I'm a fairly "rich" dude. Meaning I can spend less than half of what I earn (even including rent and food)

I'm a fairly "rich" dude. Meaning I can spend less than half of what I earn (even including rent and food).

Now sometimes I feel like dressing up, parading around, attracting chicks and all the status things.
Other times I feel I should do the opposite, underplay everything and not get in contact with any leeches - after all, just the feeling of higher status is useless in the long run.

What gives? If fashion isn't fun to you, is there even a point to it.
Feels like if we think otherwise, it's just because we're cogs in the capitalism and whatever ideology machine.

PS I work with 20 computer science people, I'd accidentally overdress if I don't wear a t-shirt at work. There is nobody to impress, because my boss looks just like the others as well.

>If fashion isn't fun to you, is there a point to it?

Do you mean more than half?

What I meant is that more than 50% of what goes to my account doesn't get used, I earn more than my single income household can use. Anyway, I'm just saying I'm a 30yo with a good job.
I struggle with meaning - sometimes I want to climb the social ladder (and Veeky Forums is part of that) and sometimes that seems very counterproductive to do.

get into a club, start collecting something, whatever, but your job shouldn't be your life.

What you're talking about isn't fashion

What is it?
Seems like upper fashion always comes with status

Invest that money into something to make even more moeny

>I'm a fairly "rich" dude. Meaning I can spend less than half of what I earn (even including rent and food).

You're not "fairly rich", just bad with money. Invest that shit.

Finally I found someone who can answer a question I've had for so long

Do you feel like your fashion sense worsens when you get into fields like yours? When I first got into Film/Comp Sci I was around a majority of people who had no taste for fashion and saw that I stopped caring about the way I dressed for a while. (It sucked)
I got over it but that was because I went on a break from the fields.

that was a painfully boring read, man

according to what you said there is no point in you getting involved in fashion

I like feeling like I look good. You can't look good if you dress like shit.

save, dude. Between me and my gf we made almost $400k last year and we have $4k between us go straight to savings every month.
That way after a few years you can put a few down payments on small rental properties and become a slumlord. Rent covers morgage and in a decade or so you own 3-4 properties outright that you didn't even pay for

Do it for yourself, but still be self aware and don't go overboard. I work in tech and my wife is a doctor so we do alright. I usually buy most my clothes on sale at cheap places like uniqlo. But I throw in some pieces that are more expensive that I feel good about. Just make sure the overall formality works for you setting, then focus on colors and fit.

I wouldn't waste too much of your time getting deep into fashion unless it is really your hobby. Just stay somewhat with current fashion and wear things that make you feel happy, and each social situation is relatively different. Keep it minimal with only a few out there items.

Recently I am all about comfort. My shoes need to be comfy, my crotch needs to be comfy, etc... I really don't want to spend too much tonight on fashion and instead I am research what sort of fun car to drive.

>makes 400k
>saves 1%

Seems real

I never cared for fashion at all.
Then I got laid and discovered what fashion in some sense means to some people (girls) and started to kind of like the ideas.
I didn't and never do feel any pressure to look like anything. I can only assume it helps a bit getting laid, but as soon as I have a girl in bed, her view of me doesn't seem to shift back once I don't "dress up" anymore.
So sometimes I have phases where I think "fashion is fun", and I like looking at styled up girls, but for me it's not a must and I'm wondering (that's my question in the OP) if looking not like a lazy student is even beneficial. Unless you go somewhere for biz, looking worse seems to help with getting with people.

I'll be looking into it

He said in a month, tho

Sounds good. I need more homosexuals in my life that go shopping with me. Or chicks.

We can switch topics

jfc dude

I live in an expensive metro area. Did you think I was pulling down almost half a mil in pedukah, Ky? Also 3k a month is ~36k a year. That's 10% of net.

Don't go shopping with gay dudes or women.

if it's not fun and you're not trying to impress someone then yeah there isn't any point

>If fashion isn't fun to you, is there a point to it?
Not really imo. Also go ahead and overdress. Fuck them. If you enjoy it go for it, it might give them a prod to change and maybe they'll ask for advice if they get a taste for it. Highly unlikely though.

that's a neat concept, never thought about it

1st get a gym subscription

like, a really nice gym

That's not very impressive depending on where you live. Some people spend $600 on their rent etc. So what you have $600 per month to spend on shit? That ain't much for adult hobbies. Now for your question , what the fuck are you talking about. Either you're interested in fashion or not. Are you so empty a fucking person you have no interest in nothing? Go fishing, start gardening, collect miniatures, buy old books, drink expensive whine.

I am at a gym, my bro is a physician and hobby body builder, if you want. I don't see the connection, tho

You seem unnecessarily mean. And it's more than 600, but that's not the point.

The question is if there is a net benefit. It's not about my other hobbies, I ask if it's not fun in of itself, is there necessarily a strategic point to it or can it harm

>If fashion isn't fun to you, is there even a point to it
No

Pls don't make stupid threads

fun fashion is the best but will always be looked down upon by elites

>fairly rich dude
lmao