decantshop.com/
theperfumedcourt.com/
surrendertochance.com/
perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...

I'm about to spend $400 on samples, $600 total

I'll have 122 samples, Ha! Ha!

116 of these are unique. I have narciso rodriguez twice for some reason, lumiere noire too and invasion barbare too. now im getting a new black aoud because my sample looks spoiled (cloudy and yellow) and also another molecule 01 because the luckyscent spray is a mistake. so 115 unique

>has 200 samples
Maybe I am autistic. Shit.

Yeah man great job lol

thanks

why spend $1000 on 3-4 bottles when I can have all of these for much less

I mean I have tons of samples. Having samples is fine, but spending hundreds of dollars???
Almost all of my samples were free except for the 5 I bought. Go out into the world put on your computer sunglass and try stuff out

literally whats wrong with samples when you can only try them if you go oversea of buy an actual bottle

besides i think of fragrances more like an art, not just something you wear for compliments

Are you the same guy who ordered samples o burberry london lol

Yeah im getting a sample of burberry london

i dont have a car and i live in a 2000 people village, besides it's only 2.25

Obsession Night or CK One Shock? Which of the two should I try out?

I got Amouage Opus VIII for a special price after I tried a sample some time ago.
I like it very much, but I'm afraid it can be perceived as too feminine, despite it being unisex.

Should I buy Opus VII too, which I've read on the Internet is very "powerful" and "masculine", even though I never tried it?

I'm telling you there's nothing wrong with samples. I said i have tons of samples, but you really don't have to spend $300 on them. And it has nothing to do with getting compliments. I'm obviously not after compliments with pic related.
I work in fragrance. It's very easy for someone to walk in and try something or ask for a free sample. Not just here, but anywhere (except le labo who charges for their samples, those dicks)

where did you get that sacramentum bottle from?

Are there any good Nu_Be frags? seemed like an interesting house

Finally got around to sampling this yesterday and today. I've smelled this hundreds of times before, mainly in Manhattan and in Brooklyn. This scent is extremely common in those two areas. I've smelled this on both men and women numerous times, which makes sense because many women who review this say that they wear it themselves. The scent itself is overwhelmingly French, and one of the first I've smelled which to me seems like a very high fashion accessory. To me there are two distinct groups of people I remember who wear this: High fashion aficionados in Manhattan, and goth/punk people in Brooklyn. Very strange, but almost every time I've gone to a show or played one in Brooklyn, I've smelled this on somebody or just smelled it lingering in the air. Extremely unisex.

Like I said though, to me this is a high fashion accessory. I simply do not own clothes nice enough to wear this in a casual setting. If I had some nicer clothes and way less body/facial hair, (maybe a nice jawline too ) I would probably rock this every day. The smell itself is amazing and very comforting/familiar, with that lavender/iris bomb opening leading way into a dusty and papery cocoa and drying into a nice leathery woods. The quality is so high on this that I can actually discern the individual notes easily, something I've very rarely been able to do. I can see myself buying a full bottle of this one day, maybe when my Dior Homme Eau runs out.

Very strange, high fashion but simultaneously punk and very New York City modern fragrance... The only way I could see myself pulling this off is if I'm trying to convince a girl that I've been seeing other women or something totally mischievous, as it does have that vibe of a man's scent mixing with lipstick from a women. IMO it is a masterpiece, but not for me to wear in public at this time. I will enjoy this in my own house though until the day where I can afford nice enough clothes and am sufficiently shaved

Gallery Aesthete. Have you smelled it before? It's my 2nd favorite behind cdg black and a great day time scent. As a bonus it also has massive projection and lasts forever.

never smelled before, im asking because i cant find samples on luckyscent and theperfumedcourt

Why arent people not more interested in fragrances? I showed my 40 samples to family yesterday and nobody gave a fuck. They were all girls but even their boyfriends didnt really care. I dont get it.

This is the kind of autism I'm talking about. Why are you showing 40 samples to anyone? Would you wanna see anyone's stamp collection?

>the primal olfactory sense VS random hobby

Also I'm hoping someday if they are surrounded with enough beauty they'll stop being dumb

You're kinda trapped when all you know is oldspice and shitty clothing and shit music and shit architecture

You can't force an interest in those things, or force someone to value them.

But I'm not forcing it? I'm just showing them. Too bad if they can't appreciate beauty. But it also makes me suffer. It's my family and they have a real lack of dignity.

They must be destroyed

You might also be smelling DH Intense on everyone. I think it's a bigger seller, and it projects more so you'd be more likely to catch wafts of it.
>I can see myself buying a full bottle of this one day, maybe when my Dior Homme Eau runs out.
I thought I'd do that too but then couldn't stand the wait. Now I'm feeling compelled to do it again and get DHI.

>I will enjoy this in my own house though until the day where I can afford nice enough clothes and am sufficiently shaved
Yeah I often wear it to bed. It always seems to be too much for anything work-related, which is the only context in which I go out these days.

Is there such a thing as a citrus freshie with beastmode longevity?

Oh also you might want to check out Prada L'homme. It's got a similar powder-iris accord to the DH line, but a lot more wearable and subtle. Like people might just think you use nice soap and detergent and end up smelling good that way.

Posted in last thread but it was closed. Coped it recently, what are your thoughts on this one anons?

