I used to be a regular here 4-5 years ago, during the Geobaskets, & givenchy days

I used to be a regular here 4-5 years ago, during the Geobaskets, & givenchy days

I'm just getting out of a relationship that took up all my time, & money.
I've completely lost all of my Veeky Forums & want to get it back

How has Veeky Forumsshion evolved since then?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ReS40XbVlEo
pin.it/l8t9gku
kotaku.com/here-is-some-edgy-fashion-inspired-by-Veeky
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wear general ill fitting 90' clothes, call it comfycore or some shit and youll get praised to hell and back

The only relic from my Veeky Forums days I still have.

Are you fucking kidding me?

That's what was happening when I left.

Looking around this board, everything is the same.

How has fashion not evolved in 5 years?

>Step up ya game nigger

fashion has evolved, this place is a stagnant site of shit taste. 'Fashion' is an unknown concept here. The only thing it's good for is an occasional discussion of a show; skincare threads; fragrance threads and the uncommon debate about a brand or a designer.

This place was the cutting edge for youth back in the day.

>How do I back into Veeky Forumsshion?

Ignore 90% of threads that could easily be separate posts in 'new to Veeky Forums' style threads, seek out the genuine fashion discussion, pick up on recommendations of quality from brands, hope to good if you ignore all the shitposters they'll leave.

Me now.
Still rocking the Hitler youth, because I don't know what else to do with it.

Now, everyone, & their little brother are rocking Hitler youths.

Is the only alternative still buzzing?

its become much more basic, less interest in designer and more in dressing to look "decent"
all trips from long ago are gone, no real good ones atm
proportion of rick haters to lovers has majorly increased

Oh boy.
Goddamn it Veeky Forums
This is going to take some work.

But that's Veeky Forumsshion amirite

Where are the fashion hotspots fashion websites nowadays?

Who are the new designers?

Post some runways, or something to get the fucking inspiration back in this place.

youtu.be/ReS40XbVlEo

This is the last show I remember.

Are we never going to find something better than black on black on black?

Being Veeky Forums these days according to WAYWT
>raid your dads closet
>wear ill fitting ratty ass old clothing
>ALWAYS tuck tops in to your pants
>pants need to be cropper
you are now fashion

Posting my eras Veeky Forums classics

I don't have a dad ;_;

That's fucking boring. I don't like it.

I don't even know where to begin anymore..

>Nice pair of Sneakers or Chucks.
>Levis
>Plain lame Tee tucked in
>Pants cropped and some weird socks to show
>Bomber

Here you go now you are effay also only black and white because colour is not an option kek.

Hahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaa

Veeky Forums now is just a normies board. If you want ROG and stuff like that, go to discord.

discord is for normies aka reddit chat

keep on believing that Veeky Forums is a fashion board.
>go to catalog
>soccer team shirt
>vaperwave
>palewave
>reddit boots
Do you need more examples?

What has Veeky Forums have to do anything? I'm just saying Discord is a normie platform for redditors

What I'm saying is that nowadays, even discord/facebook groups etc... have better fashion discussions then Veeky Forums.
Here we talk about basic sneakers, basic jeans etc...That's why I said to op, if he wants a real fashion discussion, he should go somewhere else.

You guys are the community, why are you self deprecating instead of fixing it, & inventing your own Veeky Forums style?

All of this vaporwave, palewave, comfy 90s was invited HERE 5 years ago

Rick, Yoji, & givenchy would have never became popular if it wasn't for this board being the brunt of their fanbase.

The same way we elected Trump through meme magic.

Someone just has to have the balls to do it.

Like this guy. A Veeky Forums poster that literally invented his own style here.

Poet, from the shit I have saved.

> & inventing your own Veeky Forums style?
says the guy that lit still has the HY memecut and asking 'How do I back into Veeky Forumsshion?'

>Rick, Yohji*, & Givenchy would never have became popular if it wasn't for this board
feel free to return to reality, Veeky Forums community makes up an absolute minority of any designer's active fanbase

>The same way we elected Trump
>>>>we

drop trips

I like your idea,but alot of Veeky Forums users just want clothes to look "nice", they don't give a damn about fashion/designers clothes.
I don't know how are you going to control Veeky Forums user base.

Yeah, because I was here when that shit started nerd.

Are you fucking kidding me? Like 90% of Geobaskets sold went to Veeky Forums users.

Yeah, I forgot this isn't infinitechan.

Fuck off with your narssasism.
I'm here trying to spark some innovation, because clearly you guys haven't changed a fucking thing in 5 years.

I gave up on trying to be Veeky Forums that's my excuse. What's yours faggot?

You know what, post a fit or shut the fuck up.

>narssasism

Well, I'm glad to see the style I tried to start finally has some traction.
Tetsuo tech

It's a start, I'll work on it.

How did I know you'd pull out the one word my phone fucked up on.

narcissism*
Happy?

Still not seeing a fit.

Gay, I know I was 19 when I tried to turn this into a thing.

