/prep/

Prep inspo thread

The superior style

Chinos, casual shirts, oxford shirts, polos, cricket sweaters, blazers, etc.

garbage. please take this shit back to r/mfa

Is there a less creative and more boring fashion genre than prep? Honestly it's so formulaic and predictable. Its like, here are the 5 items you are allowed to wear as a prep. Here are the 2 pairs of shoes you have to pick from

gotta agree with above anons

prep is uninspired

Reminder that people respect you when you dress like this

People call me sir, cucky people look down when I walk by

Srs m8s

disgusting

>I need to dress like a twinky anime character/ninja to be "unique"
lemme tell you about consumer identity nigga. Despite what you think you can't attain a lifestyle by consuming it

lmaoooooo it's 2017

>im rich i swear guise

Only decent pics itt.

When will you retards understand that prep isn't just dadcore/menswear garbage ?

Actual oldguyfag here browsing Veeky Forums at 3am for god knows what reason. I got heavily into clothes during the mid-late '00s when we were in the midst of the vintage/Americana/heritage/whatever bullshit revival and Take Ivy was the bible and vintage Brooks Brothers and J Press were the shit. Made so much money thrifting around the Boston area and reselling on eBay.

I had an amazing Sero tattersall buttondown shit in a thin cotton poplin that had the most unbelievable collar roll. In fact I think I still have it but it's got one tiny little stain on it that wouldn't come out even with heavy oxiclean. Nostalgia'd hard from your pic.

I spent hours pouring over Japanese magazine scans and blogs like Heavy Tweed Jacket.

How come all the older inspo pics like are of friendly and intelligent looking people whereas every single modern prep look seems to make you look like a rich asshole?

Because pic related is ivy, whereas this thread is prep.

t. asshurt negro manlet

Ditch the cargo pockets and it's a really good prep fit

Wow dope

Why would you do this? There are buttons RIGHT THERE

Does anyone have sauce ?

I only like prep when it's winter
The fucking polo tucked into shorts with boat shoes is awful

>chino wankers

'No'

Only acceptable is khaki chinos - none of these have them on. kys

>dressing for status
kys
if you can't get peoples respect without dressing preppy then no amount of oxford shirts will change that

People who don't get this style always seem so butthurt i wonder why it is .

Poor people trying to look rich look like assholes. Southern "prep" all looks like this. New England and English trad are the best styles of the look.

Kiel James Patrick

What's there to get? It's literally just banana republic core. It's generic garbage that takes from the most cliched middle class suburban american trend because it is too lazy and boring to be anything else.

>white people: the thread

They aren't white.

Perfect example right here

mag user here
cant believe anybody even saw that book dump
literally one of my favorites ever, just because of the rare labels

Yeah that must be it , must be hard knowing you can never do prep right if you arent white .

>white

Mostly wrinkly americucks and anglo subhumans wank themselves to these threads. I'm pretty sure real white people can do better than this.

Preppy is fine but there is

The type worn by bitch rich boys
The proper, comfy-tier kind worn by men

Maybe the 4th one from left to right, big maybe the second one would pass to
So it only works if one is white, has a top education and worked and earned an honest buck in one's life.

None of this is prep. This is British Country Gentleman or Sporting wear, not American prep

Can i have some prep lite inspo. Now that ive graduated and have a job i stand out with my more relaxed style but id like to have a bit more sharp look.
Im imaging something like nice knitted sweater and navy blue NB sneakers or something no blazers and shit

>having a job
>wearing NBs
Pick one, unless you consider flipping burgers a job.

This basically

It's a lifestyle above all

>but id like to have a bit more sharp look.
>NBs
>no blazers

Get a nice pair of shoes like pic related for example
You can probably keep your pants/jeans
Wear (dress)shirts ffs
NEVER EVER wear a t-shirt underneith a blazer

if you get weird looks youre not wearing it with enough confidence

>a nice pair of shoes like pic related

How do you wear this stuff without looking corny af?

1. Have a decent job
2. Be white

Reminds me of a store in my college town

Is there some sort of term for prep-lite? I wanna wear button ups under sweaters with jeans but dont want to go for the "daddys money look" if im going to be around people who are more casual.

>prep-lite
Usually I would say frat, but that doesn't sound like the fit you're going for

Anyway, to pull of that fit you described, wear sneakers instead of boat shoes or loafers. And by sneakers I mean leather sneakers, not athletic sneakers

Rate my Brooks brothers blazer

Prep Essentials

Shoes:
Tassel loafers
penny loafers
horsebits
brogues
oxfords
derbys
Wellingtons
Duck boots
brogued boot or similar dressier style
drivers
boat shoes (avoid cliches)

Tops:
Oxfords
Madras
seersucker
flannels
clean poplin

Pants:
cords
jeans
chinos (khaki is a colour you plebeians)
go to hells

Suits/sports coats/ blazers:
Tweed jackets
Navy blazer
navy suit
grey suit

Sweaters:
Clean colours (greys navys greens creams)
break it up with some patterning or cabling
always wool

Ties:
bowties if necessary, open neck looks nice, but have fun when the time comes

Now remember class is more important than money. Saving money is more preppy than ostentatious displays of it. If you don't come from money and aren't well bread don'd bother. A straight back, polite smile, and a clean shave will take you far. Polo blue or similar scents work nicely. If you need advice on being preppy you aren't doing it right. Also snazzy colours are a secret trick by true wasps to weed out the nouveau riche. Now grab your duffle bags and set out with your insecurities about not actually being english, and only doing a year abroad at oxford.

Oh and you better own a retriever!

lmao this is literally r/mfa: the thread except with crybaby tribalists

>mfw bought a Carhartt jacket and not a Barbour one because I am a fucking American and not some inbred britbong

>insecurities about not actually being english
HAHAHAHAHA

W2c sweater

Try any clothing store

I want the exact one reeeee

Close enough

I might be retarded. I think the look I'm trying to describe is norm core. But yeah frat isn't what I was going for either.

Please don't. Not unless you actually have upper class genes/live in that echelon of society.

Please, please don't embarrass yourself.

so what you're saying is, you don't like polos?

Look like any lambs wool sweater.

I have one from j crew.

Lamb wool is a bitch itchy though.

Wow I wish I could read japenese

OUR NIGE

topkek

just use google translate on your phone; what do you need to read from it? actually if you look at the original picture this is 99.999999 percent definitely the source

does anyone have that pic of the young looking guy in the tight white t shirt?

seems like you just dislike polos

Thought about getting some blazers for office wear, though never had one.
Any brands out there that I should be aware of?

nice

I don't see all the reasons for such hate on preppy fashion other than it's not the majority style of Veeky Forums
It's cheaper than fuckboy streetwear depending on where you get it from.
I thrift all my preppy clothes from places like Platos closet and goodwill

Everyone thinks the only plays to buy prep is Ralph Lauren purple label and therefore can hardly afford it

I get all of my polos for $6-12 with little to no damage, people who buy polos from outlet stores baffle me.

L.B.M 1911

My polos werent a vast amount more, there are a few pieces however i think you should look to spend more on, shirts, blazers and jumpers, but largely you can dress prep for cheap as chips

Most of my blazers and half-zips I get from places like TJMaxx. It's a little more than I usually spend but sill cheap