No watch thread

>no watch thread
watch thread

Other urls found in this thread:

zalando.at/henry-london-westminster-uhr-brown-h0i52m004-o11.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I bet you dont even dive with your rolex
faggot
Those fucking bezels trigger me in case you didn't notice.

>for demonstration purposes we have put the watch on a chimpanzee

Gousset Watchs ?

>paying more than $20 for a watch

>buying nice things you like

really a crazy thought

>anime image

Bump

Recently sold all my watches, would like suggestions on one I can wear all the time, preferably something durable but not a diver or g-shock. Style is close to pic related

>complaining about anime on Veeky Forums

>complaining about consumerism on Veeky Forums

you're in the wrong place, moron

Seiko on a leather strap? Orient Bambino?

price range?

god just die

I had a SARB017 before and didn't really like the thickness and (I know this is retarded) general feel. As for orient I really don't care for their logo or designs in general. I don't know, there's something kind of faux-elegant about orient pieces and some lower-end seikos that really turns me off.

Ideally under $500 but could go as high as $1000 if it was really compelling.

Do you guys think pic related is too weird or feminine?

>ideally under $500 but could go as high as $1000 if it was really compelling.

Maybe a vintage omega. Check ebay. Can't go wrong with sarb033 either, but you said you didn't like the 017

>Feminine
No
>Weird
Yes, but that's okay. As long as you understand the history of the Hamilton Ventura and can at least explain a little bit about the that to the average person who asks, you'll be fine. It was the first electronic (battery) watch produced, back in the 1950's, so that's cool.

My cheap oversized beater on my bitch ass skinny hands.

> sweat and dirt under the skin fashion

hairy hands turn me on hnngggg

Finger my boypussy daddy

being this much of >daddys money

don't shoot us, please

vintage omega or orient bambino

I like cheap shitters, probably my next one.

I felt the same way about my SARB017. Then I got a Seiko turtle and wore that for awhile. Came back to the SARB017 a week later and it felt so light.

Maybe go for something thinner. Like this Hamilton. 10mm thin.

I'm new to watches
Probably gonna get this
Any thoughts?

I've got it, I like it.
I think I got it around $45 on Amazon.
I had to buy something when I was being tempted to get a $5k+ watch haha.

They are okay for the price but dont expect it to last very long and you might get one where the chronometer seconds hand is not centered in its default position

>Don't expect it to last very long
What?

Here on Veeky Forums, Timex has the reputation of falling apart.
I'm not really sure where this comes from, because I have an Expedition that still works fine after a lot of wear.
Since you're new to watches, that would be a solid first choice. Even if it does crap out, at least you didn't spend much on it.

Is there any point in getting a nice watch if I don't normally dress well? I've been reading about mechanical watches and have become kinda fascinated, looking at a couple in the 1k-2k range.
But I never wear suits, the most I dress up for work is a polo or button down with khakis or something like that. Otherwise I wear a tshirt and a pair of nice-ish jeans.

Plenty of nice watches that can also go with casual fits. What watches are you looking at?

just get an skx007

Been looking at Nomos watches, I like this one quite a bit.

It's because of garbage quartz Weekenders, which always fall apart after 6-20 months of use.

Nomos watches are notorious shitters.

I think almost all Nomos models look fine with casual wear. As long as you're not getting one with gold indices or something.

Any Speedy Pros hold their value better than others? Not looking to buy to invest but knowing I could get my money back would be a big draw.

Was looking at getting one from the year I was born. Looking around there seems to be fewer from 1986 and they didn't use sapphire then as far as I'm aware, plus a display back would be nice.

>Is there any point in getting a nice watch if I don't normally dress well? I've been reading about mechanical watches and have become kinda fascinated, looking at a couple in the 1k-2k range.

Unless you're really interested in watch movement or horology, there is no point in spending that much for an auto. Even if you spend 1-2k, you're still getting a shitty pleb-tier auto.

If you're a beginner and have casual style, just get a diver to get your feet wet i.e skx007. save your money, user. spend more in the future if you want to turn it into a hobby

All used versions seem to hold their value fine, just don't buy new.

Vintage, rarer references are the only ones likely to gain any value because Omega pumps out so many speedys a year.

