---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

usps.com/ship/shipping-restrictions.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=vKOqnN3FLKM
soundcloud.com/trymofficial/trym-not-founded-overdose-original-mix
youtube.com/watch?v=GcuH0onNs-k
articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2017/04/08/toxic-household-products-documentary.aspx?utm_content=buffer3e14f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
youtube.com/watch?v=GLjyJw3CYuE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...

Does anyone know how to mail samples?
I sent my friend a bunch via first class do you think it should be fine?

usps.com/ship/shipping-restrictions.htm

Perfume containing alcohol may not be shipped internationally or mailed domestically using air transportation. Perfume containing alcohol, however, may be shipped within the United States by ground transportation.

if you already sent it, you're good, most people lie to them anyways

haha okay good, because they didnt let me do ground shipping on my little package

Expect a little possible leakage from air pressure differentials but just a drop or two.

I just bought the Dior Homme.

What do you guys think of it?

I'm used to using Bleu de Chanel EDT and Mr. Burberry.

i think it's even more uninspired and lazy than sauvage (i like sauvage a lot), along with mr. burberry so we clearly have differences in taste

lazy, doesn't smell great but more power to ya if you like it

I'm agreeing with your disgust if it really smells like shit

Original Dior Homme with yellow colored juice is actually great. This one is not

I'm not sociable, have no friends with which to go to clubs or pubs with and live in a remote area...
Should I get a night time fragrance? For say when I go to work and have something to wear on weekends out with workmates, or dates/clubbing?

if your work fragrance doesnt work for casual stuff you should do it

I just got Sauvage as a present
What's your objective opinion on this? Apart from that you like it a lot.
Thanks

I hate it, synthetic smelling and gives me a headache.
Plus it will be the next one million and you will smell like every other person around

in the normie world, it's well received.

What does Kenzo pour homme smell like? I can't get any samples of it and I don't wanna blind buy.

youtube.com/watch?v=vKOqnN3FLKM

do you guys actually watch/enjoy Jeremy's videos? Or is he too 'mainstream' and not 'niche' enough?

I like Jeremy, I think he has some pretty good suggestions, I do like a lot of the fragrances he seems to like. Nothing wrong with some more mainstream frags, they're usually popular for a reason, although I do love my niche frags.

Only thing is, I think girls would be giving him compliments even if he smelled like rancid garbage water, so I'd take any claim that X fragrance gets him compliments with a grain of salt.

Also, what is her, exactly? Swedish? German? I'm not really sure.

We dont have the same taste in frags obviously so i dont listen to him but to discover some frags i guess it could be good

whats a house similar to slumberhouse

yeah i don't really buy into the whole 'this fragrance will get you compliments from the ladies!' because if you're seeking out a 'fix' to improve your chances with girls then smelling nice is only half the battle.

Pretty sure he's German.

Yeah, definitely. If you're a fat NEET with no social skills who hangs out on /pol/ all day and thinks all women are whores, dousing yourself in Aventus probably isn't gonna help you any.

I will definitely say, though, that I've had girls that I've fucked who commented on how much they loved how I smelled, though, so it definitely does "enhance" your appeal. You do have to have appeal to enhancement though.

exactly right, i'm only trying to treat fragrance as the 'icing on the cake.'

Just interested, what are your go-to frags?

Creed MI, Creed Royal Water, Amouage Jubilation, Amouage Reflection, Pure Malt, I like Eros sometimes, 24 Gold, I like a couple of the Aqcua di Parma Colonia frags, Tobacco Vanille. Probably a few others I've forgotten.

I actually don't like Aventus much. Doesn't work on my skin. On test strips it smells nice, on my skin, for whatever reason, the fruit and sweetness get completely buried and it just smells like smokey pine cleaner.

Very nice. Yeah I tested Eros and L'Eau D'Issey the other day as I need some more spring/summer oriented frags and I thoroughly enjoyed Eros, less keen on D'Issey. I knew D'Issey was going to be light but the longevity seemed to last slightly below average on me, I don't have much at all to spend so I was considering getting Eros, that way I can wear it clubbing/whatever but also a slightly more formal/nicer spring/summer daytime.

Eros gets a lot of hate, but I like it. It's fresh, masculine, has great performance, and to me, seems a lot more sophisticated than a lot of other cheaper designer frags.

>toilet water
since when did people stop saying Eau de Toilette

Knize Ten is the GOATEST

Any thoughts on Eternity Now? I liked the tester but it seems like it's possibly a fragrance that will divide some opinions?