>Hmm, what shall I do today...
>I know, I'll revisit an online community I used to frequent, take credit for their acts and drastically overstate my importance and ""contributions"" to said community! Surely they will applaud me and make me their king.

hahah fuckin hell mate time for a new haircut

Are you kidding me?
You think the most elitest board on halfch was into my idea?
Nobody was biting into this shit in my time. lol
No one here cared about Akira.

I'm just glad there may be an interest to make something out of it now.

I don't think you realize how much Akira shit I was posting..

Here's my bored that I tried to build something on.
pin.it/l8t9gku
It kinda turned into a cluster fuck, but at least I'm trying to innovate.

What the fuck have you been doing I ask you?

STILL not seeing a fit.

>I contributed to bringing Akira into the underground fashion forum scene

congrats buddy

real Veeky Forums kid over here

Right?

Fucking buzzcuts.

I love my hair though..

I went with a traditional Ukrainian haircut for awhile, front shaved, & all but eh

>Pic related

>Like 90% of Geobaskets sold went to Veeky Forums users
In 2012 Rick Owens was already super well recognised, mainstream rappers were name-dropping him, his garments were available in many stores internationally, these processes occurred outside of the Veeky Forums bubble, living in hysteria if you think a small forum were purchasing thousands of units worth of an -unknown- designer

>narcissism
>spark some innovation
well i haven't seen your shitty trips in any other decent thread so u can do one

>still thinking trying to be Veeky Forums is a genuine concept

>taking fit pics
i don't need to, why would i allow your shit taste to dictate whether or not my fit warrants me making all of these points

>Veeky Forums elitest

>Still not posting fit

I'm starting to think you're just some fat nerd. Impress me.

Post your palewave/90s comfycore with a Tasmania devil t-shirt or shut the fuck up.

>Pic related

This is how I'm imagining you right now.

2012 was the last time I was here, not when I showed up. That was like 2008

Raf, & rick were only starting to get named dropped from all the buzz on here, & the other forums everyone went to.

Trust me dahg, this board blew the fuck up when asap started dropping names.

I can almost guarantee you'd never know who any of them were until you came to this board.

You're a faggot, browse the board and contribute instead of making a selfpity spoonfeedme combo thread

lol
What?

I'm going to work.

Stop being so elitest. It's a turn off.

2008 is already 2 decades into both designer's careers.

>Raf, & rick were only starting to get named dropped from all the buzz on here
if you think online forums shift and sway the perceptions and tastes of chic tastemakers in the real world, genuine mainstream creatives that inspire ordinary people, that's just totally unlikely. What's much more likely, is fashion publications (see Vogue), luxury boutique stores, events happening in cities (see London, Paris, LA, New York) all contribute to expose up and coming designers. Raf and Rick were already very well established in all of these areas in 2008. They'd literally been showing decades worth of fashion shows in major cities which were being featured in major magazines.

do you think genuinely think A$AP Rocky sifted through Veeky Forums, saw all this chatter about Rick Owens and Raf Simons, and thought to himself, 'yeah im gonna rap about how im always dressed in these completely unrecognised underground designers because i saw it on a Cantonese Origami board"

yeah no

jfc dude

drop trips bruh

clearly you're in a bad place because otherwise you wouldn't be unnecessarily lashing out at people for just answering your questions. if you really cared about being innovative, you'd be doing something other than shilling your shitty narcissistic nostalgia to a forum of users who make up such an insignificant portion of the fashion world.

just leave Veeky Forums and go work on yourself instead. meditate.

This place is a snake eating its own til.
Dadcore has returned after 9 years in hiatus

He's not wrong. It's like any other enterprise in life: you have a minority (1%-5%) of the actors that constitute the tip of the spear and drive innovation.
We don't have that here these days. In terms of cutting edge fashion, we're treading water.
About the best trip we have here these days is mwwt and while he can reliably put together solid fits, he isn't breaking any new ground.
We don't have any knoch at present

>mwwt
lmao no

who is the least bad of the trips these days? offer up one better than mwwt

According to the news UNIQLO killed fashion so you just have to wear whatever they tell you.

>no more case
>no more dan
>no more teddy
>no more fashion fag (whatever, some gay asian living in SF)

>Bunch of teenagers asking w2c

>mwwt
>knoch

Veeky Forums never liked givenchy except when that rottweiler print got hyped to heck
what are you on about?
in what world would a Veeky Forums that loved avant-garde fashion also like givenchy?

Is this the oldfag confessional thread?

I still wear my Pyrex fuccboi fits at home, comfy af desu

Not it wasn't. This board has always been comprised predominantly of those years behind and hangers on.

