Hey Veeky Forums what's your opinion of Veeky Forums?

Hey Veeky Forums what's your opinion of Veeky Forums?

Theyre pretty buff

It's essential to be effay.

I'm from Veeky Forums. I wear b-ball shorts and oversized tshirts 90% of the time. I only come here in the hopes that one of these threads will teach me how to sew.

I meant the community

Kek'd

They're just gym bros. I respect them. They have weirdly bad taste in most things. For example, most people on Veeky Forums in general know famous authors, musicians, scientists, and other things like that. However, I find that people posting on Veeky Forums have a 16 year old's sense of what is "cool," as if their tastes never really developed.

They're rude most of the time but other than that I have no problem with them.

Let's give a cease and desist order to anyone making these comics

Veeky Forums >>> Veeky Forums

better notion
better hobby
better memes
better community

They're big guys.

for you

Somehow they're more anal about looks than people here, and this is a fucking fashion board. Constant face r8 threads and jaw training posts, it's worse than what I see in /thinspo/

Insecurity among DYELs who want to be Chad

>tfw no chad Veeky Forums bf

How tight is your boipucci?

In the bottom drawer I find a letter which arrived for the first time twenty- six years ago. A letter written in panic, which continues to breathe when it arrives for the second time.
A house has five windows; through four of them daylight shines clear and still. The fifth window faces a dark sky, thunder and storm. I stand by the fifth window. The letter.
Sometimes a wide abyss separates Tuesday from Wednesday, but twenty-six years may pass in a moment. Time is no straight line. but rather a labyrinth. and if you press yourself against the wall, at the right spot, you can hear the hurrying steps and the voices, you can hear yourself walking past on the other side.
Was that letter ever answered? l don't remember, it was a long time ago. The innumerable thresholds of the sea continued to wander. The heart continued to leap from second to second, like the toad in the wet grass of a night in August.
The unanswered letters gather up above, like cirrostratus clouds foreboding a storm. They dim the rays of the sun. One day l shall reply. One day when I am dead and at last free to collect my thoughts. Or at least so far away from here that l can rediscover myself.

Veeky Forums is a much better community.
Both boards are very insecure in their own ways, but people on Veeky Forums are there for overall self-improvement.
The only thing people on Veeky Forums do to solve their insecurities/self-esteem is dress like pretentious dicks, making them all shells of actual people.

>people posting on Veeky Forums have a 16 year old's sense of what is "cool,"
this

i've never been to Veeky Forums, so my only experience with their community are the people who come here. generally obnoxious, posting chad shit, berating people and constantly offering unsolicited Veeky Forums advice. but it seems like some are well-meaning, which makes them infinitely better than /pol/, who more actively shitpost and bait.

they are generally interested in aesthetics and the human body, which gives us some common ground. but for them it seems more utilitarian, while here it's more about art.

i don't go to Veeky Forums or /pol/ to offer them fashion advice, and wish they'd behave likewise.

then why are you here?

manlet bantz desu

I think it's kind of funny how both boards are always REEEing about how the other will never get laid. When Veeky Forums comes here they always say shit like "no girl wants to fuck a lanklet" and there's always posts in Veeky Forums about how being too muscular looks gross and girls think its nasty.

>You're too skinny and faggy to get laid
>You're too gross and unfashionable

Like, bitch, you're both wrong.

Pretty much this. It's almost worse in /cgl/ too.

>However, I find that people posting on Veeky Forums have a 16 year old's sense of what is "cool," as if their tastes never really developed.

Most of the people on this board look and act like they'll be 16 forever.

Who the hell uses this retarded "/board" syntax?
/subreddit is a reddit thing. On Veeky Forums it's /board/.

Are you stupid?

n-no

There's a thread from a while back that detailed a whole load of sewing shit.

>Veeky Forums is a much better community

>>go to Veeky Forums
"test" threads
threads about trying to get fit for grills
>>first sip of the day threads

yes you are :)

reminder that cgl is literally the Veeky Forums of asia

Veeky Forums is not really a place for beginners though. SS is a fucking meme that will give you huge thighs. Also, either everyone e stats like a mofo or more people are capable of 300+ lb squats than I thought.

Well most of people on Veeky Forums are 16 and so...