I like it, though, it is one of those "bubblegummy" frags.

i dont like it. reminds me of the interior of a vintage luxury car. i dont want to smell like a car.

hey, sorry for late reply, im the guy you asked originally

my objective thoughts on it are the same as everyone else's, it's clearly a mass market appealing, easy to wear fragrance that is FAR from anything groundbreaking, let alone interesting. that being said, the bergamot in it off of the top is absolutely beautiful and sparkling and the ambroxan/pepper combo makes a very nice 'manly' scent, in the same vein as abercrombie and fitch fierce but only in the musky manliness aspect. sauvage goes in a classier, elegant direction. on top of all of that, ambroxan is an amazing fixative and sauvage is no slouch in the performance department for a fresh scent, i easily get 10 hours out of it.

i could see why someone wouldn't want to wear it between the 'generic' aspect of it and how many people are wearing it, but i live in the middle of nowhere where axe is the nicest thing people wear so i get a lot of positive attention from it.

Yeah it really does smell like shit, barnyard is the term thrown around a lot to describe ouds like that and if you've ever driven on a country road and inhaled the lovely aroma of cow shit being spread through a field, that's what you get

Is Azzaro Pour Homme a decent evening wear fragrance?

thanks a lot to you friends

Bought YSL La Nuit de L`Homme Le Parfum more than a year ago thanks to a picture on Veeky Forums and it was well recieved. Can be something similiar to that but doesn't have to be.

I am looking for something new but wanna move up the niche ladder because I met 2 or 3 dudes that had the same perfume.

I am 22, fit, male and the price should be around 150€.
Thanks for any suggestions

anyone know of any comme des garçons cologne? currently using j p g

yes

yep

Gonna let you bros on a little secret, I picked this up because I wanted the "safest" scent I could possibly have because I currently work with white people who are offended by scent, fuck the scent free agenda btw, and I have never received this many compliments on a daily basis as this.
On my skin it smells very green and masculine for some reason, I know it's meant for women but idgaf I'm comfortable enough to wear anything I like.

After I finished my contract and went back to the big bustling city I wore it again out of habit and comfort, and holy fuck do women love it. I have 50+ bottles from niche to Sauvage and it's hands down my most conversation starting compliment giver.

I'd recommend testing on your skin with a sample before you commit tho, on two of my friends skin it smells totally different and less green and more iris-y.
Anyone try this shit out?

like ocean breeze and flowery forest

Try JHaG Anyway if you like Not a Perfume. Testers are usually very affordable on the gray market sites.
It's sort of halfway between NaP and Sauvage. Very modern, with deceptively nice performance. Two of my female cousins hassled me for samples after smelling Anyway on me and have made it their daily.

I think I'm more casual and conservative, not like wanting to be noticed or be 'bad boyish' like Sauvage, etc.

I'm like into woody aromatics, if that makes any sense, so that's why I like Bleu de Chanel or Burberry. I heard Dior Homme was in the range of woody thats why I got it.

Sauvage is good though, I can see why people would wear it.

Knize Ten's official soundtrack

soundcloud.com/trymofficial/trym-not-founded-overdose-original-mix

CAN I GET A RECOMMENDATION sirs

i didnt try a whole lot but my favorite is probably Black and also Avignon

most of their frags smell pretty soulless and modern though if you ask me, just like their bottle design

I'm trying to practice financial intelligence and not buy GIT but I really really really want to buy it
I wouldn't even notice the difference in my bank account but it's a matter of principal and that's how I go to that place to begin with.

cdg blackpepper is a modern day masterpiece

yall need to try it

Damn, gonna try that for sure. Thanks for the tip brother man.

Too similar to CdG black. I have wonder wood and I believe that to be sufficient. Although projection is not great at all. Very very weak. Could it be because it's a new bottle? Is the whole spray out a couple ml a meme or nah?

Just got this in the mail, HOLY FUCKING SHIT it's incredible. Anyone recommend anything else from ASQ? Those Saudis know their damn juice.

not similar to black at all, i recommend smelling them again lol

It feels like a formal scent that is versatile enough to work in casual or work situations, sure. I wish I liked anise more, as it is a very well-composed and affordable frag.

>currently using j p g
Ooh that's good. Another good frag is Creed.

How's my collection /fg/?

so many freshies. what's your fav? try expanding out now you got some nice ones in there but the frag world has a lot more to offer

Designer/10

But like the other user said, too many redundant frags

if you live somewhere like florida or los angeles, i disagree with the guys who question the redundancy. generally safe crowd-pleasers, but there's nothing wrong with that. my favorite of the bunch is l'homme. really do love how it smells and am forever debating picking up a little bottle despite its performance issues.

Thanks for the feedback. I definitely prefer fresher smelling fragrances. If I had to choose my favourite would probably be AHS Eau Êxtreme, L'Homme, or Sauvage but I love them all. I like designer frags like these because I think they smell good and people around me think they smell good too. I'm not aiming to be super unique smelling.

Can you recommend some pleasing, wearable niche frags that are in a similar vein to ones that I already have in my collection?

