Why don't girls dress like this anymore?

Why don't girls dress like this anymore?

because guys don't dress like this

That's a formal attire

they do, but they are all over 500 pounds

But I dress like that every day.
Also I wear a fedora when I step outside.

It was once everyday wear.

Isn't it curious how men "fashion" went under a change through the hipster wave to a somewhat better degree but female clothing still gets more degenerate and bland?

and what changed that habit?

JEWS

But this is what "moderate" muslims dress like, caked with makeup

Counter culture and laziness. Starting around 65 or so.

>ywn dress like this

Don't worry user, feminists are realizing that muh equality and sexual liberation isn't all it was cut out to be so they're bringing it back. Just look at the way the worship Muslim women

>TFW you will never dress like this again

imo baroque was the gayest time there was

It requires pounds of spackle to make a chick look like that. Much like push-up bras, padded bras, leggings and other hideous tricks, when the bitch in your photo takes off her make up mask, she'll be a let down.

well at least they tried back then

you do realize these people (1 percent of the rich) dressed like this for sunday picnic and spent the rest of the week walking around in dirty clothes?

and also they all stank and died from runny shit in their thirties

and the women were hairy and british

But user-kun, women do still dress like that

I love british gals

There's nothing wrong with that shirt?

Like what? Scarf? See it all the time. Shades? See 'em all the time. Bright red lipstick? See it all the time. Where are you, Anatarctica?

it's ugly, that's why-

mfw

cringe

No it wasn't.

Dresses like that aren't widely available for girls to buy. We have to go to vintage stores or dig through tacky prom dresses to even hope to find fits like that. I've been to a couple of parties that had a glamorous theme because I live in an artsy city, but on the whole you need (a) the correct crowd and (b) the dress that isn't even made nowadays.

Also, dresses have changed with the ages, and since more women are fat the dress types have changed to suit the consumer who doesn't want to watch her weight because she's "lol addicted to caramel frappes". Unless you can afford Valentino you're stuck with shit.

>Why don't girls dress like this anymore?
Basically: because it appeals to men, and is designed to appeal to men.

Due to feminism talking a bunch of bullshit about MUH DON'T NEED NO MAN, it's now low-status among women to dress to appeal to/attract men, as this implies you care about men's approval. This is why they all dress in either expensive but insane-looking manrepeller shit like they fell in a $20k dumpster, or wear this really anodyne shit that caters to an entirely feminine, desexed version of "beauty" (this is also why flat bitches are idealized and why eating disorders related to that are on the rise: being thin is unsexual and androgynous, fine-ass hourglass curves again appeal to men so must be dieted away). As you probably realized yourself at this point this is actually super bad for women as well, since it leads to various fucked up behaviors, repression, and even self-harm.

TL;DR: our society is sick on a deep level and letting women work was probably a mistake, for everybody.

>caters to an entirely feminine, desexed version of "beauty"
Clarification: I don't mean it *looks* feminine here, I mean only women share in this ridiculous """ideal""".

>fuck woman :((

Because it's no longer trendy

>fuck woman
Yeah, that's absolutely what I was saying, I didn't comment extensively on how this warped system also harms women or anything, definitely GOAT reading comprehension, 8/8, made me respond

>implying I actually read that wall of text when it was completely wrong from the start

Fuck womans they friend zone me cause I man :(((

I would buy them if they existed, but the most fitted formal dresses you can find aren't in 1950's corset silk built form, they're in princess trash form because that's what the market sells.

My explanation for models is simply that gay men hire women that look like the catamites they like to fuck.
I don't buy this "human clothes hanger" stuff I think that is just a post-hoc explanation from people that don't understand gays.

The "sjw look" I attribute to tertiary students that are victims of rape and molestation that are aggressive enough to become trend-setters for other weak-willed girls that associate with them.

Part that I'm not quite sure how to reconcile is how this has roots in repelling men but many participants also appear to be very promiscuous. Maybe they can do both but the sex has to be on their terms with non-threatening numales?

That man is mid thirties early forties. Do you think you can dress like this being a beardless young sapling ?

