Post effay cities

Post effay cities

Was it worth it

first post best post
this thread has fuck all to do with fashion to be honest, we need more heroes like that user to shitpost these kinda threads to oblivion

Mexico is a nice place

ive never been there before

Do you live in Pittsburgh?
I've been thinking of going to a college htere, but I'm not too sure about it.
Plus I'd have to attend a rural campus for a year before I could transfer

Always remember to disregard opinions about Detroit from people who only come here on a Sunday night to see a football game.

most effay cities in the developped world tend to be pre-ultra gentrification and post-fullblown-ghetto.
Needs lots of people for social life.
Bonus points for experimental in their system of governance/politics

You want that sweet spot where a city is starting to pick up steam after a long era of crime unemployment/war/crisis/political trouble or demographic collapse/shift.

In europe, Berlin has been killing it since the 90s but people are starting to slowly get squeezed out through gentrification. Might stay effay for 15-25 years before it becomes a disneyland for the rich.

Post olympic games Vancouver was so hot too.
I'm sort of paying attention to athens because it has all the elements of a future bustling hub of creativity.

The euro crisis completely eroded the social contract, full blown political crisis, angry youths, immigration problems, might get out of the eu, raging unemployment etc..

When the country fixes its problems maybe 5, 10 or 30 years from now all the conditions will be there...

-new political order
-possibly new education system/public services/infrastructres
-re-examination of
-new tax regimen
-possible democratic shift
-generation raised under the shade of the 08 crisis, therefore extremely politically engaged and militant
-quest for a new identity to erase past humiliation

Athens might be so fucking hot in the unforeseen future. Just watch it happen.

The most effay city for the most effay race

L E E D S
it's got 90,000 students it's bound to be effay

Don't exist

prague isnt as good as budapest tbqh

B R I G H T O N

what was it a pic of

all of these pics are pretty but they are all sleepy european towns filled with an aging population. Maybe if fucking Euros would have kids then their beautiful cities will be effay, but as it stands the only truly fashionable cities with both lifestyle and aesthetics are london paris tokyo new york milan chicago berlin and other big cities like that

>europeans aren't having kids so their cities are boring
>talks about tokyo as a counter example
lmao

Buenos Aieres
Montevideo
Santiago De Chile
Developed world cities are not effay compared to these.

true but tokyo is probably the place where you'll find the most young people in Japan and that's why its still fashionable

you find a lot of young people in all the cities posted so far man, it's a similar situation in europe as in japan. Overall the birth rate is dropping but there are still tons of young people in the cities

Buenos Aires is 10x more fa than either of those 2 other choices. It's basically the Paris/Barcelona of South America, but is not overrun by shitty tourists (there are a shit ton of Brasileiros that come tho). Bs.As is easily one of my favourite cities I've ever been to. It has so much culture, architecture, good food, and dope thrifting spots. And thankfully it's relatively affordable compared to other cities of its caliber. It was a shame I could only stay there for 3 months, but I would consider moving there permanently in the future.
Montevideo is definitely nicer than Santiago tho, but Montevideo is a bit too small for my preference. Santiago is just a big city and its pretty polluted.

Not op, but i think he was trying to refer to the fact that Tokyo is the biggest hub for all youth culture in Japan. And it's undoubtedly the same for contemporary japanese design/clothing/art in as well.

I would say Helsinki is up there for Veeky Forums cities. I was born there and I loved living there, but after travelling around the world I def began to despise several aspects of the city. Yea helsinki has awesome architecture and everythign, but it's pretty small, sleepy and expensive af. I think I prefer Stockholm since its a bit bigger and more pedestrian oriented. Also Finnish culture kinda sucks, but its heaven for all the introverts of the world

I agree with you for sure. Buenos Aires is the best out of the 3 i named. Montevideo is too small, and the reason it makes the least is because it is in a way a smaller version of BA. Santiago is pretty shit, but it is probably the 3rd best latin america can offer after BA and Monte

how effay is boston, going there for college?

Boston is def effay

Was born in Helsinki and live in Helsinki. Best city where i've ever been.

stadi pojut

U gotta agree tho that helsinki can be pretty dull/boring during winter. Summer's are incredible there tho.

real niggas only

anyone despise modern skyscrapers/big buildings as much as I? they're literally just cool buildings made for the sake of being cool. other than some mathematics involved in the architecture it's quite effortless, and even that doesn't necessarily ring true given that they're all just rectangles made out of glass and metal.

