Is it okay to get a cross tattoo without being christian/religious?

is it okay to get a cross tattoo without being christian/religious?

I really like the symbol of the cross, and christianity was such a huge part of my childhood that i have very strong ties and feelings for the christian,protestant culture.

But, do you think people of the christian faith will be offended? And/or that i have to explain the reasons for the tattoo everywhere i go? I don't mind mentioning it fast "i really like the symbol and the cultural values of christianity, but no i myself am not a believer" , but i don't wanna get stuck in these long ass relgious debates all the time.

Pic related, that's the design and places i'm considering

is it okay to get a US army tattoo without ever being in active service?

I really like the symbol of the army, and the army was such a huge part of my childhood that i have very strong ties and feelings for watching saving private ryan reruns

But, do you think people in the army will be offended? And/or that i have to explain the reasons for the tattoo everywhere i go? I don't mind mentioning it fast "i really like the symbol and the cultural values of the 44th platoon, but no i myself have never even shot a gun" , but i don't wanna get stuck in these long ass army debates all the time.

Pic related, that's the design and places i'm considering

Yes, it is okay. You have this anons approval. Go forth and get tatted

that's not the same at all though is it? I was literally a christian for like 18 years.

Also you can appreciate the aesthetics of the cross and it's history. People get fucking buddhist tattoos, samurai signs and shit and what not, without having any, zero, ties to that cultur.

your analogy dosn't really make sense, in my opinion.

>is it okay to get a cross tattoo without being christian/religious?
It's okay only if you are not religious. Nobody who is actually religious gets religious tattoos.

I don't know if I'd write off all those Cholos covered in pictures of Jesus so easily

yeah, it's fine

>protestant culture

Tell that to all the fucking pikeys out there beating their kids and shagging their cousins.

>protestant culture

Protestant culture

Protestant (Lutheran) church in Svätý Kríž (Slovakia)
Although the Reformation was a religious movement, it also had a strong impact on all other aspects of life: marriage and family, education, the humanities and sciences, the political and social order, the economy, and the arts.[1][2]

are you retarded?

as a general rule, if you're at all insecure about it then don't get the tat. You could go with something more esoteric if you want to distance yourself from religious connotations, according to Jung the cross was an archetypal symbol before Christ made it his thing.

forgot picture

yeah and those people are fucking knobs you idiot

hey man, thanks for sharing. I think i'm just gonna go for the cross on my back though. Been wanting it for a while and i'm not really that insecure about it,but that's a nice rule to follow regarding tattoos and one i'll keep in mind.

On the back it wont be such a conversation piece either. I don't mind talking a little about my tats, current or further ones but i don't wanna be "that guy" , or even a "tattoo guy" if that makes sense, that goes on these long ass rants about his tattoos on parties.

Those symbols are nice inspiration though

just thought i would hear you guys out

Is it okay to get stigmata without being Christian ?

Don't get that tattoo. My dad was in the 101st airborne during the Iraq war, it's embarrassing for you and super disrespectful. I've been seeing the screaming eagle more and more in irrelevant places and it really makes me cringe.
Do whatever you want in the end, but I really don't recommend this tattoo for you.

dude it was a parody of the op to make them think about what they were saying by comparing practicing Christianity to active service

Christians aren't muslims, they don't give a fuck and they won't decapitate you in the desert. If you like the symbol and have ties to it from your childhood, go for it.

I'm in idiot. fuck

Yes, the Bible says that you shouldn't make tattoos or cuts in your skin. If I remember correctly pagans lost their tattoos after converting to Christianity. Everytime I see somebody with a cross tattoo I just think they must be ignorant.

i disagree, eagles are cool, go for it *thumbs up*

[citation needed]

underrated post

Yeh. It's less cringe than those people getting obscure Buddhist sect tattoos. Actually typing it out, sounds kind of cool.

so i made a photoshop of few fun tattoo ideas on my body, what you guys think, would any of these be worth takin :^)

its supposed to be ironic

Why do you care if they care?

Well considering it is against the word of god to get a tattoo, no. But you aren't christian, so I suppose that wont matter to you.

Kys

Turn it upside down or get a greek cross

>understanding people get tattoos with 0 ties to culture
>the entire point of this thread

This would be an obvious attempt at shitposting a few years ago, but now this is actual Veeky Forums discussion worthy

yes, please, whoever gets these is a god amongst men

I would unironically get that Keep Calm tattoo

You know coptic christians get crosses tattooed on them so they're not tempted to hide their faith if facing persecution via muslims, right?

I actually want that tattoo. But upside down.

No not because I want to be an edgy satanist or atheist. I just like how misreprestened the cross of st. peter is, also the meaning behind why he chose to be crucified upside down is actually not satanic at all.

Only if it's upside down.

although it looks good, i feel like it gonna be a lot of "bless christ" comments

Piggybacking
Is this an Ok tattoo to get?
Would basic bitch normies know of my fashy beliefs

Its kinda like wearing a crucifix necklace, everyone will assume you're religious, but most won't say anything

>But, do you think people of the christian faith will be offended?
hopefully

this op, if you're an atheist and this is in any way noticeable you're going to be annoyed as fuck

I bought this hoodie a couple years ago and every time i wear it i get stopped by older women and senior citizens, telling me how nice it is to see young people out and proud about their christianity

one woman even went into a tirade about the 'persecution of christians in this country' and was all "its like we cant even be christians anymore amirite???"
i just stood there dumbfounded

Atheist here. I fucking love that hoodie

cool af w2c

Do a satanic cross, its the only solution.

Not him, but Lev 19:28. Dunno about the Pagan part that he said. The thing that bothers me about what that other user said is that that law was made in the covenant between God and Moses to distinguish God's people. However, it is to my understanding that with Jesus those laws were no longer to apply to everyone seeking grace/salvation (but that one should still be mindful of them).

If he wants to take the Bible word for word, then he shouldn't get hair cuts or wear clothes made of two kinds of material like people do today.

yeah man, i just felt, like, so connected to christianity that i had to get a permanent drawing on my skin about it