Skincare General

Skincare General.

Post everything related to skin care ITT.

Wiki:
Skin care basics: tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Skin-care_Basics
Acne treatment: tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Acne_Treatment

Skinacea Links:
Retinoids: skinacea.com/retinoids/retinoids.html
Sunscreen: skinacea.com/sunscreen/sunscreen.html
Ridding dark eye circles: skinacea.com/how-to/get-rid-of-dark-circles.html

FAQ:
General Guide: hastebin.com/raw/wojuyazibo
Dark circles: pastebin.com/t796eKvr
Soap, pH, irritants, and synthetic detergents: pastebin.com/51yse1NE
Popping pimples: pastebin.com/MufDiSfy
Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation: pastebin.com/GXYPdwMf
Skin tone and diet: hastebin.com/raw/ehesotajaf
Causes of acne: pastebin.com/tudaKWmN

Anything like Sunday Riley thats okay with sensitive skin?

this needs more insight plz

what do you need to know?

God fucking dammit it's so unfair. All my friends have perfect skin and they do NO skin routine. I slave away and still have shit skin. Fuck my genetics.

Does anyone know if Cosrx fixed the pH in their BHAs

I get acne in the winter. I have clean skin when I'm on a holiday with lots of swimming and sun. Yet, I like in England.

Is there any way I can use this knowledge to my advantage during the winter?

currently day 6 on the caveman regimen. i think its working... oilyness kinda reduced.

Same. I got fucked over completely, my GP won't get me a dermatologist appointment (as apparently """""""""it's not that bad""""""")and my skin got even worse when I changed diet to escape the Auschwitz prisoner mode. Fuck my skin and fuck nhs.

This is my skin, never had acne (I don't like cheetos (all that kinds of snacks. I hate soda. Anyways, how much Km should I run per week to lose facial fat?. The only skin product I use is sunscreen sometimes.

pic related is good shit for dry skin

cool. that makes sense from a scientific point of view

if you're interested in losing weight, then see Veeky Forums

how much you need to exercise depends on your daily energy intake.

you cannot target any specific area for fat loss.

Yo boys. Do I have terrible skin or am I just ugly? Send help.

I already know that fool I just want to know how many km, my friend says run 5km 3 days a week

Ugly af brah

how much you need to exercise depends on your daily energy intake.

Don't listen to this faggot You're not ugly at all and you have average skin.
Just smile more

how do i get rid of shitty eye bags

>Just smile more
Fuck.Was that inentional?

whats the best way to fade acne scars?
I don't breakout anymore, and there's no physical blemishes left. Just looking for a way to fade the red pigmentation.

Seems the consensus is to use laser for red PIE.

What's a good moisturizing sunscreen that doesn't have a high spf?
(I live in a colder country, so anything less than 50 spf)

Literally just buy a moisturizer and sunscreen separately.

go to Veeky Forums you sawed off hobbit

Go to a different doctor. Your doctor should be able to prescribe even a retinoid for you to apply to your skin. Can't you see a dermatologist without a referral?

I am going to get Sulwhasoo Concentrated Ginseng Renewing Eye Cream and see if it helps me out - my eyes are starting to show age with some slight bags and wrinkles forming which I'd like to reverse.

It's very expensive but I've heard so many good things about it that it's worth a shot - I just got a bunch of samples off ebay to see if it works first (find genuine sellers).

I don't have bad eye bags though, but it might work for you?

Retinoids, vitamin C serum, or azelaic acid.

can't afford real skincare products, so i've been applying aloe to my face

is this going to help with clearing up acne scars or am i just making my face worse?

Even cheaper ones like Cetaphil, Cerave, or Hada Labo?
If you're poor, first priority is to get a better job.

Daily reminder to USE FUCKING LOTION

Don't lie to the mongrel...

It's bad eugenics.

Did 3 microneedling sessions, hope to see results in 6-12 moths after last one. If necessary, maybe I will do a 4th.

I got the PCS(acne controlling) solution during the sessions.

Does anyone know will rinsing hair with water only regulate the sebum production of the scalp? I on currently experimenting with it and try not too shampoo at all.

I have very pale skin. I don't have pimples/acne anymore, not really, but my skin is pretty red around my cheeks. Suggestions?

what exfoliator do you guys use?
pic related for me, twice a week, seems to work well

I exfoliate and moisturise. I still get dry skin on face. When i workout i start to get spots . What am i doing wrong

>Sunday Riley
The bitch that runs that company is autistic

i feel like i made a big mistake. i noticed some nose hair sticking out so i gave it a trim. but then i went to town in my nose, trimming any hair i can at diff angles. now a month later, i believe my nose hair is growing, irritating my nose. i think the hair nose are sharp. how do i go about this problem?

i use this one but my skin is shit-tier so it may be time to try a new one... what moisturizer do you guys use?? all the ones I've tried seem to make my skin oily and produce whiteheads

I'm on accutane will my skin clear up in the next couple months enough for the girl I'm in love with to want to make out with me

It's the beginning of month 4 and its finally showing signs of remission

going to work at a fried chicken place for some extra money before I go off to college out of country
how do I maintain my skin while working there

Accutane is like a 2 year long treatment. Girls don't really care thaaaat much about acne as long as you are clean everywhere else, smell nice, and have a good attitude.

