VEGAN ETHICAL MENSWEAR DESIGNERS

Surely I'm not the only vegan guy on here that has struggled to find any exclusively ethical designers that are any good.

I'll start off with April 77

Other urls found in this thread:

notjustalabel.com/event/ethical-fashion-show-berlin
getchanged.net/consumer/iframe-n108-sD.html
notjustalabel.com/designers/blacksheep?f[0]=field_designer_category:1002&f[1]=field_designer_category:997
goodguys.bigcartel.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mats Rombaut

>vegan
smfh
go live in a oranic tree or sth

hi you can just say "vegan" calling it ethical is a loaded statement that suggests veganism is inherently ethical which is widely debated thanks

STOP KILLING PLANTS YOU INHUMAN PLANT KILLER

WHAT DID THE PLANTS DID TO YOU

Maybe the title deserved a /
You're welcome to post fruitarian designers too

Good shout man, I really can't find any aside from those

>veganism is inherently ethical which is widely debated
How is it not ethical?
I've never heard someone deny veganisms ethics so I'm very curious to hear how this is "widely debated"
Plants aren't conscious beings
3/10 made me reply

>Plants aren't conscious beings
YOU INHUMAN UNETHICAL BEING
SO YOU SUPPORT THE EXTERMINATION OF ALL DISABLED PEOPLE MENTALLY

>people are taking the bait

Ethics and morality is subjective. You can't establish a greater than or less than because there is no metric to measure it.

Exactly. If you feel the same thing when plucking a plant as to when you take the life of an animal then veganism is obviously not for you.

>Plants aren't conscious beings
How does that change the fact that you are destroying life? Just because it isn't conscious means it has no right to life? Bye everyone in a coma, according to your logic.

Most things we do are unethical. We drive cars, ride busses, consume fossil fuels all of which destroy the environment. We live in homes built of lumber cleared from forests. We clear ecosystems in order to farm. We buy products manufactured in 3rd world countries by children. Most things we do are unethical, meat and leather is just one more on the list.

i.e. Veganism is a religion of lunatics.

ON THE CONTRARY, THE TERMS "ETHICAL VEGANISM", OR "ETHICALLY VEGAN", SUGGESTS THAT VEGANISM IS NOT INHERENTLY ETHICAL, HENCE THE SPECIFICATION.

THINK BEFORE POSTING.

VEGANISM IS NOT INHERENTLY ETHICAL, BECAUSE SOME PERSONS ARE VEGAN FOR NONETHICAL REASONS.

>... [SUGGEST] THAT VEGANISM...

what do you mean by vegan? like just designers that never use real leather or fur? i imagine anyone who uses mostly synthetic material would qualify, but i don't know any who specifically make a point of it.

BEING VEGAN ENTAILS NOT CONSUMING, NOR USING, ANIMALS, ANIMAL PRODUCTS, OR ANIMALDERIVED PRODUCTS.

A VEGAN DESIGNER WOULD BE SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT USE ANIMAL PRODUCTS, NOR ANIMALDERIVED PRODUCTS, IN HIS/HER DESIGNS.

IF YOU DO NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT VEGANISM IS, WHY DO YOU POST IN THIS THREAD?

Plants are non sentinant organisms that are incapable of feeling pain or experiencing suffering. How about I peel your skin like a potato? Would that get you to understand the difference?

you're acting like there isn't a lot of other shit that's fucked up, that is widely debated

the meat is getting to your head man

i know what veganism is, but i didn't think animal products are even that common in most clothing. isn't a cheap 3$ tshirt you get from walmart technically vegan? or 90% of factory produced clothes? i would think it's the rule, not the exception.

It's typically wool or leather labels or just not really giving a fuck about the environment, that sort of thing really

Let's get back on track!
Umasan is a vegan designer from Berlin run by twin sisters, one worked with yohji Yamamoto
Check em out on not just a label

HAHA THIS KEK MADE A #StillSanders SHOE HAHAHAHA OH MY KEK

It actually sold out though, what the FUCK. Who would pay $300 for these shits, even without the Sanders print? Jesus Christ this shit is retarded

Why can't we ever have a thread about good stuff/"ethics" that doesn't devolve into arguing and mud slinging? Not really exclusive to Veeky Forums, just classic Veeky Forums.