B E R L I N

u realize building high rises has significant advantages in terms of maximizing the utility of space. They are not just "cool" for "cool" sake.

Take HK for example, the whole city is just skyscrapers since it is the optimal usage of space.

Same with Tokyo, but they are actually more efficient with the way the city was organized post-ww2. Many the major bridges/highways have artificial (some natural) rivers/lakes underneath that help maintain good air quality. Also tokyo has a lot of parks which serve a similar purpose.

Cities like tokyo and HK are the way of the future.
They're much more environmental friendly, sustainable, and more efficient (in terms of commuting, working, trade etc.) North American suburbs have it all wrong imo. Suburbs are not sustainable for their use of space and the promote consequent reliance on cars for commuting. In a big city commuting is not a problem (if a good transit network is in place), cars are a burden if anything cause public transit is faster and cheaper

Budapest

csak sok a csicska

san bernardino and the inland empire is hell on earth

doesn't that worry you? if we're just going in the direction of efficiency, then what is the use of art? why do I need nice clothing(in any style, really) when I can just drape rags over myself and walk about?

living w/o a car in a city suited for active (or pedestrian) lifestyles. What's not to love? City is more appealing to me than trying to scrape up enough money to pay mortgage on a 1990s suburbia house and commuting to work for 2h every morning. I bring up mortgage cause in most big cities (e.g. tokyo) somehting like 70-80% of the ppl rent their apartments.

In terms of what is the purpose of art, that's entirely subjectively defined. However, i think good/true art can exist anywhere regardless of city/population size etc.

I guess the purpsoe of clothing for me personally is that it's an extension of my personality/values. I dress super minimally and thrift 80% of all clothes (not including shoes). dressing minimal to me reflects my personal idea that utility/comfort > brand/price. With the same token tho, I am ok with paying $300 for a good quality coat or $500 for a good suit simply cause of their utility. Some things just don't go ever go out of fashion and paying a hefty penny for something that lasts for ages is justified imo.

Disgusting shithole
Not effay at all

Fuck what was that pic

people exaggerate how bad it is, it's actually fine in corona, riverside near UCR and most of moval

it's a meme to hate the IE

meme club

this. The skyscrapers of old like the woolworth building in New York are what are actually Veeky Forums

Alabaster cities, not faceless glass structures

the buildings can be rectangular and still maintain some level of art instead of being one in a series of a million glass boxes

>hell on earth
shut your dumbass up, you don't know hell.

this user got a good point

that's why montreal is great right now, the language laws keep it in a state of arrested development

Which city is this

Not him but I'd say skyscrapers are a work of art in their own right.
I think it's more about perception but I can agree that they might seem sterile and lifeless but I personally find that part of the appeal. Cold glass monoliths that stick out of the sky like corporate castles.

I was born in chino and I have family in rancho cucamonga and yucaipa. You're right that downtown riverside is alright, and I've met some cool people from riverside. The rest of the IE is a dusty, sprawling suburban nightmare. My experience is biased though, my IE family embodies all of the worst 909er stereotypes (big white chevrolet suburban, doublewide trailer, love harley davidson stuff but don't ride motorcycles, looney toons stickers on the car, name their kids after disney stars, idea of fancy vacation is morongo, obligatory monster/famous stars and stripes shirts and hats)

yeah that's called globalism and it's ruining the uniqueness of cities around the world.

Wroclaw. The most effay city in Poland

Vienna represent

>effay city
>poland

kill urself

yeah I think there are some effay cities in Poland, u mad?

>students
>effay

P Y O N G Y A N G
please drumpf do not destroy it ;_;

Poland and other eastern european countries are effay as fuck because of tower blocks they have, which I love

Commies out, this is a Veeky Forumsscist board.

most of this blocks are boring crap, but some of them are pretty nice architecture.

Helsinki and Finland in general are the opposite of Veeky Forums. Anything other than the city centre is basically a shitty suburb, people dress in drab colours and sweatpants year round unless it's candy coloured neon leggings and running shoes, if you dress even a little bit out of the ordinary you get gawped at, thrift culture is shit, not a bushel of grass in sight 9 months of the year and for the short 3 month period when you actually CAN wear short sleeves and normal clothes you're in your summer cottage where everyone wears jeans and galoshes and swims naked anyway.

