Do you guys ever feel like killing yourselves when you read about accomplished people in history?

Do you guys ever feel like killing yourselves when you read about accomplished people in history?

Good lord no.

Suicidal thoughts only arise after thinking too much about oneself, reading about others thus compels me not to suicide.

No, because ive accepted the fact that I am an inferior male that will never know love or success in my life.

I'm a stupid guy that flunked out of college with basically zero social experience when interacting with women, and at this point I'm too old to ever make up for all this lost ground.

It's pointless to be jealous of success as if I ever had the chance or ability to attain it.

Once I run out of money I'm just going to kill myself.

Nope.

A twinge maybe if they were my age. For example it just made me sad to know that I am the same age as Marion Le Pen. A French MP. Meanwhile I am some grad student.

>Zhu was a born into a desperately poor peasant tenant farmer family in Zhongli Village. He had seven older siblings, several of whom were "given away" by his parents, as they did not have enough food to support the family. When he was 16, the Huai River broke its banks and flooded the lands where his family lived. Subsequently, a plague killed his entire family, except one of his brothers. He then buried them by wrapping them in white clothes. Destitute, Zhu accepted a suggestion to take up a pledge made by his late father and became a novice monk at the Huangjue Temple, a local Buddhist monastery. He did not remain there for long as the monastery ran short of funds and he was forced to leave. For the next few years, Zhu lived as a wandering beggar

If this guy turned his life around, you sure as hell can.

No. I sometimes think about my great grandfather in ww1; how I'll never be as great as him and feel some sadness over that fact.

Eh, nah. Personal improvement and virtue are better than fame or glory.

>accomplished
No way. I only get envious of people born rich and without obligations.
Accomplished people tend to have worked lots to come by those accomplishment, you'll never find me be envious of people working.

What personal improvement and virtue do you achieve by posting here?

I don't know why I would want to kill myself while I was contemplating a figure like Alexander The Great, or Julius Caesar.

These people did remarkable things, but can you imagine living their lives? Negotiating the court intrigues, and feuds with the other elites? These figures often come to a sticky end.

No because I'm not a pussy and get motivated to do better than them even though I probably might not but I don't give a shit and trick myself that I can be the best human ever.

You seem like a good guy who just fall for the memes fabricated by morons. Fuck it man. Fuck it before it's too late.

>muh alpha male
>muh hott gurls makes you happy
>muh true soulmate
>muh social status

Just get into escapist media, worked wonders for me.

Wtf is that?

Hell no.

I don't even need to do that; Singaporean society is enough to drive me to suicide.

No OP, reading history inspires me to try to do something great in my life. I want to achieve something fantastic, and join my idols in the annals of history. Every time I read about Alexander the Great, it makes me so awe-inspired that I instantly become motivated to do whatever I need to do, be it working out or finishing my work. I suppose it's the difference between a positive and negative mindset, although I am diagnosed with clinical depression.

think, yes
do it, no.

take it easy senpai.

What a retard.

Anything that helps you escape real life, like video games for example.

>at the age of 24, napoleon took toulon back from the dirty paws of the english & the spanish

what i'm doing with his age? essentially shitposting in anonymous imageboards

I've accepted that I'm a loser. I'm not stupid or disadvantaged, I just have zero ambition to do anything with my life. I'm just an extremely simple man. I have somewhere to live, I have food for the day and enough money to drink a few beers on saturdays. I have friends that care about me, a loving girlfriend and a good family. That's enough for me. I don't need to conquer the world or build an empire or become a millionaire, I escape to my books.

It's pumping up me actually. I've a wild dreaming capacity despite that I'm always acting logical. Becoming something more than what you're a motivating goal to chase. It's like playing video game in real life. Without it, real life is become boring and stale fast. I can't stand most of normalfag activity and conversation.

It does the opposite to me. It's inspiring as fuck.

If it's any consolation, Caesar broke down in tears in front of a statue of Alexander when he realized he was 30 and hadn't accomplished anything.

Yes. I am 27.

just looking at my friends accomplishments makes me want to kill myself