I used to make threads about ethically sourced garments and designer shoe threads but gave up. I don't have much to contribute here right now but keep going good posters because I'm curious.

Comatose people are non-sentient organisms and are incapable of feeling pain or experiencing suffering. Should we just kill them and eat them like you cruelly kill and eat plant life?

Because ethically sourced is subjective. Also, vegan =/= ethical. You can have non animal products still made in terrible working conditions versus animal products made in tolerable working conditions.

I appreciate your interest and input

>UMASAN is a High Fashion vegan label that contains no wool, no cashmere, no leather or silk preferring instead to use avantgarde fabrics, such as SeaCell (algae), MicroModal (beech wood) and TENCEL (eucalyptus) to create an aesthetic root in punk and yoga culture.
Wood materials tend to be really really soft but I've never heard of algae based materials, exciting stuff

The difference between a comatose person and a plant is that the comatose person might come back to consciousness. I don't get your point.

>notjustalabel.com/event/ethical-fashion-show-berlin
More evidence ethics are effay

>Comatose people are non-sentient organisms

You don't know what sentience is...

>getchanged.net/consumer/iframe-n108-sD.html

Here's a big list of European and Scandinavian shops

i eat a vegan diet but only because animals gross me out, i wear leather every day, my car has leather seats, my shampoo and toothpaste surely have animal products in them as well as the fragrance i put on every morning

how do you manage to combat all these animal exploitations in everyday products?

how delusional do you have to be to actually think like this?

veganism is about ending animal suffering as much as reasonably possible

What if your vegan wear was transported by a person who eats meat? Or the store that carries vegan wear is owned by a person who eats meat?

Does veganism have something in common with sustainability?

Gay

I'm on the same page. Recently switched to the diet thing for now, and it works rather fine.

I really struggle to get away from leather, especially in shoes. Most faux leathers seem to be non-vegan as well, and doing the second hand leather shoes thing feels apologetic.

To find an exclusively vegan designer that can cover all my wardrobe needs seems nigh impossible.

Sustainability is included in veganism, as a side product of environmental protection

i hope that's an alternative mxlk

vegans btfo

I worked at a meat factory today and it was honestly the most disgusting thing I have ever done

Seriously putrid. I can't get that dirty ass smell out of my head. Idont know how people do these jobs. I only did the 1 day to help out my boss because I'm a contract labourer who works mostly in events and he needed people last minite, I'd rather kill myself than do a second day. made me feel sick

Not even because I feel bad for the animals, but because it was just disgusting as fuck picking up slabs of pigs body's and hanging them on racks. I honestly don't even wanna eat meat ever again after today

I'm mentally scared, I swear I've never seen meat look so unappetising before.
I could throw up just thinking about that place

And the people there were so fucking weird. I couldn't understand how they were so happy to be working in this windowless factory with all this dirty water and meat everywhere. They literally had huge tubs filled with water and the meat was just sitting in it. Like 100s of slabs of meat and some of the workers had been there for years and they looked so happy

I feel like everybody there was subtly very twisted individuals, probably teetering on sociopathic. It was fucked up. Finished 7 hours ago and I still feel like I could vomit

I seriously can't believe what I saw today, that smell will be in my nose for the rest of my life

People in comas still have nerve endings lol

And in the cafeteria some guy Brought this pasta shit that he heated up in the microwave and it smelled so fucking gross and I had to watch him eat it because I was at the other side of the table, he looked weird as fuck too

It was honestly the most fucked up day of work I've ever had. I would rather pick up dog shit for a living than work in a meat factory. They didn't even kill the animals here it was all imported meat, and I was still completely disgusted by it

Meat factory worker has to be the lowest job that anybody can have. Worse than even a prostitute. I will never understand how people can seriously do a job like that one long term basis, that's just baffling

There was 5 other people who started today and only 1 guy was as disgusted as me and he was an African refugee, honestly that made me feel less racist. Everybody else was happy to be working there and thought it was a cruisey job. I was baffled

2 expensive and im vegan myself.