If you're doing SS for an otter mode body(I'm assuming, seeing how you're a Veeky Forumsggot), then you're a complete idiot. Literally everyone knows that SS and SL is done to increase STRENGTH. It's in the fucking name. It's used to help build strength, confidence and most importantly form. This is done so that you can properly perform lifts in the gym to get the body you desire. Just because you're a brain dead retard who's got the reading comprehension of a toddler doesn't mean it's a meme.

Lots of white hamplanets on it too

How to /otter/ the right way then?

>Not being strong and fashionable

I am 27 famalam

god i wish jojocore worked in real life

Swim and work on your arms,chest and core while eating at a deficit if you're fat. Put more protein in your diet if you're a skelly.
Make sure you eat nutritious food. No soda, chips, greasy meat, cigarettes, bread etc. Good sleep helps very well. Read the sticky or go to the QTDDTOT for more information.

Cardio and good diet.
Cardio that uses arms like boxing or Rock Climbing are best for me

Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums and /pol/ is the most patrician way to live

>/pol/
go back

Man, I miss the cross posting when Veeky Forums kept triggering /cgl/ with fat hate. Outside of it being useful for actual sewing/garment construction information, that place is a cesspool.

Veeky Forums are our bros for life. Execpt /plg/, those obese retards can fuck right off.

Veeky Forums Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums are the boards to regular if you want a chance at being a renaissance man.

>In proper shape
>Well dressed with your own style
>Well read

My buddy looks like a goblin, but he has his own style, runs everyday, and is one of the most well read people I've ever met. You can fuckin watch women fall for him the second he opens his mouth. Incredible stuff.

oh I forgot /mu/.

>Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, /mu/
You, I like you.

But never forget a true patrician wouldn't be on here at all.

>a true patrician wouldn't be on here at all.
>if you want a chance

People say this kind of thing a lot and it's correct to a certain degree, but this site is still a relatively good starting place. The inherent chaos of conflicting opinions on those boards pretty much force you to either adopt meme lifestyles or cultivate your own tastes and looks (fit being an exception here, they give you the base info and you have to take it from there). /fitlitfamu/ gives a good starting block to find your own shit and hopefully also shows you how to explore your own interests, but I don't think you should stay on them past the intro period. Feel me?

>a true patrician wouldn't be on here at all
where do they go?

The thing about /mu/ is that it doesnt offer much as far as discussion about actually being a musician. If you want to be a renessaince man you're better off soending time you would spend on /mu/ just playing your instrument.

Yeah, I'll concede to most of that. But places being starting blocks can be said for most sites that offer discussion or information about a topic. I just tend to think that you're better off doing something over posting on an image board. Engage more senses, if nothing else.

>I don't think you should stay on them past the intro period
That's a tougher one. While I agree as a generalisation, there's always something new when you come back. Inspo threads change, there are major style shifts that are worth noting, even if they don't impact you. Obviously you'll never develop your own style if all you do is parrot what's being meme'd at the time. But you can always learn something. At the same time, many places are just echo chambers, positive or otherwise. And it can be hard to instinctively know what to ignore and what is genuinely helpful.

Outside. Go to a show, a museum, on a hike, whatever.

Why /mu/?
Most Normie's have generic top 40 tastes. Your music preferences make no difference to them.

>/pol/
fuck off hillbilly redneck

>dress like pretentious dicks
I mostly agree with you, but I hope that you don't mean high fashiom stuff by this.

This isn't about impressing normies, retard, it's about self improvement. Most normies aren't bodybuilders, fashionable, or well read either, but you don't complain about that.

Pretty good. I'm all for people being healthy and looking good. Personally I'm not attracted to the body builder look. I think some of them are misguided in believing that getting fit is going to distract from ugly face/ shortness.

