty pairs of pants and I know I would be much happier if I had spent that
money on five or six very nice pieces. Of my twenty pairs of pants there are three that I
regularly wear, and all the others only come out occasionally.

The wardrobe listed above averages about 15$ a piece, and I believe that having 200 outfit
combinations that are all kinda shitty isn't as good as having twenty outfit combos that are
consistently great. Literally no one will notice if you wear the same thing twice in a month
If you flex nonstop.

My general concept here is that by spending 1000$ on ten pairs of shoes you will only ever
look as good as a 100$ pair of shoes lets you, but with three pairs of 350$ shoes you can
look godly every single day.

>can now afford stuff like Hugo Boss, Yves Saint Laurent, Yohji Yamamoto, and Tricky Ricky.

Just in case you aren't trolling, please don't do this.

You need to have your own personal style before you can pull off these labels. If you don't, its going to be obvious to everyone that you're trying too hard, and you will just be throwing your money away.

Start at a lower tier and work your way up.

>My general concept here is that by spending 1000$ on ten pairs of shoes you will only ever
look as good as a 100$ pair of shoes lets you, but with three pairs of 350$ shoes you can
look godly every single day.

Plenty of $100 shoes look godly, and plenty of $1000+ shoes look like total shit. The real answer is to learn about quality and aesthetics and buy pieces that you feel good about, regardless of how expensive or cheap they are.

Me
Definitely agree with this guy, before you build your beautiful "capsule wardrobe" you need to develop a style and know it inside out. Another thing I want to clarify in my post above is that cost ≠ "quality", the quality I was talking about in the post above means more how well it fits into your style, the versatility of the piece, and the satisfaction it brings you. The money analogy I used above also translates into thought and care & time spent choosing the garment, if you just max your cards on all rick without putting in thought you will look like shit.

As a manlet, I kek'd

don't buy rick

Pants i would recommend Incotex,Rota,Pt01,Hiltl.