So what? You are still doing a positive effort.

umad

there is no ethical consumption under capitalism
except eating pussy

OP here, my dad was a butcher and he'd take me to work quite a bit. There's nothing like seeing a pig sawn in half right down the middle to quickly extinguish any happy preconceptions of green fields and red barns and lives spent frolicking in the meadows.
My dad's a good guy though, but the apathy to the death and gore comes from the thought that it's normal, necessary and natural. Whatever else makes people fucking weirdos is anyone's guess.
He's still a fucking idiot for not thinking that he was probably turning me against animal exploitation.

Ethics and morality are subjective to an individual and so to imply something is or is not cannot be verified. Because of this the idea of saying "ethical veganism" is still stupid and the idea that you are clarifying it via labeling is more so.

>THINK BEFORE POSTING

>I saw that life has a dirty side and got scared me so much that I shitted my pants and now cry like a bitch on Veeky Forums because I'm too much a sissy to cope with it
fags

>I b8 threads because I have nothing better to do with my time or life

Funny, because that's exactly what you do with those posts consisting of pure whining

>implying any were me
>implying you're wasting your own time arguing and baiting.
Wow. You the same kid talking about his low as fuck high school gpa in the other thread?

>except eating pussy
>supporting the objectification of women by reducing their genitals to a snack

Unless you're living off the grid in the middle of nowhere there is no way that you aren't involved in the "suffering of animals"
Many aspects of our modern society were built upon the consumption of lower level lifeforms, not just on a dietary basis, but also for other needs and utilities as well.

#NirvanaFallacy

When I was 8 I stayed with my grandparents in Ghana, a small country in west Africa.
While there we often visited the supermarket where I got to see live goat slaughtering and butchering.
We also used to raise and kill chickens on our property.
Stop being a bitch, did you think that steak and sirloins appeared out of thin air?
Every living thing on this earth feeds of another.

The whole idea that "because x is natural" argument doesn't hold water. Humans do many many non-natural things.
Also
>grandparents in Africa
Pic for you
Just because someone wants to lower their general effect to the environment doesn't mean it cannot be done or that somehow because they cannot totally remove it it shouldn't be done

>The whole idea that "because x is natural" argument doesn't hold water.
It's not because it's natural, it's because it's practical.
For all the substances you consume something has to provide them whether it be an animal or plant.

Nah m8, I got well involved in that dirty side of life, I've just decided in recent years that it's not really on

Considering that they don't consume animal products because of the animal aspect, I doubt asking them about steak or sirloin appearing from thin air is logical. The agreement that every organism consumes from another is false. And just because we aren't photoautotrophs doesn't mean there isn't an agreement to consume less.

Veja shoes I think are vegan. Or they at least have a vegan section on their site

Nah I don't even feel bad for the animals. I was disgusted on a strictly unhygenic level not on a morality level. It smelt like shit in there and there was so much dirty water. Imagine taking a chunk of lamb out the freezer putting it in a bowl then defrosting it. Then taking it out of the bowl and pouring the liquid residue at the bottom of the bowl on your face. That's what it was like, absolutely abhorrent conditions

We let these guys have a few threads on Veeky Forums and then things got worse.
Then we had vegan mods come in and the whole place went to shit.
Dont let vegans ruin your board

How?

If you just fancy checking out some ethical/sustainable designers, here ya go

notjustalabel.com/designers/blacksheep?f[0]=field_designer_category:1002&f[1]=field_designer_category:997

How what, how did they take control?

copper some veja shoes and they're pretty comfy desu

*copped

Nah take over

Moot had one of those calls for janitors and mods.
First we got a janitor that would delete any posts that made vegans look bad. They let vegan bashing happen but only in such a way as to make the "carnists" look like idiots.
Any clever posts that made legit criticisms were deleted.
Next round we got at least one full vegan mod with the power to ban.
Many of the more interesting posters got banned so often that they just gave up posting OC
Now its just reviewbrah and joey posting with the occasional vegan propaganda

Is it ethical for vegans to consume products that were manufactured in inhuman conditions? Is it ethical for vegans to consume products that destroy the environment?

there is no ethical consumption under capitalism

Animals eat plants to grow "meat" and produce milk/eggs/whatever and also have to mantain their body functions so not every calorie from their plant foods goes into the meat we eat, eating plants directly requires way less beings killed to reach our nutritional needs so it's better anyway.

See above.

Veganism is inherently ethical, the other "lifestyle" is just called a plant-based diet. Ah and btw environmentalism is about ethics too.

