/EDC/

Let's see some pocket autism.

>putting the smallest bill on the outside

It's all tens. No idea why but the last pay envelop only had tens in it.

wtf you don't get direct deposit
get a better job, f.am I'm worried about you

>being paid in any other way than unmarked envelops full of cash
>using a bank account

Why does everyone oon Veeky Forums carry a knife? Should i be carrying a knife? Do normies do this?

I'll be honest with you and give you a non-edgelord answer: it's because it looks cool. My knife fits my aesthetic, it completes an image. Occasionally I will use it to open a package, but other than that it just stays in my pocket. Pretty dumb right? But hey, that's just how it is. To be honest that's also why most people have pistols in their EDC, it looks cool and "tactical" and makes them feel like an operator. Most people posting here live in some safe-ass middle class suburb and will never be in a situation that requires the use of a firearm.

TLDR, it's because it looks cool.

The day you end up in a situation where your knife saves your ass, you'll keep one on you forever

How do i justify carrying a knife when i live in a canadian suburb?

I had something fall of my car and drag on the wheel
I had to cut it off, otherwise I don't know if I would've been able to get home
Now I keep a knife in my car at all times

Here baby
Add a milsurp survival guide and replace the Iliad with Hobbes' Leviathan

>Why does everyone on Veeky Forums carry a knife?
90% of them are neckbeards who fantasize about fending off a criminal to save a damsel in distress

If people are posting phone cases too, here's mine

One of the best I've seen
Good knife taste ;)
Bad sunglasses
Really not a fan of that watch but I like every thing else is neat

Never actually posted one of these its weird to see what I carry around all day laid out makes me want a card holder and money clip

oh shit I had that polo when I was 15 or so
wore it to disneyland with my guy fieri hair

Wow I've wanted that card holder for a while but could never find a suitable money clip but that cartier one is perfect where did you get it?

Was a gift from my girlfriend, but she just got it from Cartier.
I love the card holder but the Saint Laurent embossing is starting to fade

what knife?

Id on headphone.

No you don't need to be carrying a knife.
Almost nobody does unless you're in certain professions that require the use of them.

It's a useful tool. I actually have a blackened out leatherman i take with me everywhere, but I mostly wear acg, stone island and y-3 so a blackened out leatherman doesn't clash with my fits.

>a deck of cards
>EDC
>Every. Day. Carry.
>a deck of cards
Are you a Gambit larper or something?

I've had a Comme Des Garcon wallet for a long time and the patent leather has started to wear and lose its shine. It took a long time to happen but it seems like leather that slides in and out of your pocket is going to do this. I was considering this one also.

My dad always carried a pocket knife and if you're even remotely handy or do anything active then you'll probably use the knife once a week. I use my pocket knife everyday at work though.

>wearing headphones in public with that wire
>2 lighters
>a deck of cards

solid. how are you liking the GR?

I need one for work.
Why thank you. Can't leave the house with a shortwave radio and some fisherman's friends.
Is that music box a Fiio? If so how do you like it? I just lost my x3 or whatever the first one was called and am thinking about getting the latest one.

Is that ricoh 35mm? I have a gr IV that has been mistreated and am looking for a new digi compacted. I am a loser and use an LCA for 35mm

Lionsteel opera with olive wood handle. It's D2 steel which is tough to sharpen but very hard. Mine get's used daily so suit me.

sony mdr 7506 or v6

No it's a digital one. The newer GR, not a GRD. The naming system is pretty stupid. I kind of want a film GR1 also but they're too expensive for a film compact and pretty fragile and unrepairable these days.

I love it, I preordered it right when it was announced so I've had it for like 4 years now and it's gone everywhere with me and it's the perfect pocket camera as far as I'm concerned. It's had some drops and bumps and rainstorms in that time and I've had to open it up to clean the sensor once, but it's been super durable.

>le knife is only for self-defense
this is such a bad meme

>not knowing the ol' lighter-in-the-fist trick

Homers illiad, Nice!

I know it might not be totally related to the thread but does anyone know a site for velcro patches that arent necessarily army related

Yeah their naming system has always thrown me a bit. A really solid, but pricey, 35mm compact is the Contax t2 or 3. They are really awesome with fantastic glass. I had one for a while but sold it on as I love the lameness of the LCA.

thanks

When I've got my backpack on me I don't mind the extra two ounce. It's come in handy plenty of times, nothing like a good game of Egyptian Rat Fuck with the boys
Absolutely no one cares if you're wearing headphones on the train, my guy. I'm not going to stick Apple earpods in my head and enjoy the soothing tones of foil being bent just because it's low profile. The two lighters are goofy, I'll give you that
Yep! It's a Fiio. Best MP3 player I've ever owned
Sony MDR-7506, best price to quality ratio you can get

I love their knives so much, the use great steel and their designs appeal to me much more than most other knife makers. Plus their fixed blades come with beautiful leather sheaths. Pic related, their M4. My next purchase.
Ace. You may have convinced me. Once I have my CIEMs I'll spunk some money at whatever is their latest player is.

the reason i carry a knife is because i live in a canadian suburb, where you from

Because when I see a spergy autist like you trying to cut open a package with keys I laugh.

Elaborate

best

what kinds of packages are you trying to open when you're not at home that necessitate a knife?

Liquid autism

thats a funny name for a suburb, what province?

