Mewing thread

Mewing thread

I bought some Mastic gum and it's great, I'd recommend it. How long should I be chewing one piece?

How can you call it great if you don't know how to use it
Ps 1hr a day

I've been using it for a few days, I usually do for an hour or two and it feels great desu

Look like crack rocks, son.

what is this

He's a chinlet that fell for a dumb meme

imagine being in such a sad state you think shit like this actually works

Even if it doesn't work it's good for if you get sent to prison and guys start trying to rape you because you have a feminine face.

With all the added jaw strength you will be able to bite right through an erection with no problems.

Chewing gum is a great way to worsen TMJ,

Really bad for you jaw.

>chewing gum will change my bone structure

sources? Veeky Forums just says shit like its fact

Honestly my dentist told me that. My jaw gets pretty tight and I was telling him I chew gum alot. He told me it was pretty bad, something about the repeated friction on jaw rotating around the joint. I would try searching google or even asking your dentist next time you are in. I seriously completely stopped gum.

um bones are stronger than steal

This, most models have their face due to low muscle tension/not hypertrophied muscles. You get those faggots on IG showing off their hollow cheeks/masseters but they have narrow as hell skulls which are repulsive for aesthetics/women

Chewing mastic/falim gum improperly can cause muscle imbalance in the face. Specifically when you chew you either using your temporalis or your massetter, however when you chew a lot over a certain period of time, your face will start becoming rounder/jaw less prominent/angled which is not ideal.

Massetter hypertrophy can either make your head appear square or rounder therefore it's not really good at "growing your jaw" but I have noticed that my bottom teeth have straightened/been pushed to the gums and have MAYBE only given me 1-2 mm of chin downwards and forward due to teeth/alignment.

Nonetheless it will make you look rounder/jaw will definitely lose angularity due to muscles overpulling themselves

yes but chewing extra is stupid unless you want to have TMJ surgery. Jesus man

What about the tongue position thing? what's the proper way to place your tongue in your mouth?

>Chewing gum is a great way to worsen TMJ,
>Really bad for you jaw.

Remember 10 000 years ago when all the caveman humans died because their jaws were too TMJ'd to chew their uncooked leafs and animal kidneys?

retard. stop posting.

Life expectancy was very low and generally people had a lot of uncomfortable things that just didn't kill them. Also I don't think anyone was chewing on things for hours each day. Humans for example don't eat uncooked leafs all day like gorillas do.

>Life expectancy was very low
myth
>Also I don't think anyone was chewing on things for hours each day.

roughly a 95% increase in chewing effort from today

> Humans for example don't eat uncooked leafs all day like gorillas do.

Humans are omnivores with a vast diet.

>myth
Yeah it was very high with all the caveman doctors and knowledge on human body and health they had back then. Shame the reptillians had to take it all away when they left Earth.

Humans don't eat between 18 to 30 kg of plant matter each day.
There is nothing suggesting that 10.000 years ago humans were eating a largely plant or even leaf based diet rather than favouring fruit and animals. In fact we know animals such as pigs, cattle and goats had already been domesticated, wheat and barley were getting cultivated and food was cooked.

There is also nothing suggesting that prehistoric humans regularly lived till they were 80. In fact there are people today living as hunter gatherer without modern medicine and they have a low life expectancy even if you don't count child mortality.

Where did you get all of that from? No one that you were replying to said anything about 18-30 kg of plant matter.

All evidence points to humans living to the ages of 70 and 60.

Gorillas eat that much. It was hyperbole in reply to the pointless statement that humans are omnivores. Being an omnivore doesn't make you a leaf chewer.

Can you point that evidence? I don't mean evidence that people managed to live that long, I don't think anyone is debating that. Simply whether a substantial percentage of people did.

Does chewing this give you headaches? I think I get a headache after chewing gum for a while.

Also should your tongue (the tip really) rest right in the roof of your mouth in that curved part or it be resting on that front part about a centimetre behind your front teeth?

Enjoy your jutting, bruxism, and all the other jaw problems.
Want a more defined jaw? Lose weight. Simple as that.

I'm trying to get into mewing but every time I stop focusing on it for a second my jaw swings open and my tongue rests at the bottom of my mouth. What do?

