First Designer Item

What was your first designer item, Veeky Forums? Why did you get it? Do you still wear it?

YSL zip boots because they're beautiful and yes I still wear them

Mine was a pair of CDG Play Converse.

I got them because I was new to Veeky Forums and it seemed like every cool person had a pair. I did like the design by itself, but I was no doubt influenced by internet culture.

I still wear them! I've gotten a lot of compliments. I think it's because CDG Play is a well-known brand that normal, everyday people associate with fashion. I feel like they're complimenting the brand moreso than the piece itself.

great choice. Need em myself, saving atm.
What would be your next choice if you weren't allowed to get these?

acnestudios shortsleeve shirt

i actually wanted a christophe lemaire tshirt but idk why i never bought it

>What was your first designer item, Veeky Forums?
Jean Paul Gaultier striped long sleeve I think.

>Why did you get it?
Basic, simple and had great fit.

>Do you still wear it?
Actually not that much anymore.
But haven't gotten rid of it as it's pretty timeless and I'll probably start wearing it again in the future.

Ann Demeulemeester Scamosciato High-top sneakers because they're in my opinion still the most beautiful sneakers ever made. Still wear them a lot.

>first designer item
CDG coach jacket
>why did you get it
Saw it reasonably cheap on a facebook group and it was one of the pieces that got me into streetwear, probably one of my early grails
>do you still wear it
yes, pretty regularly

idk if stussy counts a designer but that is what i consider my first streetwear piece.

>the piece

>a regular converse shoe

lol

Anna Sui bag. Still use it during the winter, as it's pretty good color wise.

I would not say that stussy is designer.
I'd say that almost no one would call stussy designer.

I'm still on the lookout for the gradients. One of these days a pair will pop up in my size.

Has your wardrobe expanded a lot since that one t-shirt? Like, how did that one t-shirt influence you from that point on? I remember getting my first higher-end basics and loving the quality, and that kind of made me more curious about trying other items.

Really good resale value, too. If at any point you decide to switch your style up majorly you'd probably make money by selling it.

I'm really hesitant about calling it designer. It's like saying Supreme is designer or The Hundreds is designer. I should've named the thread First Gateway Item or something. I don't even think my CDG Play Converse are truly "designer," actually. But if you feel that Stussy is what got you into streetwear like the chucks are what got me into fashion, I'm happy with that. What brands do you usually wear now?

none yet, still lurking until I figure out what's worth it or not

John Varvatos bomber jacket that I bought as a senior in high school a few months after lurking. It's a full zip/standing collar, and almost looks like a harrington with ribbed cuffs and hem. I bought it because i wanted a bomber but also didnt want to be like everyone else at the time (circa december 2013), so i copped it on a whim when i saw it. It's in a box somewhere at my parents house, I wish I still had it with me.

stan smiths, h&m sckinnies and cdg coach jacket

t-wang sweater

got rid of it cuz it for kanye tickets and i was in a thom b kick

YSL tee back in 2010 when that shit was popular

Bought these from Totokaelo about a month ago.
Still haven't worn them; I have a tendency to dress in my cheapest/worst clothes.

A black Robert Geller trenchcoat, from Grailed. Still wear it regularly, it's a great piece.
Got it because it was the only piece of designer outerwear I could afford at the time, but I'm very happy with it and my wardrobe has expanded a lot since then.

A pair of acne skinnies about 3 or 4 years ago
Got it because I was just getting into fashion and black jeans seemed to be an essential and versatile item (I still believe this)
Acne was fairly lauded on Veeky Forums at the time, and I was very pleased with the fit/quality
My style has moved away from jeans in general, but when I do find a reason to wear them they are still one of my go to pairs. Probably my most worn piece overall so they hold a special place in my heart

What do you now instead of jeans user?

Not sure you can count Y3 as designer, but these are my most luxury sneaker. I got them off Grailed as I was looking for a replacement black leather sneaker, my previous were some Axel Arigatos. I wear these at least once a week.

Similarly, I bought a Bleu De Paname jacket from DSM last year, although I do not wear it that regularly. It's mustard and brown colourway, and the rest of my wardrobe's colour pallete is more white, black, grey. Maybe during Spring I could try it out again.

Trousers (think comme/yohji style) more often than not, and occasionally cargos, sweats

Smart choice. I think the best way to go about it is getting collaboration items that fast fashion companies put out. For example, the Uniqlo x Undercover collab from 2012 is one of my favorite and I still wear many pieces from it. They're a nice stepping stone from mall-tier to whatever is above that.

Seems really worth it 2bh

I had the same problem. I remember upgrading my basics and being afraid to wear them. After a while you just accept the fact that clothes will wear down regardless of where the fabric is sourced from or what label is on the tag.

That's nice to hear, user

That's really neat. My whole life up until recently I've only worn denim. This winter I broke out the wings + horns wool pants for the first time. I've been getting more into cargos recently (specifically UC/Julius pairs). I love any UC zip cargos but they're a bit outside my price range atm. I have a pair of Max Stay Cash and I love them but haven't had a chance to tailor them this semester, but the quality feels great.

I'd say it counts. Those shoes remind me of a mix between Jil Sander/Common Projects/Uniqlo. Pretty cool.

A pair of DRKSHDW jeans

Got them because I found cheap second hand ones and wanted to try this style. Turned out stacking pants look like shit on me so I eventually sold them, for more than twice the price I initially got them for

>they're complimenting the brand moreso than the piece itself

Yes they are

Thanks man, yes part of my interest the Y3's was the somewhat ordinary silhouette has been given a funky sense of extension, while at the same time they're very appropriate for casual use.

What was your first designer item?

Appreciate the effort op, this board is in dire need of quality threads

I'm actually the CDG Play Converse guy. My first non shoe designer item was a 3.1 Phillip Lim wool sweater, though. I wore it this week actually. It's really comfortable and the color scheme goes well with my wardrobe. I can't attach a picture since I'm on mobile and cba but it's the checkered pattern green/black/white one from FW12. Cheers, dude.

Can't find the piece from a brief search but that sounds cool man, I need to start reinvesting in some nicer pieces.

My first desinger item was a pair of Julius Gas mask cargos. Got them for 200€ on ebay. I was definitely influenced by the whole Lunarcore thing going on back then. I dont wear them as much as i would like to, but i think thats to be expected with a niche item.

big black chanel flap. pretty shit quality, i have to say