Teeth

What does Veeky Forums use for their teeth?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HkdgyXHEboE
orawellness.com/is-baking-soda-safe-to-brush-with/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

hummer for that gorillazcore

ice water, it freezes all the germs so you don't have to go through the hassle of brushing once a day

a toothbrush

this, though I use toothpaste with the brush
dog bless science

Baking soda

doc says im at risk of gingivitis from smoking so i brush with toothpaste, use a tongue scraper, floss, and use antibacterial mouthwash. feels amazing.

1. CariFree CTX4

It uses nano-hydroxyapatite, which is more biosimilar to enamel than sodium-fluoride, and has superior remineralization qualities

2. I practice intermittent fasting - I only eat one meal in the evening, and I brush in the morning + after dinner, so that my teeth are exposed to minimal amounts of fermentable carbohydrates that cause decay

3. I avoid added sugar, drinking only water/black coffee, and I swish with water after eating anything acidic

4. I stay hydrated and avoid having dry mouth

5. Calcium + magnesium + zinc supplements to improve levels of minerals in saliva that naturally aid mineralization

6. Waterpik instead of floss, it's easier and actually cleans better anyway

I went to the dentist for the first time in 7 years a few days ago, and he was pretty surprised at how not-fucked-up my teeth were.

Had braces when I was 17 till 18½
I am so fucking glad I did this

plaque builds up between your teeth and gums regardless of all that practice.

Only a dentist can remove them

I HAVE PERFECT TEETH AND GUMS

get enough calcium and vitamin D and you'll never get another cavity (like from milk)

brush gently with a dense brush with medium-soft bristles. To get any idea how hard you should brush, try brushing with just your ring and thumb fingers. You should only brush hard enough to just barely turn your gums white, any harder is too hard.

It's important not to brush hard so that your gumline or teeth don't wear out.

never brush within 30 minutes after a meal, brush when your mouth has no food in it because the acid produced will make teeth sensitive and brushing will wear them away.

Keep your mouth closed, let saliva flow. Open mouth = dry mouth = more germs, cavities, bad breath, gum recession.

Massage HIGH on the gumline, not at the gumline but HIGH UP on it. This raises blood circulation, if you have gum recession, after a long long time they'll reattach and regrow - they at least won't get worse if you brush them, brush them gently, brush them patiently, and don't let acids stay in your mouth for long

While you eat, make sure to sip water around occasionally to rinse off the germs/acid that are forming during eating.

Brush at least once a day

There's a sugar called xylitol that germs can't digest, it seems to kill them.

Advanced: I don't use toothpaste, I use NATURAL soap (oil based, NOT ONE WITH ANY WEIRD INGREDIENTS). This kind of soap could kill insects, definitely kills germs, yet it's safer than fluoride toothpaste. you get used to the taste.

It's easier than it sounds, I only brush once or maybe twice a day, brushing takes 20 minutes max but actually takes less time if youre patient and focused..

i let them rot out of my head because im not a nerd preening manlet

A hammer

>plaque builds up between your teeth and gums regardless of all that practice.

For plaque to build up between your teeth and gums, you need to have carbohydrates that bacteria can ferment, and you need those to remain in those spaces. If you ate through a feeding tube into your stomach and didn't put any food into your mouth, you wouldn't get any plaque regardless of how often you see the dentist.

And yes, it's quite hard to avoid *all* plaque, however if you minimize the amount of time that food is in your mouth, stick to foods that are less easy to ferment (i.e., no sugar), and clean your mouth thoroughly (e.g., using a high pressure waterpik), stay in good health (especially avoiding nutritional and vitamin D deficiencies), and don't smoke, you can minimize the amount of build-up between dentist visits.

Really, this is all stuff you should aim for regardless of how often you visit the dentist, but it's especially important if you don't go often, or if you just want really nice teeth in general.

electric toothbrush and floss every day

everything else is stupid bro science

i have yellow teeth :(

Freezing cold water every morning and before I go to bed. It freezes and kills the germs + cleans teeth + has no fluoride and estrogen.

