/SCG/

Skincare General.

Post everything related to skin care ITT.

Wiki:
Skin care basics: tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Skin-care_Basics
Acne treatment: tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Acne_Treatment

Skinacea Links:
Retinoids: skinacea.com/retinoids/retinoids.html
Sunscreen: skinacea.com/sunscreen/sunscreen.html
Ridding dark eye circles: skinacea.com/how-to/get-rid-of-dark-circles.html

FAQ:
General Guide: hastebin.com/raw/wojuyazibo
Dark circles: pastebin.com/t796eKvr
Soap, pH, irritants, and synthetic detergents: pastebin.com/51yse1NE
Popping pimples: pastebin.com/MufDiSfy
Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation: pastebin.com/GXYPdwMf
Skin tone and diet: hastebin.com/raw/ehesotajaf
Causes of acne: pastebin.com/tudaKWmN

Daily reminder you're beautiful.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/StriVectin-Tightening-Sculpting-Face-Cream/dp/B01HZ3GHVK/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Started this thread because I need help.
I workout, eat the right amounts of meat, vegetable and dairy, get a good night' sleep + 30 mins nap in the afternoon.

Yet my face and under eyes look tired and dull. I have a picture of myself from a few years ago. I wasn't even that active back then and my skin was glowing. How do I get my face to look healthy, and also how to reduce puffiness and purpleness from the eye area?

my name is Bem Rivera and i like sex

good for you retard

newfag

yes i'm new to Veeky Forums and?

i think you're new to more than just Veeky Forums buddo

Are there any sunblocks that don't moisturize? I've got a naturally smooth/moist face that gets really oily if I add on any moisturizer to it and it makes acne break out as well

i bought a really nice sunblock but unfortunately it moisturizes as well so my face got kinda shiny and the next day i started getting acne for the first time in a year. kind of annoying.

Do dermarollers work?
I've been picking at my skin since I was young and I wanna fix it as much as I can

A good day cream?

Sensitive, dry skin. But we're going towards summer so hopefully I can reserve my bathes in oil and moisturisers for the night.

I was looking at Aesop.

You got older.

Save some money, go to a derm.

Why does cleaning my face mess up my skin so much? Every so often I try doing the basic routine of cleanse>tone>moisturize but I always have worse breakouts afterwards, and sometimes my skin completely dries out because of it. Don't even mention exfoliating, the second I put that kind of stuff on my face it burns my flesh off.

seems like you have very sensitive skin, then.

what is your skin like when you're not doing anything with it?

I have some zits on my butt. They've been there for a few months now and I don't know what to do. I use Noxema pads on them every night and for the most part now they're flat but extremely red, and I don't really fuck with them.

Olay eye cream and Neutrogena hydro boost water gel

So, I'm 18, and think I'm past the acne stage. I rarely get spots anymore. I think what's 'left over' (after reading through the OP), is PIE.

I was hoping this would fade over time, but a year later it's still basically the same, hence why I'm here.

The main thing im self conscious about is the fact that I've got these big red patches (blotches?) on either side of my nose. Does this tie into PIE, like is it a common symptom?

Anyway, glad I found this thread. After a bit of googling, does 'Niacinamide' seem like a good start?

Should mention that I've also got more typical red spots/acne marks on my cheeks, too. And that I should be wearing sunscreen?

OP I have really dry skin on my face. I tried everything I've been recommended from friends and families, but still no luck. Any suggestions?

So I'm really lucky and the only problem I really ever face with my skin is a substantial amount of blackheads, however I have really dark baggy eyes. Thing is, I love having them, I'm not self-conscious about them, in fact I got offended when someone told me my eyes didn't look baggy to them. This is fine right? I feel like part of my character is my baggy eyes and it's my aesthetic kinda. This is caused by my excessive lack of sleep and obviously that's a poor lifestyle but I like having dark circles and I'm not affected very much by lack of sleep. Thoughts? Relate in some other way?

How to remove mouth wrinkles?

Moisturize

If its just red dots from past pimples I would suggest kojic soap. It lightens your skin temporary but gets rid of old red spots pretty well

My sister had some discoloration under her eyes and never seemed bothered by them, even when someone asked why it was discolored. She is more on keen on keeping herself natural looking which works well for her.

Are StriDex Maximum Strength pads still recommended?

I personally find the whole "le tired aloof cool guy" attitude really obnoxious but apparently it's endearing to everyone else so you keep doing you

im just 21 m8o

putting anything on my face that isn't benzoyl proxide or tretinon gives me pimples, will these things be safe to use?

Generally yeah, they're safe but every skin is different. According to your problem those are the 2 that'll fix it.

My body is infested by moles.
Is there any hope for me?

Any way to reduce the appearance of pores on my face? Something that wont dry out my skin is preferred.

these?

