/Westcore/

Fashion inspired by the old west, that doesn't look too out of place today. Dumping what I have.

This would be out of place in a modern setting, but now I'm trying to capture more the look and feel of the old west in this thread, as well.

DOUBLE
R
L

Bumping

watch two lane blacktop

i appreciate you starting a thread with a point of view and actually following up with images.

that said, this is a difficult look at the moment. a lot of this inspo crosses over into americana/heritage/workwear, which is a trend that's finally on the wane after about a decade of growth (though it seems like japan will keep it alive forever regardless). in a way it's never gone out of style, but there is a backlash against the neo-folksy mumfordy anachronistic and affectation-heavy fits, as well as the "guy who has spent his entire life indoors in front of a computer wearing work boots, selvedge, chambray work shirt and a chore coat."

appropriation of western style and motifs have a long history, and there's no shortage of cityfolk dressing like cowboys (pic related is a parody of the type).

so for me the trick would be figuring out what one can currently explore without entering into costumery, looking fake, looking tryhard. it seems like rockabilly had an interesting mix, at least in its early years and during it's revival in the 80s; more recent interpretations are largely silly cliches that are more template than fashion.

i like the idea of avoiding denim altogether like this guy , and maybe avoiding boots completely as well.

this photo makes me wretch

not looking like this guy would be a personal goal

bump

I feel like you could go full Butch and Sundance (minus the gunbelts) and pull it off.

Of course it helps if you look like Newman and Redford.