How do I make do if I hate the city that I work/live in?

How do I make do if I hate the city that I work/live in?

I can't stand New York City (Bad weather, bad commute, bad people), but I'm stuck here for a little while longer until I can save up enough money to move to a smaller city in a red state. How do I keep getting out of bed every morning without wanting to throw myself in front of a taxi?

do what the Syrian refugees who get murdered and raped and tortured every day who can't leave immediately.

Focus on leaving and how much better things will be when you get out. That's literally it.

grass is always more dank on the other side.

Dont be a bitch and adapt, if you can't, PREPARE to go away. Life is a long continued battle that we all already lost, at least have the decency to fight.

You just don't have good friends and/or a nice girlfriend.
The downside of NYC is the weather.
I live in Rome, I felt the same. I traveled almost in any major European city. I still felt sad.
Recently I started my own company and money give me a boost. Maybe, it could end badly if I didn't succeeded. Also, I lost a lot of weight due to the stress during the company opening and I started dating a girl (I've been to the US, it's so easy to get laid there!), she probably stays with me only for the money but I don't care - I feel happy.

I live in a small city in a red state. It's fucking horrible here. It is dead and boring, there is nothing to do, you can feel the life draining out of you just being here. You do not want this, OP. I fucking WISH I could live in NYC.

I feel the same, but in my case it's Boston. Are you from a red state? If not, you prolly won't like it.

This, I live in Knoxville, TN. Not a small town per se, but there is nothing to do here. And while the people here thankfully aren't vapid liberals like I imaginer New Yorkers would be, they're their own brand of awful and boring. If you have above average intelligence there is nowhere on earth you can go where you will feel like people "get you".

Imagine how happy an adult would be if their only companions had the intellect of a 10 year old. That is how it feels to be around "normal" people when you're on the right side of the bell curve.

I lived in Greensboro, NC for four years and was never happier. I'm pretty sure I want it.

People are horrible in every city.

Eh they're pretty nice in Europe

Make due. Make better friends. A place as large as New York has something for everyone.

I was born and raised in NYC. I've tried smaller places like Philadelphia and Atlanta; they are simply petrifying. There is nothing in the majority of small towns and cities while NYC has plenty of opportunities and interesting people. If you cannot make it big in NYC kindly do go back to being a wagecuck in a red state.

>in Europe

Download tinder and drown your sorrows in vagina like a man

Lol, I'm about to work in Charlotte, while having previously wanted to work in NY. Despite not feeling the "prestige" of NY banking, it feels bretty good.

Get out ASAP. Where you live is key to your happiness.

I could never live in NYC.

You are a little bitch. The opportunity you have by living in new York is just insane. Your transportation costs are low as fuck. Pittsburgh bus pass is double for example. You can get cheap food on any corner and every fucking company has an office there.

I'd kill to live in New York. People are shit wherever you go. I'd find some good slum to buy cheap and make my shitloads of money, then just manage assets after 12-15 years of working there.

I just bought a 3 bedroom house on 8 acres in Georgia for 190,000 - life is good.

Can't say I know that feel.

>I'd kill to live in New York

You'd kill to live in Manhattan, user probably lives in south Bronx or some other shithole.