I don't think I buy the age thing as much as the lack of masculine characteristics thing.
Would this guy look bad wearing a suit?

depends on how the suit fits

women with a scarf over their head, long dresses and huge sunglasses are what attract all men? really?

>Would this guy look bad wearing a suit?

yes. this guy is really unattractive and a suit won't help.

>being thin is unsexual and androgynous
It wasn't always that way you know, Edwardian era women were very thin.

I didn't think I had to specify that the hypothetical suit would actually fit.

>My explanation for models is simply that gay men hire women that look like the catamites they like to fuck.
But that's wrong, there's a clear and demonstrated connection between women's "liberation" and women's physical ideal for women taking over in how they present themselves, and it's also intuitive.

>Edwardian era women were very thin.
Also wrong, they were slim in the sense of not being a band of fatties, but still had and emphasized curves. In practice it was only a slim waist.
If you're thinking specifically about the flapper trend, that had much less traction than TV-watching derps like to imagine *and* it was based in an idea about a New, Liberated Woman.

Kek

the repel-men-at-all-costs-thing is a fringe, and it's a fad. dw about it. Also, you're so terribly wrong about it being a mistake to "let" women work. Work is life. Work makes people. I'm a girl, I'm studying to be an engineer and I'd bloody kill anyone trying to stop me, lol. I also would love to attract men with my looks, and I believe girls who disapprove of that are the feminists who got feminism wrong, imho.
I wanna be skinny like so many other girls, even though I know a lot of guys prefer women to be chubbier. That isn't rebel against men; it's not even to seek approval from feminists. It's just to impress. Being skinny requires control, and thus exudes it, and that's all there's to it.
When that's said, yeah, the fifties IS a particularly bad fashion era, and probably will remain so. I hope it remains so, because it's a hell of a lot of effort to do the hair like that, to keep the lipstick, to wear heels, and to have your waist forced that small (which 99% of all women will have to if they need to keep them curves at the same time). The ol' Chanel wouldn't be too bad, though...

Not that sort of suit, strictly professional

"formal" is what you would wear at a top-tier social event, like tails or a tux.

That suit was standard everyday business wear for anyone doing desk work.

wtf majority of women's fashion is literally almost a decade ahead of men's

Isnt this just lingerie?!

Fatty detected

Prove me wrong

what a retarded thread, you can say the same for men's fashion, why wont men wear tailored waistcoats and stockings that highlight their masculine musculature anymore, why is wearing anything other than t-shirts and cargo shorts considered a display of faggotry?

mashallah

Can someone fill me in on why this haircut is a trend for women now?

Walking around Melb CBD and half the girls have their shit fucked up like pic related.

Shows off our eyebrows

Truly horrendous. It looks like she was given a haircut with a pair of kitchen scissors by her fat drunk lesbian roomates at 3 am. Please don't ever post this picture again.

Fat chicks do sometimes. They go for the retarded pin up style and then date fat guys with beards and tattoos.

faggot detected

prove me... right ;;;;;;)))))))

>This is why they all dress in either expensive but insane-looking manrepeller shit like they fell in a $20k dumpster, or wear this really anodyne shit that caters to an entirely feminine, desexed version of "beauty" (this is also why flat bitches are idealized and why eating disorders related to that are on the rise: being thin is unsexual and androgynous, fine-ass hourglass curves again appeal to men so must be dieted away)
The biggest feminists are the ones embracing curves/fat, not the ones starving themselves. You seem to be contorting all manner of people and behaviour to fit into this grand unifying theory to explain, ultimately, why your beautiful penis hangs dusty and wilted, and have invented a fantasy of how you would have plowed through grand fields of pussy during the baby boom. Sorry you missed out. If you want to know why you're alone, stop looking at the past and start looking in the mirror.

>Implying American women weren't hairy then

girls dont like putting effort into their appearance anymore , havent you realized that? they realize that they have pussy privilege, so it doesnt matter what they wear. thats why they go out in public looking like complete shit, wearing old pajama bottoms, t shirt and slippers. it doesnt matter.