Will Try them out, thanks my man

Very good. Will try it.

my canine teeth are yellow and I'm not sure what to do about it
everything else is white

CEASE AND DESIST

Dentalfag here, basically and have the right idea

>eat less to avoid acidity within the mouth to drop below 5.5 (at which demineralization occurs)
>stay hydrated and chew gum to allow better salivary circulation (which acts as a buffer and keeps the oral acidity in check)
>do not forget to use floss and/or interdental brushes (are somewhat better for cleaning the spaces between your teeth, if you can fit them in) at least once a day (pref. before bed)
>do not brush your teeth straight after eating, rinse well with water and wait at least 30 minutes
>bonus - do not forget to brush your tongue with a tongue scraper, its often the main reason for bad breath/halitosis (use a tongue scraper or cut an oval shape from a plastic bottle)
>buy an electric toothbrush (with a charger, not batteries, with a builtin 2 minute timer) if you cant be fucked to use a normal brush correctly

I can redpill on most dental-related subjects, feel free to ask away

How true/false is remineralization?

>I can redpill on most dental-related subjects

How often is it really necessary to get wisdom teeth pulled?

I have terrible gum recession on certain small area. How do I fix? Do I have to stop smoking?

Ever hear of coconut oil "pulling"? It feels good but what is its efficacy?

It will only help if you cavities which are within the enamel layer (pic related). In this case if your oral hygiene is good the enamel can re-mineralize and become so called arrested/sleeping caries.
If it has reached the dentin (inner) layer, you pretty much need a filling.

As long as they are not bothering you, they can stay within the jaw for the rest of your life.
In most of my cases i send people to the surgeon to extract wisdom teeth if there is a big cavity there already (people often neglect cleaning wisdom teeth since they are far back, its usually hard or impossible to put a filling there, depending on how the tooth is positioned).
Sometimes wisdom teeth are positioned in a way (45 or 90 degrees) that they grow and push the neighbouring tooth, causing pain. This may be an indication for extraction.
In a lot of cases wisdom teeth do not erupt at all, so they stay in your jaw forever.

Need to know details and get a check-up desu. There are many causes for recession (dental stones, incorrect bite causing trauma, incorrect brushing), cant say the exact cause for you family.
I dont want to sound like a neckbeard fedoralord, but i usually recommend vaping to my patients who smoke - you get your nicotine and cause less hard to your oral cavity.

Ive heard of it, but its more of a folk remedy. The main goal of cleaning your teeth is to remove the excess bacteria which accumulate within the biofilm on your teeth.
The best way to do so is to remove it mechanically with a toothbrush (80% of the film is removed by brushing alone, toothpaste does not play THAT much of an important role).

I am still lurking here, feel free to ask anything.

since you're still here and eager to answer questions why not?

What's your opinion on Crest Whitestrips and their effectiveness? Also, are UV sanitizing electric brushes worth it, or is the buildup of bacteria negligible if the brush replaced? Any brushes you rec, or is all pretty much the same?

In terms of tooth whitening it all comes down to the % of hydrogen peroxide and the time spent whitening them.
You can have the same effect doing a professional 15 minute whitening with a 40% hydrogen peroxide concentration and doing a few sessions of 1 hour whitening with a lower (10%?) concentration of hydrogen peroxide.
The thing about tooth whitening is that its very individual - some people can expect a drastic increase in whiteness, which other can barely see results.
Keep in mind that if you have fillings and whiten your teeth, the fillings will stand out more.
Whitening is not permanent, eventually the teeth will darken back (also depends on the individual, if you eat/drink food such as tea,coffe,berries, etc).
The upside of home whitening kits is that you can control the color you wish to obtain, just be sure to whiten one jaw at a time to note if you get any difference (whiten your upper teeth first and compare to bottom ones).
Overall i would recommend home whitening kits, Crest Whitestrips included. Try them out and see how they work out.

UV sanitizing brushes are some space-age autismic shit. If you are the kind of person who min-maxes in RPGs, then sure, go for it.
The main idea of oral hygiene is to keep the amount of bacteria in your mouth under control by removing them mechanically. All other methods (such as chemical - mouth rinsing) are more of an accessory method.
I would recommend using a simple electric (with a charger, not batteries) toothbrush with a built in 2 minute timer.

