Vaporwave inspo

I fell for the vaporwave meme and I want to have a vaporwave style without looking like a retard try-hard. I also like futur funk.
Norm-core is my actual style, I'm wearing a dark blue jean with a basic t-shirt, my only accessories is a watch pic related, tjis is really boring.
Is vaporwave only a meme or a source of inspo ?
Post inspo.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-RFunvF0mDw
verycoolshirtz.com/products
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>how do i dress like a meme
>without looking like a meme

I absolutely fucking hate ANYONE that associates with vaporwave in 2017. I remember it being new and a novelty but now it's so fucking gay and only facebook normies still think it's cool.

Just wear your normal damn clothes and listen to vaporwave.

I discovered Vaporwave 2 years ago but it's still something "new" for me.

Good idea user, you saved me from looking like a retard.

>>wearing normcore
You're already doing it. DO NOT I REPETER DO NOT buy those graphic shitty Taiwanese factory t shirts. DO NOT. Buy some light wash denim shorts (boxy not slimming, short not long), buy some shutter shades in a color you like, wear some reeboks/nikes/adidas but make sure you look vintage. Wear mid calf socks.

don't buy shutter shades.

This, except for the gay shades

you're 5 years too late pleb

>I want to have a vaporwave style without looking like a retard try-hard
ah yes... Zeno's paradox...

you're honestly a basic ass fucking faggot if you like vaporwave in 2017

Red varsity jacket, white tee, lightly faded blue jeans, and red Chucks

Woah dude, don't beat him up after school

Didn't vaporwave come from /mu/ in like 2014?

Shut up. If people like Vaporwave that's fine by them. And its a good thing that Vaporwave has become very popular because I've noticed that lots of places are now drawing designs from the /vaporwave aesthetics/.

Now I can agree that people who think it's just a meme should be hung, but people listening to good vaporwave like Deep Fantasy are fine.

Image on Vaporwave popularity 2004-2017

Here is an example of Vaporwave 'appropriation'

i love vaporwave because it's basically concentrated 90s' nostalga, and 90's was the time when i was young and happy.

>WHAT YEAR IS IT AGAIN?

This is bait, right?

is there a single person itt that isnt a complete moron?

I'm happy that you're into it but vaporwave as an aesthetic is so played out at this point.

Let me clue you in on something. This is the first vaporwave track:

youtube.com/watch?v=-RFunvF0mDw

2009. Eight fucking years old.

2013/14 was the very last gasp for it.

Now, if you really want to take this whole vaporwave aesthetic to the next level, I would suggest ironically going to a competitive business school, getting a high-paying job in the corporate world, preferably in a big city, and dressing in a white collar with the brace suspenders.

I just wear stuff like 80's japanese drifter racers and ppl still 'get' that i like vaporwave.

example?

Shit... VW is really dead right?

>vaporwave in 2017
come on dude. really? nothing wrong with liking the music but trying to dress yourself based off of it?

youre late this trend died like 2-3 years ago

Vaporwave is breddy Autistic.

I'm liking the Fashwave, and general neon-80's æ s t h e t i c.

This is now a /drivecore/ thread

The genre is more complicated than just DUDE MARBLE STATUES LAMAO.

I love the genre, although many albums are extremely difficult to listen to if it's not your style. For an example, Internet Club's REDEFINING THE WORKPLACE is NOT for everyone.

vaporwave > street anything

who fucking cares. don't like the genre myself but it doesn't matter

"le vaporwave yung lean random japanese letters xddd" is an offshoot of streetwear, and a really shit one at that

At least it doesn't support a culture that promotes violence among minorities ^:)

vapor95.com
get all your meme shit here

verycoolshirtz.com/products

Agreed. It's pathetically tryhard subculture signaling. Basically saying "heh look babe, I know about the internet and because I'm a worthless boring shit of an individual, I like to dress up as a meme."

Mallsoft is best vaporwave submeme, future funk is the worst

>clothes promote violence
heh

it came from /mu/ in like 2011

this, op is being a hypocrite

wrong, earlier and not from /mu/

just how many of you listen to music and suddently start hating it because it is becoming trendy? vaporwave is great, the people using it as a meme are cancer

"Japanese drifter racers"

I like vapor wave because of its use of color. I like to take aspects of it, palewave and 90s inspo, they are all in the same style genre though subtly different. Lighter colors are so fresh feeling for this time of year.
I unironically like some of the music, I feel it provides a good entry point for interesting compositions.

Mostly share this opinion.
It can be nice for inspo but it can be overdone and done badly.
Finding vintage stuff that fits its mood can be fun as well, and is the best way to do it desu

Stop

bump

It's shoegaze no? That's entry level stuff.