Good luck. Don't fall in love too much if you're not a couple yet.

i'm a luchador and recently, I have been getting acne, so I think it's due to my mask; I wash it every day, and I use cera ve moisturizer once every two days but all it's doing is slowing growth, not improving my face

at the end of my routine at night I use skinorem (recently started putting moisturizer on after cos my skin gets dry and itchy)

after my morning routine I use stridex.

would it be a bad Idea to trynuse these consecutively at night ? so stridex , wait 30 mins then skinorem then my moisturizer?

Wait I thought it was like 8 months

Also its not about how much they care its about the confidence to ask them to do something.

Like for some reason I had a miracle clear skin week for the few days I hooked up with her like a month ago but then it went back to being bad so I haven't talked to her much since

>tfw freshly shaven after a shower and applied moisturizer

Ahhh such a good feeling

Vitamin C serum (girls use it on their bikini lines to fade out scars from ingrown hairs)

Mah choices: Pauaschoice BHA liquid (chemical) or Kate Somerville's ExfoliKate for (physical, but $$$)

I would offer to go easy on the scrub exfoliation (limit it to once a week if you're super desperate) Do NOT use anything with retinol/retinoids (skin flake city) and double up on the hyaluronic acid (use something like Hydraluron to prep your skin before using an ultra-bland moisturizer, I don't care which one, nothing in a jar ideally. Wash your face with a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil before you do any of these things (and before/after workouts but you're probably already doing that)

I hate moisturizers because 99% of them make me break out in CCs or whiteheads or red spots or some bullshit. I feel your pain. The only ones that seem to work for me are (in price ascending) Nivea Soft, Clinique moisture surge txtended thirst relief, and FAB ultra repair. But I long for the day of a HG brand that I'll use until I die.

it's different for everyone, i was on it for 3 years, some people 6 months, some 8. firstly, try cutting out EVERYTHING that may be affecting your skin from your diet (try sticking only with vegetables, rice, chicken, oats, some fruit) for a while and see how you react.

mine actually came back after i went of accutane, i was kinda done with life at that point thinking there was no cure, it was actually here that i learned the only thing to fix it was diet and it was the only thing that properly worked. as a bonus you'll be a lot healthier in general.

also, if you go on accutane make sure you dont pick at/pop any spots at all, your skin won't be healing as well as normal and it can cause scarring. i'm about to get several radio frequency needle treatments done for that reason.

any recommendations for a daily face moisturizer with spf?

Why not, you know, just buy separate moisturizer and sunscreen?

I kept telling people, eat more vegetables. Shit skin comes from skit diet.

WHY IS MY FACE GO FUCKING GREASY I WASH IT LIKE EVERY 4 HOURS

murad mattifier is the answer. stop washing it so much, that will be making it worse. wash it once in the morning, put on mattifier and wash once at night.

Don't think so. They pretty much just said "it should still work" which is a bit sketch to me

Go for a chemical exfoliant (AHA) as opposed to a scrub
You're possible drying it out and causing overproduction. Try using a thicker moisturizer at night and a lighter one during the day, and blot oil with sheets or brown paper towels if you need to

Dermatologists gave me a routine:

Vitamin a 10mg
Cefuroxime 250
Clindamycin gel
Cetaphil
Galderma whitening Cream for dark spots.
Moisturiser + spf 30

Rate the routine. Also what are some good moisturiser sun blocks, for sensitive skin. Also should i discontinue using bha exfoliation?

Thoughts on Arbone Intelligence Thermal Fusion Hair & Scalp Revitalizer? Top of sides started receding, I'm 20.

Unlikely to help. But who knows.

I don't eat a whole lot of vegetables. My diet is a lot of meat and bread with some fruits mixed in but I'm trying to make up for it by drinking a can of V8 every day. I'm pretty good about limiting sugar intake. I rarely eat sugary snacks and I stay away from soda.

thoughts on Bioderma skin-care products?

I've had some really stubborn acne on my chest for a while now and I shaved it recently to see if that would help out and it did to some degree.

Now I have these red marks on my skin that won't seem to dissipate. They are completely flat and there's no puss/bleeding and they don't seem to be forming scabs.

Any ideas what these are exactly and what I should do about them? Thanks guys

Anyone know how to remove milia?

Hey hey guys.

Could those who have/had oily skin post their routine and products they've had success with? I would greatly appreciate it.

I've been struggling to find products and a routine that I will stick with and sometimes I feel I fall victim to the mistake of applying too many products at once that then irritate my skin more.