10 people did, it says Limited edition of 10 pairs right there.

It's not any different from any "designer" fashion brand.

This person is right. But most vegan brands are also concerned with human working conditions and the environment so many do their best to get the best factories they can to produce their products.

It's mostly about demand, everything else is symbolic. (you could eat "free" meat but you don't to prove something and to be consistent)

yes, getting materials directly from (most) plants is way more efficient

It's possible to reduce suffering tho.

That's unethical, doesn't matter if you're vegan or not. Veganism just sets the line at animals but that doesn't mean you should stop there.

Also veganism is most of the time better for the environment as you only need "one" trophic level to get food/materials compared to animals (you have to feed them plants like corn and soy).

The problem is that people are not consistent with their thoughts and actions, no proper vegan would want to make you change your mind if what you think is logical and consistent but it's impossible to deny the "bad" things animal agriculture does to animals and the environment.

Just because there is not universal solution doesn't mean you should not try.

You don't know what ethics is, or what the word "ethical" means.

You're a retard.

Yeah but dude its ok to exploit the 3rd world as long as you're not eating meat :)

Yes, it is vegan but if you're poor and were going to buy a sweatshop made t-shirt anyways, your best bet at minimizing the suffering is going for the vegan $3 t-shirt. If you have the money then the logical answer is to buy a fair trade t.shirt.

And veganism just sets the line at animals but that doesn't prevent you from helping humans too.

No, it isn't and nobody thinks that.

Excepting give women head is a nessecary part of sex positive feminism you cuck

Ah yes deny your humaness because you feel guilt

Fucking pussy

as a fellow ethical vegan I can highly vouch for Rombaut
I have a pair of the pollon patch shoes in black and the quality is very very nice

Story MFG is pretty dedicated to ethical production, and all of their stuff is vegan

>I'm fundamentally damaged and so so sad, so I try to distract myself by acting superior and detached on the internet

I M V E G A N
M
V
E
G
A
N

Surprised no one has linked goodguys
goodguys.bigcartel.com/

why do retarded meat eaters keep repeating this terrible argument?

usound like a pussy

eat your leaves and be quiet

rip veganism, best argument ever

brb going for a cheeseburger

I'd already be happy if I could find some high quality vegan formal shoes.

Often I have the impression that companies are just advertising shitty faux leathers as vegan to help sell them.

Pathetic queer.

Vegan checking in, considering buying a pair of these boots as beaters, what are your thoughts?

These are brands that have been recommended/I've heard of, but I haven't copped anything yet.

Matt & Nat do bags and shoes
Wills, Bruno Pieters, The Brave Gentleman - formal shoes
Shoes Like Pottery - canvas sneakers
On Cloud - vegan running shoes
Story MFG - clothing

thanks for the list.

I know nothing about these boots, and can't tell too much from the looks.

What's your thoughts about picking out vegan items from regular brands? Such as canvas variants of Palladium boots or APC denim that don't have a leather patch etc.

By that same measure, all religions would be for lunatics, since each offers a moral framework through which to view the universe.

Solovair 8 Eye Derby in Vegan Black Thoughts?

>Often I have the impression that companies are just advertising shitty faux leathers as vegan to help sell them.

yes, as a vegan I will never buy shitty "vegan leather" shoes again. It's better to stick to non-imitation materials or buy second hand leather.

Don't buy "vegan" leathers, it's the same cheap shit you find on $30 shoes, I have a pair of wills boots and they're just ok but IMO not worth the price, also their designs are not very good.

I have a pair of shoes like pottery and they're fine.

It's good to do that, you get better designs and create more demand for vegan items.

I prefer to support 100% vegan restaraunts, supermarkets and designers, but when it comes to clothes we're pretty deprived so out of 'necessity' I do buy vegan products from the cow-killing heathens and dine in mainstream restaurants with friends.
It's good news though when mainstream companies sense a shift in consciousness and demand and feel pressure to conform. Also would-be vegan startups can see that there's a demand and can open up shop knowing it will work

So do you just buy faux leather jackets, or what?

Well, that's the most reasonable things to do for now I guess.

2nd hand GYW dress shoes and sneakers it is then.

nah. I'd just go for denim jackets or poly-blend bombers. If I'd really be into leather jackets, I'd maybe try to find some second hand item.