>havent been to the dentist in 3 years
>filling on side of back molar fell out, brown cavity exposed for 6 months
>on same tooth near the bottom there is a filling that is loose that i can move around if i use floss. Comes out like halfway but is wedged between 2 teeth so wont fully come out
>receded gums from brushing too hard for years
>enamel fucked, edges of teeth have grooves in them and are see through

How fucked am I? Ive been using an electric toothbrush / tongue scraper / floss / mouthwash routine for the last month

Also about how much would it cost me to unfuck my cavities and fillings? Canadafag here

Also 1 of my wisdom teeth fully grew in ( top left) while the other 3 are partially grown in with gums covering them / fully inside gums, should i get them removed? Food gets stuck in there and its hard to get out. If i remove one i gotta remove all of them right? Cuz it would be weird to have them unbalanced

Also how the fuck should i be brushing with my electric toothbrush? Should i just be letting the head sit stationary on top of each tooth for x seconds, or should i be gliding it around like i would with a notmal brush?

How do you feel about using Listerene after brushing? I cannot go without it but I dont know if it gives much benefit after brushing or if it just feels great.

My jaw is "tilted" presumably from a number of bad habits like bad posture, chewing with one side of mouth since i was a kid, biting lips one side only, etc

As a result my entire face is asymmetrical, my nose and mouth are crooked and slope down on one side way more than the other

Jaw also locke when i open my mouth all the way like AH and it locks asymmetrically, like one side fully locks before the other in quick succession. How fucked am I and can this be fixed? How? Corrective exercises? Chiro? Braces? Surgery?

I have a filling on one of my back molar teeth that hurt if I chew down on it. Does this mean I have a cavity under it? Wat do

>filling on side of back molar fell out, brown cavity exposed for 6 months
>on same tooth near the bottom there is a filling that is loose that i can move around if i use floss. Comes out like halfway but is wedged between 2 teeth so wont fully come out

Is is better to get those fixed a.s.a.p since the tooth is slowly rotting where the brown cavity is and as well as under the mobile fillings. Cleaning it alone wont solve anything, as the problem is there already.
I can tell you anything about the price, but when it comes to teeth, trust me, dont go to the cheapest doctor out there.
Usually people forget about the loose or lost fillings and come to me when they feel pain already. In 70% of these cases the cavity is too deep and root canal treatment is necessary, which takes more time and costs 5x what a filling costs.
The best thing to do for you is to get those teeth fixed and keep your oral hygiene ideal.

>Also 1 of my wisdom teeth fully grew in ( top left) while the other 3 are partially grown in with gums covering them / fully inside gums, should i get them removed? Food gets stuck in there and its hard to get out. If i remove one i gotta remove all of them right? Cuz it would be weird to have them unbalanced

As long as they are inside your bone and are covered by gum AND are not giving you any discomfort or pain, they can stay there and there is no need to extract them.
If the tooth is partially covered by gum and food gets stuck there, you can ask the dentist to cut off the gingiva covering it in order not clean it better. Keep in mind that it really depends on the case and how much the tooth is erupted, a solution can be made only when a dentists takes a look in your mouth.

>Also how the fuck should i be brushing with my electric toothbrush? Should i just be letting the head sit stationary on top of each tooth for x seconds, or should i be gliding it around like i would with a notmal brush?

youtube.com/watch?v=HkdgyXHEboE
This is the basic guide.
Basically you want to slowly glide it along all the tooth surfaces, avoid the brushing motion you do with a regular brush. Slowly glide it along the chewing surface, the outer surface (cheek one-buccal) and inner (palatal and lingal).

I always use Listerine after brushing. Take off the cap of the bottle, add 1/3 of the volume of the cup of the solution and fill in the rest 2/3 with water, rinse VERY well for 30-60 seconds and do not rinse with after afterwards.
10/10 would recommend.

I have a filling on one of my back molar teeth that hurt if I chew down on it. Does this mean I have a cavity under it? Wat do

Really hard to tell, it may be that the filling is too high and when you chew more force is applied to the tooth, as a result the structure holding the tooth is overloaded and you have pain.
Go to your dentists and tell him about this problem, ask him to check your occlusion and trim/polish that filling a bit more. If the pain alleviates then it means the filling was too high.

