What is Veeky Forums's position on kimonos...

What is Veeky Forums's position on kimonos? Are they too absurd to pull off in public without looking like a pathetic try-hard weeaboo?

I've seen several that I honestly think look pretty dope but I can't imagine when I would wear them. Are they in that group of wardrobe items that you can only get away with wearing while gallivanting through a high fashion friendly city like NYC, Paris or Tokyo?

I think they're pretty cool

I bought a fwb some lingerie so she bought me a kimono. It has a tiger on the back. I wear it when I am romancing a woman

i think they work but it really is telling if you're some white homeboy rocking one. I rock one as a layering piece but desu i match it with equally oriental garbs. Sou Sou shirt and boots look great and i get plenty of compliments.

I think it's very easy to look try-hard but with so many things when that is the case pulling it off can mean stunning results. But more likely than not, it's going to look try hard.

Also helps if you are attractive. Uggos stay away. You may as well attach a katana to your belt if you are ugly wearing a kimono.

Yeah know what would be fun? Wear your Kimono and cropped trousers with a friend wearing a t shirt from his work and light wash stone jeans and reeboks. Y'all could LARP as 80s kung fun protags

please dont wear them if youre white

Lmfao kys

>le cultural apropriation meme.

Even as a liberal this shit is just retarded.

you better hope to fucking christ I don't catch you wearing stolen culture on the street or I'll slap the shit out of you in my imagination

fucking white boys

Please slap me, daddy. I've been a bad culture thieving white girl.

Different guy but It's not that. Its just a matter of it being cringe.

I'm not offended if whites wear them its just goofy.

i wear a samue around my condo and the common areas doing chores
i'm asian so it's okay

I can guarantee you're not from Japan

Then how does Kanye pull it off? or does he?

I'm white and I'm thinking about buying a kimono.

Actual Japanese people most likely won't give a shit. I remember the Uniqlo in Orlando last summer had a huge promotion for their kimomos taking up like a quarter of the first floor.

w2c?

That's available on Farfetch for over 3k USD

Kimono? Nah. have a noragi from Shuren Projects though which I wear pretty often. Totally doable if your style is a little weird anyway and you make it work. I wear mine with other Japanese brands or stuff with a similar aesthetic, but you have to be careful not to go overboard into samurai cosplay territory. When I say other Japanese stuff I mean like Kapital/Trove/Engineered Garments. Maybe Yohji or CdG could work.

That's not even a kimono.

Have a picture or example of something you'd wear with it?

No pics of my own fits on this computer but here's a fit from a Trove lookbook that would look great with a noragi instead of the unstructured jacket. Check out more of their stuff for an idea of the comfycore with Japanese vibes style I'm describing.

You can literally google "trove japan" and see a bunch of good images. Some more Japanese-y than others. Being a white guy I avoid their full-on samurai hanten overcoats. I'm not nxtlvl enough to pull that shit off without looking cosplayish, but with like a looser, A-frame buttondown with a round scalloped hem like an Engineered Garments 19th century buttondown, and some loose cropped trousers, with slip on shoes or sandals, a noragi can absolutely be pulled off. You just need everything else to fit the aesthetic, be high quality, and otherwise understated. No loud patterns, muted subtle colors. The one wild ass garment is enough for the cut alone.

Here's another Trove fit pic from this season's lookbook with a long lightweight kimono collar coat thing that looks fucking fire.