Thanks, and yeah I feel the same way about L'Homme and was on the fence, but luckily I got it as a gift. Probably would've ended up buying it anyway though, it's so nice and I can't wait to use it in the summer.

well you've chosen a few of the more expensive designer frags so yeah you should probably check out memeventus (ignore any haters its extremely good)

I'm looking for a fragrance with a very particular scent, the kind that is in the air before or after rain. Anyone know any like this?

I have sampled Aventus already and yeah I loved it, worth the hype IMO.

expanding on this you should probably check out a few of creed's frags, they're a good 'stepping stone' into the niche world. MI and GIT are both adored by many

Also tried GIT, thought it was interesting but not really for me. Might give MI a go.

did you ask that question last thread? it was answered. you can buy geosmin by itself, or buy something like demeter's dirt or i hate perfume's black march

How do you all feel about solid colognes?
Been looking into them and it seems like a good thing, but I'm not sure about them because of the lack of variety
>pic very much related

i like the idea of them, especially all natural ones. the tactility, the smearing of application, feels like a primitive connection to how scents or salves were applied, for magic, for medicine, for pleasure, warpaint. a more tangible connection to the natural world. essential oils behave similarly, but feel more engineered, sanitized. perfume is lovely, and magical in its own way, but it's vapor, it's air.

anyway, i feel like it's probably the best way to wear something like philosykos with it's realistic green fig leaves.

but what i really had in mind was thinking about juniper ridge with their seasonal, wild-picked ingredients. i really should try their solids this year.

Hookerfag from last thread here. Been wearing MI this whole trip, and the girls all fucking love it. I got girls burying their face in my chest and telling me they loved my scent, I got a bunch of girls asking about what I was wearing, even a few wanted to buy it for themselves.

Give it a go for sure. If it's something you like and works well on you, it will definitely get you a lot of good attention.

>juice
retard detected

just get it if it's your signature scent

where can i order sample here in western Europe? Most of the link posted by OP is exclusively for American or UK.Ordering from there can be pretty expensive desu

what does MI stand for?

youtube.com/watch?v=GcuH0onNs-k it smells like this sounds and looks.
Basically you get a clash of two worlds - floral, green and oceanic, salty. Not a freshie at all, it's an aquatic but it's thick and pretty heavy. It has this wierd rubbery smell. As far as composition goes, i can not think of a more complex and fascinating fragrance except maybe Fahrenheit. It's old school, yet modern. Idk man, you have to smell this. And dont be put of by a first sniff because for me was as pleasing as is intercourse with an elephant, but it turned out to be one of my all time favourite fragrances.

You follow Jeremy Fragrance.

Millesime Imperial

articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2017/04/08/toxic-household-products-documentary.aspx?utm_content=buffer3e14f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

ctrl f fragrance

What do you guys think of D.S. & Durga? Pic related sounds very intriguing to me.

Pls no

a bit fruity and slightly feminine but I sorta like it. Doesn't last though

Thoughts on le labo? I'm wanting to give it a try. What would you recommend trying?

what's safe to use then?

spit

cdg black smells nice as fuck
but i was expecting something blacker

cdg being low test again

Worth to smell like a baller. If I die, I'll at least die smelling fucking fabulous.

Why is lavender a popular fragrance note? I understand why people like it so much

Too cloying to be a spring/summer scent. Maybe it can work in the Spring.

Pretty "basic", but we have the same general tastes. I don't try to be niche either.

>basic

Not enough blue there to be basic.

That one is good. I've gotten a few of their others for free.

Sauvage or Dior Homme Sport ?

Casual spring / summer wear

Dior Hommme Eau is not bad.

Sauvage is all right.

I just stick to Abercrombe & Fitch fierce because it suits me.

What do you guys think of Bleu de Chanel - Parfum or Toilette versions?

Parfum: more formal, mature scent (but can still be worn in pretty much any situation)
Toilette: more projection

Choose. Personally I strongly prefer the eau de parfum.

Sounds like you answered your own question there.

Finally the tinctures arrived! Ordered 10 ml at 3% but they kindly split it into two 5 ml 6% bottles. Time to spend a couple days testing it against the dry down of ROJA.

Anyone try Le Labo detergent? Is it worth it?

yo i didnt see this post either but sauvage is not 'bad boyish' in the slightest, i think you're getting confused with the retarded johnny depp WILDBOIZ marketing.

when i think 'bad' i think leather, smoke, wood, dark brooding shit and sauvage has none of that, it just smells fresh and clean and it's a very close brother of bleu de chanel. i can't stand mr. burberry on the otherhand, that grapefruit note is whack and just smells old, not to mention water trash performance

>$45 for 16 oz of detergent
>16 oz
>$45
>detergent

Interesting that you posted a BoC song because I found out about Kenzo pour Homme after posting this song and asking what fragrance smells most like it:

youtube.com/watch?v=GLjyJw3CYuE

Seems like I have to blind buy after all. I really love evocative and exotic smelling fragrances.