Buy a bioblock to force you to keep good posture

>There is also nothing suggesting that prehistoric humans regularly lived till they were 80.

Yes there is. Quite a lot, in fact. The fairly recent study of paleolithic era Sweden is a famous example for you.

Granted, surviving into adulthood 15,000+ years ago was difficult, so many died very young, but if you didn't you could count on not dying of complications related to old age until into your 70's.

>Granted, surviving into adulthood 15,000+ years ago was difficult, so many died very young, but if you didn't you could count on not dying of complications related to old age until into your 70's.
So just like today then except with more dying when you're young? I don't think anyone is saying people had a built in kill switch.

So what are we arguing about?

>There is also nothing suggesting that prehistoric humans regularly lived till they were 80. In fact there are people today living as hunter gatherer without modern medicine and they have a low life expectancy even if you don't count child mortality.
>even if you don't count child mortality.
>So just like today then except with more dying when you're young? I don't think anyone is saying people had a built in kill switch.
?????

so is chewing this stuff good or bad for you in the end? I'm kind of annoyed by this uncertainty since I enjoy the chewing but I don't want to fuck myself up
wat do?

I have terrible TMD/TMJ and I can also attest to my orthodontist saying this is terrible if you have the disorder. Im pretty much fucked unless I get surgery with not good enough of a success rate or try some sort of retainers.
To be clear this is not just having a weak jaw or anything. So idk if it works for people like that. Mine constantly clicks with each bite etc, and occasionally flares up like arthritis in my face lol.

What does Veeky Forums think of facial surgery?
Like man, I'm not a big fan of my face so I want to change it. I want a bigger chin and a better nose. It is bad that I want face surgery?

what you want is a sliding genioplasty

discuss cosmetic surgery in cosmetic surgery general

Nutrition was promarily from (cooked) root vegetables and (cooked) meat before agriculture, nothing extremely though. And before that "we" weren't even human, we had different bodies so what those beings chewed is irrelevant to what we should do today.

Talk to a real medical professional, don'a as an anonymous image board.

every chinlet should be doing this (or chin implant) instead of fucking up their jaws with pseudoscience meme shit

I've been chewing mastic gum for almost 11 months - sometimes everyday, sometimes every 2 or 3 days, depending on how tired the muscles feel, since I don't want to hurt myself. Usually I only do it for 30 minutes or so.

In the past I had jaw pain, jaw clicking, and sometimes if I had my mouth open, I would bite down automatically like a muscle spasm. I also used to wake up with drool all over my pillow. All of that went away, my mandible has become more angled/square and defined and I have very strong cheekbones.

Maybe you should actually try doing it before you think you know anything.

>every chinlet should be doing this (or chin implant) instead of fucking up their jaws with pseudoscience meme shit

not exactly, sliding genio and chin implants are for people who have mostly forward grown faces/jaws but just weak chins

if you look like pic related you will need much more extensive jaw surgery because a sliding genio only changes the chin, which in this case will just elongate your face even more

>my mandible has become more angled/square and defined and I have very strong cheekbones.

fake news

g..guys... am I a chinlet?

how do I get rid of the double chin? I'm not even fat baka

>g..guys... am I a chinlet?

yep, sliding genioplasty is what you need. don't get an implant

That's a jawlet and chinlet not just a chinlet.

>Life expectancy was very low
mostly because they shat in their own water supplies and didn't have vaccines, fuccboi

Not really, they were not dumb and they probably had more individual knowdledge/intelligence as they couldn't google everything they needed at the instant.

Also life expectancy is an average, and that average is "modified" by humans that didn't even reach adulthood, by babies that died just after they were born.

Dead wrong, friendo. It's mostly due to the infant mortality rate at the time.

I have a shit jaw and a sort of narrow face and chewing falim gum has definitely helped make my face look wider and slightly more square. It's just muscle gains though. No actual change to my jaw from what I can tell (I didn't expect my jaw to change though so whatever).

If you have a narrow face and you want it to be wider it can definitely help to chew hard gum. I've been at it for about an hour a day for like 7 weeks and the difference is noticeable.

I still have a somewhat recessed chin and it doesn't help with that at all, but hey I'll take what I can get.