Olay ultimate eye cream, and the neutrogena one is correct

holy fuck these are expensive

you must live in britbongistan

>tfw I shave pretty much everyday because stubble looks like shit on me and my beard makes me look like a bum
>only ever used common Gillette cartridge shavers
>don't take particularly good care of my skin
>never once used aftershave
>use some shitty natural face wash someone left in my house once a week
>apply a pea size of cocoa butter to my face most days
>still have good healthy skin

Feels good man

How to get rid of this. Currently using benzoyl and tretinon

I relate but I also have psoriasis lmao

PIE and acne scarring can be treated with a number of ingredients: AHA (glycolic, lactic, mandelic acid, etc), retinoids, or vitamin c serums. Different things work for different people.

Some of these ingredients will help address redness too. Niacinamide is more likely to help with redness, but could work well in conjunction with some of the previously mentioned ingredients.

Sounds like you're not moisturizing enough. Skin will overproduce sebum if it's too dry, causing more breakouts. Also try to use a cleanser with a slightly acidic pH (~5.5).

>have tried every medication in the op
>still have acne
fuck going on a diet, anyone know some other methods?

Kys

but for real, could it be possible to peel off the first layer of your skin using a potato peeler? i've been considering this for a while and i think it would work

Yes

YOU ARE ALL MERE BABYS!

this pic made me take a shower

try accutane if you aren't already

3rd month barly any improvement
I am already numb to the humiliation

Simple scrubbing wont remove these beauties!

Takes time.

That's fucking retarded.
Scrub your face with a washcloth in the shower under warm water, wash your face with a gentle cleanser, then rinse the cleanser off with cold water.

HAHHAHA YOU KNOW NOTHING!

Like on the lips or around the mouth?

Derm intervention.
If you like risky stuff, at-home dermarolling/-stamping/-penning.

they're made from foreskins, so yes

tell me exactly why peeling off just the very top layer of your skin wouldn't work

Isn't that pretty much the same as shaving? Retard

For some reason my cheeks are bright red throughout the day, regardless of weather. They seem to go back to normal around late evening.

WTF is going on with this? the rest of my skin is fine but its pretty impossible to look effay if you constantly look like you're having a heart attack.

I'm 20 and not overweight.

I need help Veeky Forums

>mid 20's
>super pale complexion
>take warm (kinda hot) shower
>use head and shoulders old spice 2-1 for everything
>comb beard (not really soft after it dries)
>rinse face with cold water
>face is dry and flaky right after
>looks like shit entire day
>don't know what to do
>also have nose hair and don't know how to remove it best

Need help avoiding dry/flaky skin on face
Need help getting softer beard preferably all day long
Need advice on nose hair removal

moisturizer faggot

skincare is not fashion

Is that something I use in the shower, after the shower, I don't know.

I've tried lotions before, but they just feel heavy and untouchable once applied.

No, it's not shaving because shaving just removes hair where as peeling off the actual skin would remove skin.
If snakes can do it, surely people can do it too?

>peeling off the actual skin would remove skin
>If snakes can do it, surely people can do it too?
user, I hope you aren't really this retarded.

Can't you just read the instructions? Of the moisturizer, I mean.

I've never shopped for a moisturizer before, I'm clueless as fuck. Do I go to Walmart? Do they all work the same?

At this point, you're just trolling. I mean OP posted some guides. /r/skincareaddiction and /r/asianbeauty also have their wiki. You can also just visit CVS/chemist/pharmacy and ask the people over there.

When i get nervous or warm my skin breaks out in red blotches and i look like i have aids, shit also itches like a fuck

The fucks going on? i didnt have this 1-2 years ago

Stress sometimes induce Rosacea and Eczema on face. Go to a derm.
If you cannot afford it, the only solution is to kill your emotion by meditation.

It works, we call it face shaving.

Keep using benzoyl.
Tretinoin only works on PIH.

I am pale as fuck and always have been. I'm going to Dubai in the summer. Should I try and avoid the sun, or is there really nothing wrong with a tan? I know it's not "good" for you, but is it so bad either?

I'm so sorry dude, I really am.

amazon.com/StriVectin-Tightening-Sculpting-Face-Cream/dp/B01HZ3GHVK/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

is this stuff a meme?

Lots of Vine reviews. Sketchy shit.

>look at skincare product
>see reviews from 80 year olds

START A SKIN CARE REGIMEN EARLY, SENPAI

I've finally gotten my routine to the point where I'm getting almost no new acne. However, I've still got red spots all over my face from past acne.

AM
>PanOxyl 10% in shower
>Olay regenerist regenerating serum

PM
>Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser
>Stridex 3 times per week
>Olay serum again

My skin gets pretty oily during the day but the serum seems to be lessening that. Any obvious recommendations to clear up those red spots from old acne?

>red spots from old acne
Takes time.