Anyone fuck with Muji? Got one opening up around me (Canada)

Anyone fuck with Muji? Got one opening up around me (Canada)

Do all of them stock clothing? Any comparisons with Uniqlo?

On par with Uniqlo I'd say. Have a hoodie and it's well built reasonably priced as well.

the appeal of muji is their sustainable practice and bare essentials appeal to design and aesthetic. nothing muji makes is all that special and thats the point

I've read they have boxy fits on most items

>Canada
Where at? Too lazy to google right now

GTA, this one's at Markville Mall

Can you tell me why the fobs in Markham are so extra. I was at the new theater in "downtown" Markham and I've never seen so much off-white, yeezys, and ysl bags in the same vicinity.

Prob kids of oligarchs that were smart enough to get out of Worst China

I can see the theatre and a bunch of other shit from my place. There's this chink supermarket that's across the 407 and going by it I see Hummers and sportscars but the place is a fucking mess inside. This isn't an fa place to live

its a more upscale uniqlo
super basic though but nice stuff

I like their stationery, especially their pens. Their notebooks also have nice paper. I wouldn't buy their clothes though. The markup compared to Japan is pretty annoying. My Japanese friend said Muji is considered to be like Target there.

quality of the clothing is pretty shit for the price OP. I'm asian and don't think the style there is worth. Muji is just good for pens, notebook, envelopes, their design award winning cd player and the aroma shit.

eh boring stuffs mostly, quality for basics are a tad higher than uniqlo. flannels and tees are amazing, but fit boxy and short

doing a problem set with these rn

i've never worn their clothes before, I generally like the aesthetic though

their stores are also soooo much nicer to shop at than uniqlo

I have one of their vaporizers. It's amazing. I lie in bed and watch the trial of mesmerizing vapor as it makes my room smell like cedar wood.

I have a soft spot for Markham cause there's lots of good food places I like, but yeah overall it's a bit much. So many tacky people. Way more worse places in the GTA tho

I'd rather deal with the fobs than guido trash (Woodbridge/Maple), jews in Thornhill...and if I lived in Brampton I'd probably kill myself

Underwear is good (at least for men).
I have one of their shirts that's not great, but better than Uniqlo.

Forgot to say: their notepads are 5/5.

atleast you dont live in scarborough

>tfw Thornhill

I'll never own a house in this area because of da joos and oligarch asians. My area specifically is pretty split between Chinese, Korean, and Persian so its not too terrible.

My gf lives in Scarborough and I was totally under the impression that it was full of blacks? She says that everyone there is Chinese.

I really fucking love their homeware shit. The one near me doesn't stock clothes for men, but the female linen stuff looks quite nice.

I was thinking about this last night, actually.

I don't love Muji, because you can't love something like Muji, but I really, really like it. Muji is the closest industrial capitalism has come to fulfilling its basic human promise.

More than anything else I can think of, it embodies the virtues of mass, "democratized" design, production, and consumption. Everything is as right as it can be, n.b. not "perfect," right. Improved to the point of diminishing returns under current conditions, supplied *nice*ness for people's lives under current conditions. No branding, no ostentation, no pretensions to luxury or exoticism or anything but being a bare object, no mushy story about how it will do x and y and change your life and make you better.

Because there are some things that do that, really, and those are the perfect things, the things we can love. But too many things claim and pretend to be like that, make false claims on our lives, colonize them and extract our cash.

Muji doesn't. It has no story. All everything it makes is is simple, nice, quietly, unemotionally beautiful, practical, useful, a slight perk up for your life quality, and plain, blank, meaningless. That's the real democracy of it, the meaninglessness. You decide what it means; it means what you use it for. How you plug it in to your life as it is.

That's Muji: you spend an easy amount of money, receive an object, plug it in to your life, receive a tiny dose of beauty and niceness, and put on that blank little plastic screen everything your life is. The $30 towel is your lover coming out of the shower in it, the $4.95 incense is the way you've made the room smell for them, the $2.00 canvas bag is the fruits, tomatoes, and oil you picked up for your meal together and carried it home in, the $20 pillow is their head as they flop down on to the bed, picking a strawberry out of the bag from its place on the $88 side table.

fuck off pathetic cancuck

T. J Peterman

their organic cotton flannels are thicker and nicer than uniqlo's for the same price, plus boxier in proportion if you like that sort of thing.

the sizing is like 2 sizes too small though, had to get an XXL (usually get M to L for oversized fits)

Feel like I've read this somewhere

Muji is pretty shit in China. It's like getting everything subtle but useless together. And its bad marketing strategies are driving people away...

Don't really like the idea of getting my clothes in the same place I get my pens and notebooks. But their outwear is great, and their loose fits makes it functional with variety.