Veeky Forums x Veeky Forums is the board-tan OTP
FUCK /cgl/

>Outside
So /out/ is a patrician tier now?

if you cut out /pol/ and went to Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums or even /mu/ you would instantly be a more interesting person

leaving your basement =/= autist camping

I used to browse Veeky Forums about 2 years ago. I only did so for half a year because I was plateauing on my weight loss. I stopped going because I went below my weight loss goal and I started working plus depression and lack of motivation led me to gain most of it back.
Even though I was a cardio fag a lot of people there seem to want to help. Of course this is a different board but the same site so you can figure how much people would help before it all goes to shit. /fps/ and other autismo stories are great, Veeky Forums definitely as better memes and uses them constantly.
I can see how both boards can agree with aesthetics but I imagine Veeky Forums doesnt like Veeky Forums because of lanklets playing life on easy mode wearing fancy homo clothes while they bust their ass at the gym or Veeky Forums not liking Veeky Forums because of some gorilla wearing an ill fitting graphic tee and neon green basketball shorts with running shoes can seem more appealing. It might just be a jealousy factor on what/who looks better and/or how they feel when they look in the mirror.

Im sure this can bring both boards together. If Veeky Forums knew there was a board with land whales attempting to be "kawaii" then theyd have a fucking field day.

>Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums or even /mu/
those are 3 of the worst boards on the site faggot, you have no idea what you're talking about

all of them are better than /pol/ though lmao

t. cuck

didn't see that coming

>Veeky Forums
Lit is the best board on this site, my man. Seriously, give me one good reason it isn't. Best discussions by a long shot, best memes and humor by a long shot, good motivation for self-improvement

Add /TV/ too and maybe /vr/ idk about that one

Why is /cgl/ so autistic?
I knew people like them but they all grew out of it in middle school
I don't get it
Why are they all fat too?

kek

A lot of people from sluthate and lookism aka incel websites post on fit a lot.

These websites are concerned with male model facial aesthetics and incels complaning that they are genetic trash

The only girls who find muscles gross are ugly average skinny fat girls or alt girls.

Stacy and athletic girls love muscle tho.

SS is a fucking shit routine. I prefer greyskull lp

Plg is full of fucking fatties who fell for the strength meme

who's the sister supposed to represent?

cgl

>I'm not from Veeky Forums
>is from Veeky Forums

Veeky Forums humor threads are god tier tbqh. Most of Veeky Forums take themselves way too seriously

That's the issue I have with this board. Everyone is trying so hard to flex their cool, fashionably apathetic, I-work-in-mysterious-ways-you-will-never-figure-out muscle that is completely stifles any semblance of personality or sense of humor. It's really pathetic.

This is why I've always hated teen idols like Kurt Cobain and Mac DeMarco. They glamorize this horrible insincere template that young people trying to figure themselves out can apply to themselves and coast off of for a few years. You need those years for being yourself, even if yourself is boring of pathetic. That's how you grow

Dumb teenagers

*it completely
*or pathetic

I need to proofread more

Reminder you cannot be a true aesthete without considering the body

>I have a "main" board

link to archive?

I saw this in the catalog. Honestly I'm surprised no one including me saw this or mentioned it cause Im sure you made 3 posts and a thread about this.

Change "Veeky Forums" to any other board on this site and it works lmao moron.

Childhood is maining a board and having loyalty to it

Adulthood is realizing they are all equally shit and you are here forever, so you might as well diversify your interests

Sainthood is staying out of topics that don't interest you and not polluting one board with another's topics and memes.

Godliness is reading other boards without posting on them.

best response in the thread. this is exactly how /fit comes across to me as well.

cgl looks cute

too bad the board tan doesn't always reflect the board's userbase

The cancer invading fa
We need a board purge

i agree with you still it's hard not to get pulled into the Veeky Forums culture which I've found out you can never show to normies.

I almost crashed socially but now that i can keep things separate and be confident in the nerdy things i do like things are going a lot better.

Man, I am never gonna be able to deal with fucking morons who make generalisations like this. You're wrong. Think before you speak. People arent a hivemind. If you cant figure this out then you should fucking neck.

/a/m/tg/ck/o/fit/p/fa/vg/lit masterrace

They're like that cool jock, a big dummy but a good well meaning heart and only knows about sports and gym shit

>look guys i posted the word again
>if we post the word more we might get our own country
>guys hahaha.... g-guys..?

i literally want to murder the faggot that did this

just as cute as /pol/ and /lgbtq/

>tfw no qt nazi bf

/mu/ was never about playing music, but listening to music

Good ressources, as every board, but terrible community full of pretentious autistic neckbeards