Why are you "not allowed to wear vans" unless you skate?

Why are you "not allowed to wear vans" unless you skate?
I skate, but why do people start having fits if they see people style vans for aesthetic reasons or if they see people wearing them that don't skate? Is it so they look cool, is it for attention?
For instance if you go on a video about lacing vans in a specific style, you will see tons of people leaving comments like:
>WTF, JUST LACE THEM REALLY TIGHT YOU GAY FAGGOT, IT'S GAY TO LACE THEM FOR STYLE
Do they not realize people enjoy things and wear them because they like how they look, like how they feel etc?
Do people wear chucks for playing basketball only? Of course fucking not. What's the big deal?

I just hate seeing hypebeasts and/or niggers wearing them

no one gives a shit

Retard

>aesthetic reasons
Lol

Whoa, you skate?

I like seeing other people outside of skating wear them. I have huge respect for x wearing them in that fight video. It only annoys me if people put fake wear on their vans when they don't even skate, but that's average posercore.

If you can't wear these if you don't skate, you can't boots if you don't work labor or live in a rural area

Retard

Retard

>It only annoys me if people put fake wear on their vans when they don't even skate

wait people do this?

I have an abundance of vans but my girlfriend works at the vans store in the mall so I get them for half off. So I have a bunch of limited edition stuff from their Nintendo collection and their newer stuff. I don't skate though

>tfw grew up in socal but can't skate, surf, or snowboard

why live

Retard

what the fuck do they need fake wear for, they could just wear them like normal fucking people

>I have huge respect for x wearing them in that fight video.

this is the stupidest thing ive seen today

skaters see it as normies co-opting their culture. they think that it waters down their personal identity as more non-skaters wear it.

skating in vans is garbo

>no insole
>seam where you drag foot to ollie
>rips in literally like 2 weeks of repeated use

Vans have integrated themselves into everyday wear for normal people and that is how they are sold. The pro models are the only ones worth skating in.

You also can't wear stan smiths if you don't play tennis and converse all stars high or jordans if you don't play basketball.

[Dey] shouldn't be allowed to exist desu

Bullshit, they have plenty of great models Walker and Crockett promodels are both great to skate and way durable than something like old skools or eras.

reminder

because people that skate think they are really cool

My country has little to no skater culture so vans means jack shit to me and everybody around me.

They look good, they're above average durability wise, not much more

is this our new meme??? what are some meme pants that i can pair with those and the meme flecktarn parka so i can do a full meme fit???

>they're above average durability wise
No they really aren't. I've owned probably over 20 pairs.

>own some vans slip-ons
>it's not obvious in any way they're vans

this

but starbucks girls and similar need to stop wearing thrasher tbqh

Everyone needs to stop wearing thrasher, unless you actually wrote for that zine or were featured in it

I bought old schools once and will never do it again. If you MUST buy vans - go for pro models, with cushion and better materials.

Otherwise, it's complete garbage brand.

>Why are you "not allowed to wear vans" unless you skate?

no one says this

delete this thread

skaters dont give a fuck

nobody who isnt mentally 9 years old does

if anybody criticizes someone wearing vans but not skating theyre just bad human beings that you should try to not interact with too much

the front is very ugly, a shame really

This is fucking stupid.

they're just basic core now, if I see someone wearing vans I just assume they don't care much about fashion and bought a pair of vans because they like them.

HOW ARE THE VANS FROM OP PIC?
DO THEY GET DIRTY AND LOSE COLOR LIKE THE CLASSIC ONES?
DO THEY LOOK GOOD WITH SKINNY JEANS LIKE PIC RELATED?

I own a pair of these but have managed to lose them. How do you lose a pair of shoes? What the fuck was I doing with my life?

Damn that's a tastefully garish shoe.

Man this is frustrating. Amazing outfit. Good looking dude. Jacket 10/10. And then he goes and wears his girlfriends jeans.

vans are essentially the new "chuck taylors". chucks were originally intended for basketball but people saw how cool they looked and decided to wear them despite not playing basketball. it's the same way for vans because they look cool and remain one of the most comfortable shoes in the business.

>tastefully garish

It's everything I aspire to be.

Oh shoes, where have you gone? Lost in the void of my tiny flat.

i just think they look kind of goofy and overplayed

>I have huge respect for x wearing them in that fight video.

What the fuck do you do to your vans that they wear like that?

Have you tried half cabs?

Why you would want to wear Sk8-His is beyond me. I have a pair, and they're one of the most uncomfortable shoes I've owned.

I probably bought my first pair 10 years ago
I skate in them for the most part
Probably owned like 3 pairs that I used mostly just for walking
They have some models that are bit more durable but the regular vulc sole ones really aren't very durable

>wearing vans for actual skating

you played yourself

they're literally just a fashion brand now, try to use them to skate and they'll rip on the side within a week

skaters are really insecure about the fact that they based their whole identity on a teenage hobby and it makes them really defensive. That said, I imagine lots of metalheads are currently raging about Primark selling pre faded Metallica t shirts and shit. I can understand where it comes from.

I like the board feel, they aren't as durable but the touch to the board is pretty amazing.
And again, they actually have few more durable models, which are really all I have skated the last 4 years or so.

I wish they would tone down that shit on Veeky Forums. It's a fashion board, so if you see Vans, they're probably being discussed for their look rather than skating practicality. It seems like every time there's a picture of a dude wearing old skools or dickies, they get really pissed and rant about how that person clearly doesn't skate.

why are you wearing chelseas when you can't ride horses???

why are you wearing a bomber when you can't fly a plane???

It's pretentious. You're trying to imitate a style of a group you are not particularly associated. Same with pre-ripped jeans and etc.