If you want an auto then you can't go wrong with an SNK, SKX or Alpinist for a quality piece on a budget. Or a Hamilton khaki if you're looking at spending a bit more. Look at divers or military style automatics for something which will look smart but not too dressy. Can always buy whatever you like then stick it on a NATO or leather strap for a more dressed down look.

Always loved pic related for an entry level luxury watch if you want to spend around 2k.

My thoughts exactly. Recently went looking down the preowned route because I know there's no use in buying new, and thought one from my birth year would be nice.

I am about to pull the trigger on a Omega Seamaster Pro 300m Automatic in Electric Blue has the 1120 movement in it. I think it's one of the most beautiful watches ever made. Now here's what's bothering me this is the first nice watch I will have purchased and it's a little flashy not a standard black/white dial and stainless it has that gorgeous blue dial and the polished stainless. This has forced me to consider buying the Speedmaster Professional which is considerably more boring aesthetically but still historically meaningful. I know they both have good movements although I prefer the auto.

I know I will end up buying the moonwatch at some point but the auto SMP 300s in this color are getting rarer and more expensive and I love this watch should I follow my heart or go with a more traditional watch?

I mean the Electric blue with a brown strap or a nato strap is going to look amazing.

It's just something about the black with the black tach and dial makes me think it's more versatile. Although I know that the stainless band or a black leather band is the only way to wear it.

I need some opinions. The two I am looking at are almost the exact same price so that's not a factor. The reason I am buying it is to celebrate the fact that I am making real money. I also graduated from college a year ago and never got myself anything to celebrate.

Beauty is in the eye and everything...personally I think the Speedy is much nicer looking but they are both beautiful watches. Sounds like you've got your heart set on that one, so I'd say go for it. Like you said, it's easy to dress it down with a nato or leather strap. Remember you're buying for you, not anyone else.

It's not like a blue face is going to look that much more flashy than black. Blue is still versatile as fuck.

More info.. I don't wear a suit. I wear a mix between street wear brands and fashion brands when I am not working. I have my own style but sometimes I incorporate certain trends I like for example colors or patterns that are popular that season. My formal attire is incredibly basic I have One White Turnbull & Asser Dress Shirt and One Navy Blue Brooks Brothers Suit. I wear this suit maybe twice a year. I would love to have a flashy suit like something from Thom Browne but it would be a waste plus straight guys that aren't in the NBA or Models can't seem to pull this style off. The most formal I get is Jeans and a shirt with a sports jacket. At work I wear jeans and a Flannel sometimes corduroys. I am in the contracting business right now but I am only doing it to save money for law school and I like the fact that I can live in a place I like and make a lot of money for 40 hours a week. So I plan to enjoy it while it lasts I am only 24.

Thanks both of you... the thing is I know I am going to buy the speedy its just I know omega isn't going to just stop making their claim to fame and they have already made so many I will find it no problem.

However the Auto movement combined with that Dial color is rare and it makes me worry about acquire one at a reasonable price if I wait.

I thought I would be doing what all my friends are doing which is working their asses off for 40k a year or working till 3 am and making 200k. I am sitting somewhere in the middle at 75k and I don't mind working in the construction business I started not long ago. I have done all kinds of shit I sold cars for a year before college and I worked at a lobbying firm for one summer and a law firm the next. I have to say being able to show up to work in the same beat up jeans and boots everyday is sort of nice. As much as I love fashion and looking good when I am not at work. Dressing like a bum and not worrying about what other people think is nice I have a beard and long hair for the first time in my life and it's actually nice.

Always follow your heart with these things user. Since you're actually buying the watch for you, and not to be some gaudy flex focused guy, just get the one that makes you the most happy. Both are fantastic watches, so it's not like you're wasting money. Best of luck to you.

>Been looking at Nomos watches

>nomos

Stop

Any love for Russian chronographs here?

Yes, where do I cop?

They are sold out but you might find them on ebay for a little bit more money

How do I search for this model/a similar one?

Poljot24.de

Or eBay, look for Poljot Kirova which is this exact model. Mine is the 38 mm version then there's a 40 mm one. It may be difficult to find one because it's a limited edition.

Thanks, user.

this knock off casio cost me less than £2 from china and i bloody love it as a daily driver

im an idiot

wat about water resist?

ive not tested its limits but its fine when im washing dishes or shaving

I'm looking for a minimalistic gold (or gold toned metal) watch for under 700 dollars. Can anyone give me some good suggestions.