Is it really hard to tell without looking at your face/jaw/teeth.
If you are an adult no exercise will help since the bone is already formed.
Braces can only fix the position of teeth once you are an adult, surgery can not fix all facial problems.
It really depends on your case. If you have any complaints you can go for a consultation to a dental surgeon perhaps, he has to take a good look and prepare a treatment plan if it possible to fix anything.

do not rinse with water afterwars***

Do you think its important to put the water in cap or is full listerene ok? I like the feeling of bleaching my mouth. Have never not rinsed, but Ill start.

It really depends on the concentration of the liquid.
Some are so concentrated that you may end up burning your mouth mucous lining, which isnt a good thing.
Your best bet is to read up on the instruction which is provided on the bottle as the manufacturer recommends it.
In terms of saving money you can get a better bang for your buck if you mix it with water, the effect is practically the same.
You do not need to fully sterilize your mouth, since once you breath in your mouth will be full of bacteriae again.
The main goal is to keep their amount in check so they do not produce enough acid that will drop your oral pH below 5.5.

rate my routine, brehs:

every morning and evening, I brush with an electric toothbrush for around five minutes, using some generic toothpaste (aquafresh iirc).

afterwards i use a generic mouthwash and finish off with flossing

what brand of whitening do you recommend

Toothpaste is a Jewish lie.

Brush your teeth and tongue good and you won't need toothpaste to mask your disgusting shit breath.

I haven't been to the dentist in over 10 years. I don't see any cavities or have any pain. They look fine too.

If I go to the dentist now, will they tell me my teeth are all rotting out?

>tfw sharp teeth
Fucking kill me. Why do veneers have to be so expensive?

Cigarettes

>tfw most teeth pare incisors are pointed.
>tfw slight gaps between lower teeth which allowed serious tartar because parent's did;t bother making me brush when depressed and younger

at least my diastema of my upper incisors will be aesthetic when I fix that shit..

Is there anything a dentist can do if my teeth are starting to become see-through?

He will tell you what he will see in your mouth/on the x-ray.
I usually get the same story:
>havent been to the dentist in x years, everything was fine, but 6 months ago i got this pain and only now was i assed to come over
At this point i discover the tooth is fucked up and requires root canal treatment.

If the teeth are healthy there is no point in doing anything with them.
If you are that botherd with them, you can get veneers (expensive but better) or get them covered by filling material.
Both methods have risks.

Same situation, it isn't just cosmetics, right? Something bad is going on if my teeth are getting transparent near the tip?

A lot of broscience here.

I use a paste called XyliWhite. Haven't had plaque since tbqh

im doing 1 meal a day, should i brush after meal, or before bed?

i also drink espresso throughout the day, without sugar or anything, is it bad for the teeth? should i brush again?

Rinse mouth with water after drinking shit that isn't water

I use coconut oil from time to time. Does really great work at whitening teeth, keeping mouth fresh. Doesn't damage teeth like baking soda or some shit people are mentioning here. Does wonders for real.

use fluoride rinse :^)

cum

Tfw gummy smile, small teeth, about 30-40% gums when I smile, incredibly self conscious about it. I take good care of my teeth and they're healthy otherwise, but ugly smile. Considering gum reshaping, is it worth it?

I used to have really bad oral hygiene during high school and now in my early 20s I try to fix that. My teeth are stained yellow and despite the fact that I brush with whitening toothpaste + mouthwash at least 3 times a day they stay that way. Do memes like baking soda work or should I get them whitened professionaly?

charcoaL?

If you're in the US just go to the dentist with $500 and get them zoom! whitened. I did that because I neglected them in highschool now I have white teeth again. I do your routine now

Baking soda is not a meme but better avoid it or atleast read what whitening process is. Also teeth get more sensitive. Best thing I have tried was unrefined coconut oil. Give it a go and you'll see big difference. Unused oil can be used to cook or as lube.

orawellness.com/is-baking-soda-safe-to-brush-with/

can whitestrips damage enamel? if so, is it permanent damage?