Also to clarify, the correct product type order is:

1. Cleanser (usually done in shower with Cetaphil gentle cleanser))
2. Toner (I use Witch Hazel)
3. Exfoliate (I use the red Stridex SA pads)
4. Moisturizer (I use Cerve sensitive skin lotion)

Thanks for any feedback guys

Skincare is crapshoot. Just try it.

Time heal all.

You can try Stridex on clean skin before toner.

Alright thanks, I'll try:

shower cleanser>stridex (wait for it to dry) > Witch hazel (wait for it to dry) > moisturizer

At night I usually but benzoyl peroxide (5%) spot treatment after everything if there's especially bad spots

Anyone have experience with Vitamin E Oil for skin care? I've seen a lot of talk about its benefit but couldn't find any real results. I don't have acne at all, or even many scars. Only small scars I want to remove and thought it would help.

Anyway, I'm going to be doing a regime with it to see if it works and will take pictures for results. Just wanted to ask first in case someone had already tried it

Is taking two showers a day too much? If I go to the gym I definitely shower right after, but even on the days I don't I tend to take a shower about 1-2 hours before sleep and then another one when I wake up.

Is this alright? Thanks guys

It's BS. The reason why people resort to home-dermarolling is because there is no affordable and reliable solution for acne scars.

stop using soap when you shower. shower less frequently/shorter times. Went from acne freak to clear magically. Also don't use shampoo just conditioner unless you get dandruff use some head and shoulders. inb4 puberty 24 and only been about 2 years of clear skin trying everything before accutane. Inb4 smelly, use elbow grease, pun intended

I use this one, my skin doesn't overload with oils for a whole day with this.

Looks like ingrown hairs to me, scrub with a loofah regularly to exfoliate your pores so dead skin and dirt don't block it.

Tretinoin. You can buy this at your local pharmacy.

>vitamin c serum

Does this work on anus? I know having a dark ass is normal but it really bothers me.

cheers

I spoke to my doctor today about my acne, and they told me to take 100mg of Doxycycline Sandoz daily and to rub acne effected areas with Duac. Any of you anons have experiences with these treatments? Its my first GP recommended treatment so I am hopeful for good results.

coconut oil

>Tretinoin. You can buy this at your local pharmacy.
Thought nothing helps with red pigmentation outside of laser.

bump

I have been using clindamycin gel since last November; shit is fucking ultra super mega gega GOAT. Hopeful that you'll witness the same results I did.

I take two a day. The first one is mostly novelty to start the day, and I don't shampoo or use soap on the body except arse and armpits. Everything else is taken care of.

Awesome. Were you using it with anything, such as benzoyl peroxide?

Just be conservative. Skinoren should be milder and pretty much providing similar results to Stridex. Also cheaper.

How do I dry out a pimple?
I have goddamn mt. fuji on my nose and it keeps refilling i have to squeeze -gently and sterilized of course- every 12 hours or so.

Nah. My regimen included it along with a zync oxide mask and an exfiliator called Betagranulos which is unavailable in the US, as far as I know only in Latin America. All else were the staples of a skincare regimen: cleanser (murad for acne), and SPF50 shit.

Doc also suggested not consuming dairy, spicy foods, and junk, processed foods. This advice I adhere to, save for the spicy food because I fucking love salsa. Self made of course.

How do i stop ingrowth on my beard? Whenever I shave i get ingrowth and then hair follicles become pimples

Don't shave completely against the grain. I do a pass through with the grain, and then sort of sideways and I do just fine. Who knows though, ask your derm

is your facial hair really curly like a black person?
get a safety razor and dont pull the skin tight.
you have to sacrifice closeness of shave, so the hair cant get under the skin.

alternatively buy a good beard trimmer with a really close setting
and just keep your shit in +12 hours after shave mode.

I don't shave against at all. My hair is straight

you might be accidentally shaving against if you're getting them on your jawline or neck. for instance the hair under my jaw bone actually grows toward my ear. so when I pull my cheek skin up to swipe that area I go towards my ear with the grain.
I got ingrowns a lot in my teens before I started doing that.

either way ingrowns come from shaving too close for one reason or another. try an astringent too to get rid of any inflammation post shave to attempt to keep the hair away from the pore.

benzoyl peroxide and then a small bandaid on

>spicy foods

strange. there's no evidence for it that I've seen.

A lot of skin care is pretty much broscience.

BHA. Or shave better.

Hydrocolloid patch.

i just discovered burning my nose hairs with a bic.

just hold it away (i have a mustache, so I have to hold my mustache down and away), and then sniff up the flame, and sizzle

That's what butchers do.

>tfw you have eczema
my whole body is covered in hives
fuck you guys I didn't ask for this shit

well, I was just wondering because a Doc had specifically asked him not to eat spicy foods... I wonder what he knows about it...

Can bha be used with other skin care products such as clindamycin and Kojic acid?

It's certainly due to my personal past experiences with food and the reaction I have to them. A personal recommendation, say.

Paula's Choice BHA liquid is fucking god tier

It almsot lasted me for a year and made my skin heaven

>follow regimen
>get clear skin
>still have chubby cheeks

ah well.