/bpg/ - Backpack general

Backpack general
Which to cop?

REI, Kelty, Muji, Jansport, Topo, Goruk, MEC are good quality.
Hershel is pure garbage, don't even mention it.

Been using a GoRuck GR0 for 3 years now. Still love it. It's not incredibly fashionable or fancy but it's so unbelievably durable I don't really care. I carry a lot of tools around with me and I ride with my backpack as well. My GR0 looks exactly like it did 3 years ago.
If you want a backpack that looks inoffensive and has all the durability of a military backpack without looking too tacticool, strongly recommend GoRuck.

One think I should warn you about with GoRuck though, the cordura they build their backpacks out of is quite rough and abrasive. If you wear really fine cotton, it will pill quite noticeably as the cordura rubs on it. It's not a big deal but it can be a bit annoying.

Thinking on getting this one. Thoughs?

Looks fucking gay.

I'm not even against it. It's pretty nice actually.

Those leather pull tabs are horrible though, don't forget to take them off and maybe put something else in their place if the plain zippers don't look nice.

Sweety, you posted in the wrong thread; the one for high schoolers is over there .

This one here is for grown ups.

>HUEHUEHUE You don't like my gimp leather Frankenstein bag? Let me direct you to a thread discussing an equally ugly and shitty bag.

Do you seriously think this looks good?

>grown ups

Now I know you're in highschool

I appreciate both opinions, I am in fact looking for a new backpack. Any recommendations? I was looking at dark plain colored backpacks like the one from my pic but I'm open to anything

Mission workshop make some really nice looking backpacks. Depending on the material, they can take on a more rustic look as well.

looks like a very impractical backpack that is trying to have lots of space while still looking chic

either go full chic or go full utility, dont mix

I knew this board was clueless, but this takes the cake.

only a freakin fag would use this bag, let alone buy it

I used this one all through college.
Incase Range
It had a padded slot for my laptop and I biked all over campus, so fact that sat well above the waist and snug to my back was great.
Saved my laptop when I spilled off my bike a few times too.
Got complimented on it a lot by architecture and art students and once by an architecture prof.

just go fucking jansport. don't over think that shit. northface is fine if you're really going to get into the wear n tear. no one really cares anyway.

looking for an every day carry bag that can basically fit a laptop and jersey w a camera ocasionally. was thinking leather for durability and looking good. Any suggestions?

you should never have to carry this much stuff to campus senpai. this looks ridiculous.

Dude, the incase range is smaller than almost any backpack I've owned. It fit my laptop, a small textbook and notebook and maybe a camera or other small shit. It pretty compact.

How bad did I fuck up? I desperately need a skateboard backpack for commuting/riding to work

frost river is best american made pack

Anyone has experience with them? Need a good simple small backpack for uni. Would work good with black and navy?
And is it worth 60€ (on sale)?

I've had that backpack for a year, in that exact colorway, and I also got it on sale (weird, huh?)
I did get if for 40 if I remember correctly, very nice versatile backpack, works with everything basically
quality is ok, definitely won't fall apart on you but there were some threads sticking out etc. leather is pretty nice though
I wouldn't buy it full price, but for 60$ it's quite good

Just bought a visvim 18L e-cat. Thoughts?

Mixed works looks great.

noice.

I find it really weird all these expensive backpacks don't have a reasonably-sized water bottle pocket. Most don't even have any side pockets.

Honest question. Do they expect us to put our water bottles in the main compartment? That's kinda retarded. It may spill.

Got this yesterday, did I fuck up

Made in China shit. Falsely-marketed. I hate that brand.

form goes over function here mate

Get a better water bottle. My Nalgene has a screw cap and has never spilled.

It will spill one day. Stuffs fail. Especially made in China shit.

Nalgene is made in USA and I can assure you it won't spill. I've had it for years, no problems.

Sorry dude. I just don't like the risk.

If you don't want to carry around a water bottle, a good trick I've been using is tying a rubber band around my foreskin and pumping my foreskin full of water. I can then put a bendy straw into my foreskin water bag and drink when I'm thirsty.
Easy to carry and no wet items in my backpack!

I'm the guy shilling the incase range. It's waterproof and that pocket on the front is perfect for a water bottle. It's on the exterior of the main waterproof pouch