Are Vans a piece of classic Americana?

Are Vans a piece of classic Americana?

Are Vans the Red Wing of sneakers?

I don't know, are you a fuckin' faggot?

>Are Vans a piece of classic Americana?
In California, yeah. In the rest of the country, the sneaker of record and most iconic is still probably All-Stars. Keds were probably the leader back in the day, and if steered the right direction might be able to leverage their heritage to become cool/iconic again (they tried by using T.Swift, but I'm not sure it helped much). But it's a crowded field now, isn't it. 70s Nike running shoes are classic Americana now.

They're a good casual shoe but not really a fashion statement

I've been wearing vans for like 12 years now, probably will always own a pair even into old age

But they aren't Veeky Forums

>I've been wearing vans for like 12 years now, probably will always own a pair even into old age
That's not effay at all my man. Pretty sad at this point in your life to be wearing vans

w2c that motorcycle

wtf are keds

Impossible to not have one pair of beaters in your wardrobe if you have a life dude

You'll understand when you get friends one day

I have beaters. They're just not child tier shoes.

what you wearing?

Those shoes ooze maturity

Yikes

Why am I screenshoting Wikipedia for u

They could use a rebrand. Actually like the thinner sole a lot more than vans. That shitty logo tho

looks a bit like a ducati scambler

I can't be the only one who thinks a pair of really old stained shoes like that with what is essentially a patina looks cool and like a fashion statement if combined with the right other clothing. Those shoes have been places and they show it.

Ofc you're not the only one, they sell pre distressed/aged sneakers and we have threads here trying to achieve the same

He was saying they're more befitting an adult than vans which is debatable.

Just get some vans dude. Those look awful

Honestly I think Vans look nice, and they're comfy. Don't understand the random hate for them on this board.

>flat soles with no arch support
>comfy

I'd rather wear nikes every day of the fucking week.

Vans and chucks are shit tier

Nah they are great
The thing is, something higher quality will look way better when used and distressed, it's mainly a leather thing. But get a sneaker with really good quality white leather and clean and take good care of them and they will look magnificent with age.
Even if you don't like the shoe itself, I feel like lot of white/pearl rick ramones really show how great worn white leather can look

You mean if they weren't moon boots?

Vans for West coast. Keds for East coast. Chucks for the Midwest. Moccs for the Southwest. Nothing for the South because they could never afford shoes on account of being dirt poor.

>Even if you don't like the shoe itself
Does reading strings of text longer than 10 words cause troubles to you?

ive been waiting for many years for k-swiss to catch fire again and become fashionable once again. i remember in grade school up to 8th grade or so, they were considered the coolest all-white prep tennis shoe out there.

>trying to use "even if you don't like" as a defense
lol

Ha! You penniless fucking tramp. You diss Vans then post a pic of those absolute monstrosities.
Pro tip, hotshot: Have a bath, the. Go and get a fucking job.

>Are Vans the Red Wing of sneakers?

No, Vans are actually made well