Looking on Ebay, I'm seeing lots of vintage Omega's for under $500. Sure, lots of them look worn, but the price seems too good to be true. Are these fakes, or did Omega just really escalate the prices on their new watches because they know people will pay?

>or did Omega just really escalate the prices on their new watches because they know people will pay?

Yeah it's this. They're owned by a conglomerate who own lots of watch brands who've been slowly positioning them as higher and higher end. Most of the stuff that's cheap is from when they were a cheaper brand.

Oh shit

that's very "pop" looking for a Junghans. I kinda like it however.

>buying a fake f91

why not

because a real one is $10?

>$10>£2
Capitalist swine

because you wont have a quality watch.
there are several reviews on youtube about how to spot a fake casio and what that means.

all of those involve someone getting close enough to tell and someone who knows how to spot it. as the guy said, for two quid its a great everyday watch

>all of those involve someone getting close enough
>knows how to spot it

not very difficult to do since it doesn't even say 'Casio' on the user's watch lmao

>willingly risking it and getting a ripoff of an iconic watch to save about 7 bucks

>Capitalist swine

>he says while posting on Veeky Forums

Seiko SARB033/035 on a leather strap

Budget?

Yeah like there's no price disparity between those two

Oh wow holy shit got me ex dee m8 I want your babies plz fuck me daddy

You must 18+ to post

I've been going back and forth on buying the silver one. On the one hand I really like how it looks, but on the other I feel like it may be too played and I don't wanna look a fuckboi.

And before someone says "who cares wear what you want", fashion is nothing if not contextual.

thing is, I also care about packaging. there is nothing worse in the world than buying a chinese knock off watch and then receiving it in a bag or plastic sleeve and then you see a fuckload of gashes and scratches on it while it's a cheap plastic case on top of that.

Was gonna buy a speedmaster or an explorer but got this beauty instead might get a gramd seiko next now instead

girl...that size is ridiculous

>back and forth

It's a fucking £20 watch, Christ just buy it.

It wear smaller tho cause of that tuna build.

>buy a rubber strap for my skx007
>cant fit the fat springbars on it
>"fuck it I will put normal ones"
>watch flies off my hand while playing voleyball

Can you guys help me out?

im looking for a watch that i can wear for work when im dressed in a fine suitlike looking shirt but that also fits as sort of a highlight when im wearing a rather "light" outfit for chillin like joggingpants and a long sleeved shirt

right now i am thinking about something like pic related.
I would love to have some gold parts on the watch.

I am afraid tho that pic related wouldn't fit the lighter style.

I have no idea of watches so maybe you can give me some tips Veeky Forums

forgot to mention that i'd like to spend something like 120-150€ max.
Anything below goes.

does it have to have a moonphase?
the one you showed seems like a cheap chinese quartz and the gold is too flashy for a light outfit imo

Alpinist bruh.

oh yeah i forgot to mention that i couldn't find the exact one i was looking at on google here is the link.

zalando.at/henry-london-westminster-uhr-brown-h0i52m004-o11.html

The moonphase is no requirement i am open for anything even watches without gold parts desu.

i like the one you posted a lot but i am kind of a highlight whore so i wanna get that going with my watch

>forgot to mention that i'd like to spend something like 120-150€ max.

so Veeky Forums is all crazy about F-91w.
but instead of the black one I'm gonna buy this yellow one to get some variety into my watch game and cause I need a digital watch anyway.

does Veeky Forums approve?
other colors are pink, light blue, green, grey and orange. except for the pink one and yellow they all look horrible.

Love it. Love the tunas. Grand seiko SBGJ001 is next on my list.

Damn good taste user and yea This tuna had been on my grail lost for a while and a saw a deal to good to pass up. Grand seiko has some crazy good watches. The GMT with the sapphire bezel is beautiful.

Probably a seiko 5. Put it on a nato strap for casual. Put it on leather for formal. Maybe an Orient

>working retail
>some dude asks a question to me and a coworker
>the dude has a Rolex
>coworker tells me he wants to buy a Rolex one day
Desire to talk about watches intensifies
>tell him Rolex's don't have batteries
>he's never heard of an automatic watch
So, I guess the meme is true, Those who buy Rolex's tend to know nothing about watches but have a lot to spend

Any suggestions for analog watch or a minimalist digital watch under $30?