So what really went wrong with crocs that made them become so hated?

So what really went wrong with crocs that made them become so hated?
On their own they're not that bad, I can see why some people might want to use them as casual shoes for going outside on a warm day/going to a beach or something I guess
is it just because some fucks tried to wear them as actual streetwear and normalize them that they became such an atrocity to even talk about?

Other urls found in this thread:

christopherkane.com/sets/crocs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>actually trying to dissect a fashion phenomena
>gets ignored for cop threads
c'mon Veeky Forums i'm sure you guys have stuff to say on this

They're really ugly, and poorly dressed people and children wore them

Because fat poor people buy them from Walmart. And they're ugly.

tongue slides to the side

It's a remarkable shoe, simple yet cool.

-self enquiry

i personally think wearing them without socks is their ultimate downfall, it kind of looks disgusting. but other than that they work well in place of something like sandals or some kind of comfy core esque shoe.there's really nothing wrong with them.

They silhouette is what went wrong

they are high risk/high reward. easy to fuck up and mostly worn badly but really interesting if you do it right,

polar opposite to something like common projects with are super dull but impossible to fuck up which is why they are so well loved by people just getting into fashion

post a pic of someone wearing crocs right

i like

The only use they have are people who are on their feet an ungodly amount or people with knee/back/hip problems. I have a pair I wear in my house while cleaning because my house is all hard wood and my shit's all fucked up from military service.

looks like a shop

They don't look good with denim or full length pants, they draw much attention to the feet so if you have ugly feet then you're in bad shape, the color schemes aren't subdued, and they only make sense to wear in warm climes.

It's very situational and restrictive so if you don't dedicate your life to the crocs, you will be fucked by them. Most people can't abide by the requisites.

this, plus OP "some fucks tried to wear them as actual streetwear and normalize them that they became such an atrocity to even talk about?"

i think it's the holes, personally

christopherkane.com/sets/crocs
>fashion

They were ugly and they were comfy but the main thing is that there was no reason to rebuy them or to continue buying many of them.

If you had one pair of crocs, that was enough. You wouldn't need every single colour. They don't wear out every season, you'd wear them to muck around on the boat in or to wear in the garden. They aren't feasibly "cute" like flip flops can be marketed as, where people think they need many colours or iterations. They were just an ugly, practical, cheapish shoe.

Damn