Also everyone has assburgers, every fucking one.

youtuber's home city

belgrade and kyiv are good candidates as well. i want to say moscow too but that's kind of happening now.

personally i believe most western cities are bleeding out due to gentrification and mass-tourism. smaller cities like
are really nice but are kind of lacking as of now as people still flock to the major cities.

>Cucktown

and gay central too

Berlin is fun and has an interesting art/design scene but the average Berliner doesn't dress well

Not the same person, but efficient use of space means that more people can live in a city and participate in developing its culture. It makes rent prices (in general) less expensive and makes it possible for a nightlife and community to develop. When more people live in a city, there's more incentive for good grocery stores and restaurants and gyms and stores to be there, instead of in the suburbs. If space isn't limited, small businesses can thrive better.

I like the boring blocks of former communist countries. They look really stark against the sky.

sok a cigány ha nem lennének akkor fasza lenne ja meg a gecis kutyaszar se fasza

Still the best city in Finland

t. 00500 Helsinki

London

I admit to having an appeal of going to Detroit. Just the thought of being part of a city that might rise one day. But I also don't want to get shot.

going there next week, what should i see?

shitloads of muslims

that entirely depends on your interests.

i concur with most of what you say. Are you from Helsinki as well? I dont live there anymore, but I can confirm that Finnish culture in itself is very un-effay. The thing i miss least about finland is the people and general culture of social incompetence that u mentioned

However, aesthetically speaking downtown Helsinki and certain neighbourhoods are pretty interesting imo. I'd say the younger ppl are pretty fashion forward (especially those in dt), but you definitely would get weird looks if u were to dress head-to-toe rick owens in the suburbs.

Idk if i agree about ur point on thrifting, maybe its cause my physical shape (184cm + super skinny) allows me to buy various things from either female/male sections. It is not as good for thrifting as London or Tokyo tho thats for certain.

your point about the culture/fashion of the suburbs is so fucking true tho. I lived dt for 10yrs before moving to the suburbs and generally speaking the suburb ppl are far worse dressed than most city ppl (but that applies to pretty much every place on earth from my experience).

best city in finland doesn't say too much really...

if u dont know how to speak the language u could never fully assimilate

especially considering how the country in general hasn't been doing too well in terms of economy/politics (e.g. timo "kyrpä kalle" soini). Also the population has been increasing at smaller rates ever since the 80s cuz finns are moving abroad

not necessarily, depends on which cities u want to use as examples.

Cities to counter that point could be Buenos Aires, Brasilia, Copenhagen, Stockholm, or Tokyo which are all large metropolitan cities but still retain their cultural heritage/identity

Sage thread

take a walk in the inner district and ringstraße at night, it's amazing

for clothing go to 7th district there's a lot of vintage and some designer stores

vancouver is a boring ugly dump thats 2 feet wide

i wanna live in stockholm or copenhagen

Been to lisbon and that city is Effay as fuck, especially because how decadent it is.

Is Florence effay?
Moving there for a few years from September.

madras, india
or toronto

>toronto

i hope you're joking

>india

o ok

>Leeds
>Good in anyway

fuck right off, mate

city is ok, slightly shit, but not the worst
the quality of your education will vary significantly depending on school and department

Bonus points if you know where this is

belgrade or sarajevo ?

memphis
and no

Sarajevo out of the two

This

What are some effay US cities/towns that are friendly to a trump supporter/republican ?

not new york.

Yeah i know, but what is the MOST effay but also the MOST friendly to a republican ?

doesn't matter, I'm jealous af, have fun user

>effay
>trump supporter

choose one

inb4 "le hipster leftist SJW" strawman

Charleston maybe? or any mid-large city on the southern portion of the east coast. not really many Veeky Forums republican cities since major cities are predominantly liberal

well, you already used the trump supporter strawman to be fair

I live in Manhattan as a Trump supporter. I have right-wing friends, there are a lot of people in this city. However prepare to see a lot of pro-pisslam and "resist" posters in the windows of restaurants owned by cucks

Germantown confirmed for the comfiest place on the planet