The low life expectancy was because of infant mortality driving down the average.
If you survived early childhood you probably made it 60-70 years.
Hunter gatherer diet and lifestyle isn't so bad, we evolved to live that way.
It's when we got things like agriculture and sugar that the problems started.

Someone actually post before and after pics. If y'all don't have any commit to doing it and post it a month from now for the sake of Veeky Forums

jaw/chin aesthetics are over rated anyway

as long as you're not fat and don't look like a ball in your side profile... the rest is just genetics. you're born with it, and there's not much you can do about it (ofc surgery, but that's not a common option)

maybe you should work on personality instead of thinking people will be interested in u cause u have a '''nice''' jaw :)

anyone have any non anectodal info on if this shiz works?

how terrible is your jawline that you chew gum solely for the hope that it might improve it

That doesn't exist.

See above.

>jaw/chin aesthetics are over rated anyway

>as long as you're not fat and don't look like a ball in your side profile

Having a weak chin automatically makes your side profile look like shit, also having a jawline is pretty important, I'm not saying it should be perfect but it should be visible at least.

But I agree with the rest of your comment.

Underated if anything

watching those Mike Mew videos makes me feel so much more confident.

I've got almost all of the forward growth aboriginals had, I've got my wisdom teeth fully functioning, I've got cheek bones poking through my skin, I've got a great jawline. Feels really fucking good man.

I just kept my mouth shut as a child and was really quiet and naturally had my tongue on the roof of my mouth.

post pics

boys
i have an overbite. when i hold my tongue to the roof of my mouth, should my front teeth be touching, or my molars (the overbite)?

This is just a joke.

I would also like to know this desu

AFAIK you want your proper "bite". jutting is bad

but your teeth don't even need to be touching to mew, they just have to be close together. just have your teeth the same way they usually are when your mouth is closed. the only difference is tongue position

Post before and after pix of jaw. Otherwise it's easy not to conclude that your "noticeable" differences are wishful thinking and self affirmation

I have a bad overbite so I just keep my front teeth touching constantly unless I am chewing, otherwise the overbite would really mess with my facial proportions. I haven't ever had any negative effects from it and it honestly feels more natural and comfortable than the overbite position

stop eating junkfood
also go to Veeky Forums for weightloss retard

#facts

imagine having such low self esteem that you're desperate enough to do something like this

now imagine 39 of those people all in one place

amazing; sad!

I don't have missing chin, but is this pleasant to chew anyway? I like tough textures and chew gum fairly often. Is this good just for recreation?

trained vocalist here with tmj
yes chewing gum is bad for your jaw
fine in moderation, not everyday

Child mortality specifically refers to very young children up to about 4 or 5 years.

If you actually read your paleo propaganda you'd know that life expectancy also was pretty damn poor because people died of wounds from hunting, accidents and combat. Which is pretty relevant if we're discussing whether it's good for humans to chew on shit all day. First of hunter and gatherer societies never chewed on shit all day either because they weren't fucking cows and secondly even if they did some fucked up jaw is nothing compared to the other things they could survive or succumb to.

>when i hold my tongue to the roof of my mouth
i had no idea there were so many people that didn't do this naturally

fucking subhumans

post jaw and chin

how the fuck is gum related to fashion

>implying an attractive jawline isn't effay as fuck

>talk to professionals

Thing about professionals is they will rarely, if ever, tell you when they just don't fucking know. If a treatment is slightly out of the norm': they probably don't know.
Also, if they think a retarded normie wouldn't keep up with it they won't recommend it.
For instance: how many people are given dope or surgeries because the docs don't trust them to eat right, exercise etc.?
Whether or not Mewing works most of these professionals are going to "hmmm" and "I don't know about that" while looking at you like you're a crazy retard for bringing it up.

I feel like my jaw is shit.
Feels too feminine?
What do? I started mewing and straightening my back, putting shoulders back and sitting/standing more upright. Gonna order some mastic gum as soon as I can sell some stuff on grailed.

that's your face, it will look like that forever. Lose a bit more weight and you could have more definition, that's about it.

don't waste your time and money on stupid shit like chewing techniques and special gum.

Can confirm, nothing gives me a TMJ headache as quickly as chewing gum does. Not to mention the stabbing ear pain. :( Though I think you're much likely to get TMJD through excessive clenching.