>dijaspora

Nah, just a bosnaboo

>bosnaboo

bože sačuvaj

that's even worse, what's wrong with you? It's the most meme country after Kosovo.

what's the point of the radio?

W2C Buffalo Hanky?

I just really like it, what can I say. I like all of ex-yu but BiH stirs the soul the most.

Can you tell me the brand of the watch? I always wanted a flieger-style watch but all the decent looking ones are too expensive for me

iPhone 6 not pictured. Also removed the the second clip on the holster because it's more comfortable.

> no one carries a pocket fountain pen

What's wrong with you people?

To listen to...

Bexar Goods
Maratac Large Central Second

>owning a gun
For what? For when you're being robbed?

Are you gonna be able to quick draw over a drawn attacker?

I don't get it. What's its purpose?

>be user
>walking down street
>man with a knife steps from around corner and barks at you to get on the ground and get out your wallet
>"Boy, I sure am glad I have a knife and/or my bare hands on me to defend myself instead of a gun! It'd be quite unfair if I had a gun and this gentleman only had his knife!"

Maybe you aren't being mugged at gunpoint point blank
Maybe your attacker has a "lesser" weapon
Maybe your attacker has made his intentions clear but there's still some distance between you
Maybe you can get behind cover before drawing
Maybe someone else is being attacked

wtf why r u so dumb

Um try again honey, my favorite celebrities have all said guns are bad and shouldn't be owned sooo...

Why don't you just give him your wallet, or are you holding more cash than what a glocks worth?

Also, who the fuck robs people with just a knife? Is that common in America?

the only person who MIGHT be effay in this thread is:

the rest of you should be embarrassed.

>why would someone in a position where they've either chosen or been forced to rob someone make poorly educated and thought-out decisions?
Well hell, you've got me there, user

t. that guy

I'm 30 and live in a large American city. Have never been mugged/robbed. The only time I've witnessed a robbery was at a sporting goods store when three guys came in with guns and stole a bunch more guns. I was buying a fishing license. Most of these people live in a fantasy world. I'd consider owning a gun is if I lived somewhere remote in the mountains or country though.

"durrr what is a hobby??" whats the point in dressing nicely why not just wear whats cheapest and most comfortable?

I live in SF
Last year my coworker was robbed on her way home from cashing a check
A little bit after that my friend was brutally attacked and robbed at a bus stop and had to have his jaw wires shut for three weeks
A few months after that another friend was robbed at knifepoint

I'm happy you live in a safe place but especially in a place like SF/Oakland where robbers know most people aren't carrying, it happens a lot

*wired shut

You live in Florida?

how do you like your xm-18?
ive been thinking about geting one for edc, curentlly have a strider smf, but ive kind of grown to like flippers

>you guys don't understand, i need to carry a gun everyday, it's not safe around here, people get robbed all the time
>wears $2000+ watch

i don't have a problem with gun ownership. but either your everyday carry pics are embarrassing bullshit posturing, or you lack the tiniest bit of common sense.

Swedish citizen living in London

So would you rather he wear an expensive watch without protection or... are you against expensive clothing items in general...?

OI MATE BIN THAT KNIFE

Where I live if anyone gets robbed at knife point it makes national news

If shooting weapons is ur hobby ur a psychopath

fuck,i cant believe people like u exist.. i just want to die...

Why the hell do you carry a facial peel

>Where I live if anyone gets robbed at knife point it makes national news
Wow! Good for you dude! Unfortunately that's not the case where I live :( sad face
Maybe there are some lessons to be learned here. First, you don't know the conditions other people are living in so you should stop dictating to others that they should live as if they had the same living conditions as you, and secondly: I should stop having conversations with completely braindead fucks that can't use their fucking heads for more than three seconds

Seriously, call your parents right own and apologize for being who you are. Thank them for raising you when I'm sure every day they each had their fair share of muderous and suicidal thoughts, in turn.

Damn guys triggered hard

I'm still not seeing a reason to carry a weapon on your hip all day every day. You guys must be more afraid of your environment than a afghan farmer in a dust valley

Only good one ITT

Oh christ, I'm stopping here. I'm pulling the hook out of my mouth and swimming away

Well meme'd, friend

Nope

Great knife especially since you can find them online now for their normal retail. No other knife I've held feels as good in my hand as the XM.

>forcing youself to dress like a pleb so you don't get robbed
Cuck

Its just useful to have. I started carrying one for defense when I was a teenager but now I carry one because it is just so useful. I use my knife at least once a day. Plus it is nice to have peace of mind that you can defend yourself if you need it although you will probably never have to.

An OK knife is not expensive so you might as well carry one.

And some normies do, some don't.

Most americans don't enjoy having their boipucci violated by a pack of feral sand niggers.

Other than my Black One Plus 3 I'm using atm, this is it

Well, not when I have shit to do anyways

>>When you were having premarital sex, I mastered
>>THE BLOCKCHAIN

Fucking kek. Nocoinfags BTFO

>forcing youself to dress like a pleb so you don't get robbed
you're wearing expensive jewelry in areas you're too scared to travel without a firearm, and he's the cuck?

Do you even know what cuck means

You are literally saying he should roll over and let the """economically disadvantaged""" take away his right to wear certain items by force

Does that not ring a bell?

is carrying around a backpack effay? It seems kinda poserish to me.

...what?
It's a fucking backpack

Christ almighty, just how damaging is this site to young minds

>being this cucked

>is carrying around a backpack effay?
Unless you're in school, no.

Calm down, junior.