Which Christian denomination is the least heretical?

Which Christian denomination is the least heretical?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcellions
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Roman Catholic

Miaphysite

offtopic,

The Russian and Greek Orthodox Churches.

Tolstoy

Messianic Judaism.

Don't believe Paul and his lies.

"Heretical" is just a statement "hey, you don't agree with me" and an implied license to reject, subsequently evict, said notion or person who holds the notion. It's just a way for bigots to exercise power of dismissal. I don't think God really cares "who is a heretic", but only that we try to know him and affirm his existence, rather than thinking we are gods. Actually, running around proclaiming people heretics is probably expressly not a good thing, but then none are righteous, so we're going to do it anyway.

So you come to an answer of "all" or "none", and that doesn't make sense in our minds, so we go with the flavor which is least likely in the moment to get us ostracized or brutally killed, which may, in actuality, be the worst reason to do anything, if you really felt you were right.

Lutherans shitting up Veeky Forums today.

>so we go with the flavor which is least likely in the moment to get us ostracized or brutally killed

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcellions

Not really.

Catholics, Orthodox, and non-Chalcedonians traditionally viewed each other as coreligionists. While they had doctrinal differences, they all respected each others rites and traditions. Heresies are perversions of the established faiths - this goes beyond a simple disagreement over practice.

>Heresies are perversions of the established faiths

Says the person from the point of his conjecture. I'm not sure you realize what you just said. "This is correct because these people understand this to be correct", and now you've just illustrated why most other Jews gave a flippin care Jesus was put to death. All the sadducees and all the pharisees said he was interpreting and expressing in a wrong fashion, yet if you are Christian, you "know" he was very correct.

No, I'm not saying Martin Luther was Jesus. You can't say any given member of those faiths you mention are/were Jesus either. Either we're "all wrong" or "all right" or both, or neither. There is no "mostly right", although arguably there is "I'm trying to be right", but that should not preclude the absolute notion "I might need to be corrected".

> "I might need to be corrected".

I neglected to mention, God does this, not you or I. God is the father who hands down the love and correction as a caring parent. Not humans, who are each and every one just as wrong as the next.

The eucharist sacrament was never a christian doctrine until the 3rd century before then they practiced the eucharist as protestants do today

Ignatius of Antioch

Take note of those who hold heterodox opinions on the grace of Jesus Christ which has come to us, and see how contrary their opinions are to the mind of God. . . . They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ, flesh which suffered for our sins and which that Father, in his goodness, raised up again. They who deny the gift of God are perishing in their disputes (Letter to the Smyrnaeans 6:2-7:1 [A.D. 110]).

Justin Martyr

We call this food Eucharist, and no one else is permitted to partake of it, except one who believes our teaching to be true and who has been washed in the washing which is for the remission of sins and for regeneration [i.e., has received baptism] and is thereby living as Christ enjoined. For not as common bread nor common drink do we receive these, but since Jesus Christ our Savior was made incarnate by the word of God and had both flesh and blood for our salvation, so too, as we have been taught, the food which has been made into the Eucharist by the Eucharistic prayer set down by him, and by the change of which our blood and flesh is nurtured, is both the flesh and the blood of that incarnated Jesus (First Apology 66 [A.D. 151]).

Irenaeus

He has declared the cup, a part of creation, to be his own blood) from which he causes our blood to flow; and the bread, a part of creation, he has established as his own body, from which he gives increase unto our bodies. When, therefore, the mixed cup [wine and water] and the baked bread receive the Word of God and become the Eucharist, the body of Christ, and from these the substance of our flesh is increased and supported) how can they say that the flesh is not capable of receiving the gift of God, which is eternal life — flesh which is nourished by the body and blood of the Lord and is in fact a member of him? (Against Heresies 5:2 [A.D. 189]).

The One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church which was founded by Christ Himself.

>Messianic Judaism.

This tbqh

Eastern Orthodox Church

burn in hell for worshipping Pope

Whichever you believe to be true.

Church of Ireland

Armenian orthodox church.

Arianism

t, arian

Roman Catholic

Proddies are basically Muslims and Orthodox are just stuffy old farts who cling too much to ritual and nationalism

>stuffy old farts who cling too much to ritual and nationalism

Said the papist

Catholosism is a universal and organic faith
Orthodoxy is artificial and full of nonsense contradiction over what is "orthodox" and what isn't

The problem with "Orthodoxy" is that it's neither Orthodox nor Catholic.

>Orthodox """"""""Christian"""""""""

The denomination that labeled all the categories of heresy.

non-denominational

just read the bible, follow its rules and spread it's words

Orthodox.

> Roman """"""""Catholic"""""""""

Not him but see

>Be Bishop of Rome in the remains of a split empire
>Have position of honor, but there are 4 other major bishops on the other side of said empire you have to counsel with to make decisions for the church
>fuck that
>decide to make changes on your own to some wording
>other side doesn't accept these changes
>use the to justify splitting the church in two so you become the main religious authority in the west
>pretend the other side left and use your political power as you see fit, justifying it all on a new (read: departing from the traditions established by the early church) interpretation of a single verse

>fast forward
>East is no longer tempered by forces seeking progress and instead adheres (sometimes violently) to even the smallest traditions, as their counsels are now incomplete
>West is now unrestricted by conservative forces and drowns itself in decadence to the point that it births new sects that proceed to fragment endlessly outward, all while the catholic church tries to become more acceptable to the modern age at the cost of sanctity.
>YouCouldHavePreventedThis.jpeg

Also
>
>Pretending orthodoxy isn't united in any way because they don't have some second head on the church for everyone to look up to, and have local administrations in various nations (not unlike each bishop having their own diocese, as has been done since the church was spread)
>using a map that doesn't include countries with orthodoxy as being highlighted while clearly including said countries below, just to try and make orthodoxy seem less prevalent
Weak.

Ebionites are probably the closest to what Jesus actually preached. Of course, Paulians think they're heretics.

LaVeyan satanism.

Mine. You can't join.

>While they had doctrinal differences, they all respected each others rites and traditions
The key here IS the doctrinal differences though. I don't think there's too many Orthodox who take issue with the Catholic for using the Western Rite Mass, for example, but you can bet they take a LOT of issue with the Filioque and the authority of the Pope.

I think it would be better to say that each of these traditions view each other as somewhat heretical, but only in the sense that they've been misguided, and are not actively trying to undermine the "proper teachings" instead.

The thing is though is that all of those "separate" Orthodox churches all together make up the Orthodox Catholic Church. The only difference is is that they don't have to differ to a central authority, but they are by all means as united in theology and worship as the Catholics.

A better comparison would be the compare separate Catholic jurisdictions with the individual Orthodox churches.

This movie would have been so much better if the lead didn't spend half the fucking movie wooing a mudslime.

Nevermind the fact that the crusaders are portrayed as the fucking bad guys.

Catholic Cafeterian or Catholic who is skeptical of the Church.