Tfw you realise no actual cool people wear 'fashion' clothes and the only way to look good and stand the test of time...

>tfw you realise no actual cool people wear 'fashion' clothes and the only way to look good and stand the test of time is to develop a unique sense of style using inexpensive pieces from different styles and times and that the meme of wearing clothes that fit properly is a total scam and that personal style is infinitely more important than fashion

fashion is a meme to make you buy new clothes every year when you could buy second-hand and wear them for at least five years.

Also, who invented this shit where spring and fall call for different outfits? It's the same fucking season.

Noone will see you as a 'cool guy' just because you try way too hard to look like them.

this
however, taking inspiration from outside sources you like is the best way to find your own sense of style, just don't fall for the shitty memes

That's usually the point where people stop posting on Veeky Forums, which is why the board is the way it is

actually I've been thrift shopping because of this board, maybe I just didn't fall for the memes

no shit

fashion is a hobby not a way to make friends

wear fashionable clothes to fit in with weird fashion people

wear normal nice clothes to fit in with normal nice people.

>the meme of wearing clothes that fit properly is a total scam

That's not a meme or a scam.

I do agree with the rest though, however I think being up to date on what's fashionable is the first step to developing your own style. Skipping that step will have you looking like disco stu or some cheap Elvis, Bruce Springteen, or Frank Sinatra impersonator.

every time i see another insecure young lad falling for the easy way out of black skinny jeans and plain white trainers (cp/lookalike or whatever) i genuinely feel really bad for them. even worse that they develop some sense of knowing or superiority based on this bland rubbish style
That's usually the point where people stop posting on Veeky Forums, which is why the board is the way it is

so true i only popped back today after not being on this board for years

>an actual great post on Veeky Forums

i thought the merge is over

this. Only pop in for inspo

>Skipping that step will have you looking like disco stu or some cheap Elvis, Bruce Springteen, or Frank Sinatra impersonator.
You get that just by looking at people and looking at clothes

>Noone will see you as a 'cool guy' just because you try way too hard to look like them.

that's a very odd interpretation of fashion

that's the idea of fashion, wear what you want, trends are for plebs

>spring and fall
FUCKING this
The only thing different is whether plants are blooming or dying
Functionally, if it's cool or cold out, it feels exactly the same

depends where you live. if you're not in a relatively urban area, it can be hard to get a sense of what actually looks good just by looking at the clothes of people around you. or if you're a neet shut-in, i guess.

there's nothing wrong with using the internet for inspo as long as you know what is and isn't realistic

ding ding ding

it's another episode of "user is too poor for fashion and now he has to shitpost on Veeky Forums to justify his awful wardrobe"

It's obvious that after so many seasons the authors are out of ideas.

Nah, suburban, rural areas, and blue collar cities are always left behind or lazy when it comes to fashion.

>being up to date on what's fashionable
what's up-to-date fucking sucks though

fashion has only gotten worse since the nineties, it's literally all athleisure and streetwear now

itt broke niggas tell themselves anything to feel good about being broke

Nah fall definitely calls for warmer clothing since the daylight hours are shortening.

Obviously you'll want lighter breathable clothing for late spring weather once it starts to warm up.

Street wear right now is really shitty, it's just a bunch of recycled shit from the late '80s and '90s. Supreme is leading the pack but puts no effort into their clothing.

People are raiding thrift shops and their own or parents closets and reselling their stone cold Steve Austin t-shirt, or all those shitty tees with tupac an biggie album covers. They're making a killing re-selling that garbage.

There are some great pieces of clothing from those years but it's so funny to me watching people call shitty graphic tees "vintage pieces".

That's why I only dress like Jack White circa 2001

>meme of wearing clothes that fit properly is a total scam

you were 10/10 until you said this

Please don't breed