Tripsk is still here though

I pulled out my flecktarn parka this spring for commuting to work

Someone fix this fucking board
Nobody here knows how to dress,
20+ shitposting boards
Someone asking how to pull off a leather jacket
Where should I go as a fashion nerd now
This is so fucking shit
Nobody is talking about fashion they just want advice on how to get chicks and stop dressing like autism
Take your shit to MFA God damn, I can't fucking stand it

I sold all my wardrobe when hypebeasts caught onto Veeky Forums 2013-core and now I dress like shit despite owning multiple ''''''grails'''' like an OG lang parka
Veeky Forums is dead for good now. This board has become Veeky Forums - looking slightly less autistic to your 16 year old peers and this will never ever change unless the current generation of kids gets genocided somehow and all the previous oldfags who actually liked tricky rick, ccp et al came back

I see more Rick and better threads on r/Streetwear of all places

Doesn't seem like I'm the only oldfag popping in on this trainwreck.

Remember that guy who copied that fit exactly and someone on sufu called him the human embodiment of comic sans? I wish sufu had stayed at that level of comfy bantz instead of becoming literal cyberbullying. That really killed the last good fashion forum on the net and I think ended up killing Veeky Forums aswell as we just got swamped by all the pussies who got scared away by the doxxing and stuff on sufu.

I never posted on sufu, just trolled on Veeky Forums as it was becoming easier than /mu/ back then.

both /mu/ and Veeky Forums have to be some of the least moderated boards i have ever seen

when the janitor falls asleep on /mu/ it is just chaos

You missed out. Farming dem rep points and having a bit of bantz with the lads while finding sick deals was pretty fun. I was never deep into sufu communities but it was dank waking up to like +40 on your fit.

standards are slipping.

found one more

>Tfw film fag and this is how I feel everytime someone mentions [popular movie] to me
>tfw too autistic to make friends who enjoy art and are capable of understanding it
Maybe in another life I guess

Edgier fashion followers like the goofninjas and techninjas all left the board to avoid the cancerous newfaggotry and Reddit invasion.

Basically the board has become so diluted with shit taste that it's pushed all the veterans out and has created a circle jerking shitposting hellhole of unimaginable proportions.

The Veeky Forums of today lacks any soul, and the only proof you need is to look at the WAYWT. It's just as bad as the WAYW on r/mfa and r/streetwear. You might be able to imagine why that is.

>autistic
>understand aesthetic, emotion, narrative, etc.
Pick one.

that's a pretty good one

I clearly mean i'm not good at making friends and i'm an introvert, not someone who microwaves used nappies and wears them while purring at my mum while she cries then flees to the nearest mcdonalds for a brief respite from my odour and to pick me up some tendies I bought with good boy points I earned by not cumming on her undies for 2 days in a row

i once saw a guy at a party try to take on a bunch of normies over the transformers films

it's too bad you guys can't be friends

I think the only clear point here is that you don't use words so well.

I think the only clear point here is that you think you're hot shit for watching a tarkovsky film once
Meanie!
>tfw no friends like this
I'd be in stitches if I saw that
Did he win?

>Did he win?

at first he was really going off about everything. shia's performance, michael bay, the comedic attempts. but then like 5 other people joined in immediately and were all against him in the argument. so he quickly started to back down because they looked really pissed

i felt bad for him and would have taken his side but he seemed like he was embarrassed and just wanted to get out of there

>Rick, Yoji, & givenchy would have never became popular if it wasn't for this board being the brunt of their fanbase.
I sincerely hope you're joking.

he's either out of his fucking mind autistic or he's simply seeking attention. every post by him in this thread has been mental

>Did he win

Nobody wins when you have to argue why a movie with no plot is bad.

The meme pic copied that guys fit ya dingus, not the other way around

WRONG

jesus those ankles. homeboy should get tested for gout

kek I found the original sufu post
man Veeky Forums and sufu used to be so fun ;___;

And a new face, Jesus fuck man what happened?

You look like you went hormone therapy, regretted it and tried to go back.

I just love it when my fashion boards just refuse to talk fashion, it's all about muted colors and looking sober-ish, the kind of outfits you'd expect when you imagine an old guy carrying a cup of coffee, newspaper under the arm and reading glasses in a pocket, also the cool kids are all about that 90's boxy silhouette

Is it not possible to talk about aesthetics and designers and high level fashion in 1 place?

The problem with Veeky Forums is people are scared to post fits because everyone is a critic.

And they're right to be scared because few of them will be good-looking enough to post anything at all without being torn to shreds.

Lastly, everyone is shitting their pants over this russian designer, Gosha, I guess it's going to be quite a lot to take if you didn't lived the days of nothing but Hedi Simane/SLP 24/7 and super skinny silhouettes

Good luck getting back to fashion faggot, lose weight

kotaku.com/here-is-some-edgy-fashion-inspired-by-Veeky Forums-culture-1794075816

It has not.

No matter how good a vagina feels, skinny feels better or something like that

gosha peaked last year m8
keep up

But wasn't him the last big meme designer? I didn't saw Veeky Forums riding anyones dick this pasts seasons

he was hot for like a month then fizzled out once everyone with a brain figured out he was literally just try hard Russian supreme

people still gush over him though but the people that do are those buying new ozweegos after sleeping on them in 2013 and wearing pink hats and thrasher t shirts

What a shame that's really really lame