Hi guys, just bought this suit for a wedding. It was worth around 600 according to tags but i paid 240 for it...

Hi guys, just bought this suit for a wedding. It was worth around 600 according to tags but i paid 240 for it. Ignore the shoes, those are my work ones, im going to buy new ones. What do you guys think? Was it worth it? Does it fit well?
Also general suit thread, post yours and discuss suit etiquette, as this is my first suit and im a noob. Cheers guys!

a bit baggy

people don't care about how well your suit fits at a wedding
its fucking retarded that people would prefer a baggy suit to well fitting casual clothes

1. leave bottom button unbuttoned. always.
2. the jacket shoulders look too wide.
3. wear a white undershirt that wont be too warm
4. consider getting your trousers hemmed, they appear a bit too long
5. consider a vest
6. consider a pocket square
7. consider a nice leather belt if you don;t get a vest

Enjoy the wedding, you'll be a stunner

eh the belt is fine actually

It's terrible. First of all, black suits are for funerals or board room meetings. A morning coat, navy suit, or grey suit all would've been better choices.

The shoulders are too wide which is damn near impossible to fix except for a good chunk of change. The trousers and the sleeves also need to be shortened.

That's a really bad belt and you should be using suspenders/braces in a situation like this. Also your dress shirt looks to be a few sizes too large.

Wear a pocket square or boutineer. Lose the bow tie for a regular necktie you look like you're trying to wear a tuxedo but failing miserable.

Hope this doesn't come across as harsh just trying to help you out.

thank you kind sir, its a learning curve indeed

I think for the most part a black suit and bow tie is excusable/permissible for a wedding. How much do you really think most people there will be judging his tuxedo or even conscious of the conventions?

All of what you said is spot on though.

The bowtie is unchangeable, the groom wants all guys to wear them sadly. I have a black tie that came with the suit but cant wear it. Thank you for the input though, hopefully i can get these issues sorted

Also i dont quite have the budget that prince harry had haha

Yes, You're right.

I see, yes a couple's wishes always supersedes any fashion conventions at a wedding. Enjoy and I hope everything works out for you.

Also for the price you paid for that suit you can usually find a suitable made to order (not bespoke) which would fit much better.

>leave bottom button unbuttoned. always.
Is there a reason for this other than convention? I hate how it looks in the first place, but I also hate how it feels wearing a an article of clothing with only 50% of the buttons done up. I abide by the rule because it's what I'm told but I just don't get it

Whatever the origins may be, most jackets now are designed to be worn with the bottom button open. Yes, you can physically close it but it's really not meant to be.

The only thing I can think of is the suit coats are long and fitting, so sitting down or bending could risk the button breaking.

Op here, the guy who sold me the suit said theres 3 rules to buttons.
1. For photos, do both up
2. All other times do the top one only
3. When sitting down unbutton due to risk of losing buttons.

What gets to me now is that he knew i was a suit noob, so he could get away with selling what he wanted and not what i wanted. Naturally i tried it on and loved it because first suit feels but looking back i should have gone in to battle knowing a bit about them

>1. For photos, do both up
holy fuck, that sounds retarded
but seriously, nobody in America cares about how your suit looks; you'll be fine

Before giving you any advice I would like to ask if you are willing to take it with a tailor?

your shoulder are droppy and oversized
the sleeves are long and unclean
tremendous amount of break on your trousers which isn't well fitting for your kind of suit
also those shoes aren't well worth wearing

here's me in my morning suit,i know it's astonishingly overdressed and cosplayish but i think it fits well

Your trousers are too long, shoes too wide, nice shirt and nice necktie. It doesn't show well but your vest seems to be too high above you waist, your pants hang too low. Overall it's ok but you need to improve.

my trousers are almost up there to my navel,i have no braces but it's still a snug fit,i'll be tailoring it a bit
waistcoat is fine for me,since i have wide shoulders,going a size bigger doesn't seem too much of a faux pas, of course i could have a tailored one but i don't think it'll be that beneficiary

Should have bought a Tuxedo if you're going to wear a bow tie.

I would drop some extra $$ on a new white shirt. That one looks cheap. You can hide it with a tie but not a bow tie.

tuxedos or more appropriately black tie can only be worn after 6 pm, and op haven't really specified on that
if he's gonna wear a full and proper black tie he's gonna drop a few more dosh into it

So I made some changes with paint to your pictures, so you know how to improve it with a tailor. These are very small changes that will make your Tuxedo look like it was tailor made.

First you have to get rid of the upper button and lower the V

Ask the tailor to make it a little bit tight around your ribs

And also the back ofshould be a little more belted so it falls naturally and gives shape to your back

Also the shoulders should not be as wide.

never ever do the bottom button lol. suits arent made for that

This might just be me, but it seems a bit monotonous, isn't it? Maybe a nicer-coloured bow would be nice, instead of black?