>have over 60 bottles of mostly niche masterpieces
>been exclusively wearing this pleb og Invictus for the past week
>all of a sudden I love that Paco Rabanne bubblegum DNA
>for some reason everytime I wear this it puts me in a good mood hence wearing it for a full week
>at least 4 compliments a day, one random lady in the grocery store even asked me what I'm wearing

I guess the adage of wear what you like with confidence and people will like it is true, anyone have a similar experience? Anyone else have a sudden change of heart like that?

Pretty good musky ozonic, better wait for fall or winter tho. Can't wear that now at all unless it's still cold where you live. Good purchase user.

Just a few ideas:
> Entry-level they all smell like try-hard club douche.
> The marketing stuff all looks retarded, all of it.
> Just beyond entry-level lurks some pretty pungent acquired-tastes.
> Don't want to invest the energy to learn, then find out their go-to is considered trash by all the insider snobs.
> Don't want to overthink it and wear something ridiculous or inappropriate.
> US Puritan influence frowns upon appreciating something that is literally just stimulating a sense.
> It's from France, so... yeah.
> People mostly bitch about others' fragrance. Why take the risk?
> fragrance free zones. Wearing one might be a microagression.
> SO might get suspicious if you change up your smell routine.

Have same problem. My way to deal with it is to treat fragrances like clothes - wear what you think is the best, not what people around you suggest.

it's okay to like popular things, friend. be different in meaningful ways, like your ambition, generosity, achievements, work ethic, health compared to the average joe. Don't try to be different for the sake of trying to be different in a way that doesn't even matter.

I share the sentiment of scent being underappreciated, however showing people who are clearly not interested 40 samples is really autistic user. It's like someone who's not into science fiction novels and the way you did it, is like you read them 3 of your favourite books when they never asked.

Also I'm from the middle-east and where I grew up, scent and specifically oud is a patrician subject that everyone loves discussing and geeking out on, kids can distguish the difference between incense and, oud origins, etc.. You gotta live in europe or something cause north america is really pushing that scent free agenda my man.

But invictus is legitimately great user, the broads love it too. Just wear what you want nigga

>where I grew up, scent and specifically oud is a patrician subject that everyone loves discussing and geeking out on, kids can distguish the difference between incense and, oud origins, etc
that's pretty crazy, cool af

speak for yourself, i fucking hate that thing

I also really enjoy Invictus. It's a really douchy scent though and it has this overbearing sweaty note that smells like a drunk black guy trying to get laid. It works great for this purpose though, the first time I wore it out I did get laid. People hate on this shit because they're viewing fragrance as art and this is like a Top 40 radio hit as opposed to some underground indie band. And also probably because it's strong as shit. One spray on the chest underneath your shirt is all you need and it lasts over 24 hours and keeps projecting forever.

Interesting, I wouldn't have thought it'd be DHI because I can't find anywhere to sample it at all where I am (besides online). I live in New York, where are you from?

No joke, I'm actually wearing invictus today. I love it, it's like a shower gel that lasts on you for 12+ hours plus that Paco Rabanne DNA. Actually got laid the first night I wore it and she repeatedly said I smelled amazing, so it always has a special place in my heart. In no way is it a piece of olfactory art tho, it's the equivalent of a new York slice as in its not even real pizza but everybody loves it for what it is.

Midwest originally but I live in Germany. DHI is available absolutely everywhere here, so I figured it would be the same in NYC. But if not then I take it back, maybe you were smelling plain DH on everyone.

Yupp I've never seen it here in person, I've heard it's very popular in Germany though.
Stop copying my post, pleb >:)

Invictus is pretty good tho, so is one million it's the fact that everyone wears them that makes them go down in value but as scents alone they're very pleasant. Their success can't be only contributed to marketing, they smell good and there's nothing wrong with wearing them. Specially invictus since it's not as popular with the teenage/party chad crowds like one Million or Azzarro Wanted.

LOL posting from phone didn't even see it until I refreshed, there's an invictus first wear getting laid club I guess.

Bruh, I still wear this every once in a while and I give no fucks because it reminds me of my highschool years. The sweaty car sex with this scent lingering in the car while we share a cigarette. Fuck I wish I was still in highschool.

I'm thinking of dropping my Christmas money on samples, should I?

Invictus is good tho

Why? Can you tell me why without mentioning that marketing or target market?

What do you want to sample user?

Not him, but it smells like really synthetic bubblegum

My bottle of this class act should be arriving tomorrow, along with a sample of Aventus which I can't wait to finally compare to my bottle of CDNMI.

All bubblegum is synthetic, there's no bubblegum fruit user.

Not really, because citrus notes, by their very nature, aren't very stable, so it isn't really possible to make them last a long time.

Plus, I mean, bubblegum smells pretty good. Who doesn't like the smell of bubblegum? That shit's delicious.

invictus is alright in my books

I used to hate oud, it smelled animalic and old man like for the longest time for me. One day I wake up and I just love everything oud, and wear nothing but 24 Gold all winter. Shit like that happens man, that being said Invictus is pretty great.

212 men, Obsession night, CK One Shock and Bleue D'Issey

man all those are available in like sephora or sears, just go their and ask for samples, in sephora they do it for free, no need to order those online.

male, 18, not considering price range too much (but can't go tom ford), all seasons but spring/summer exclusively too i guess, both school and social occasions afterward and parties (give me separate recommendations if that's too broad, please), i like the smell of dolce and gabbana the one (it's the only fragrance i have purchased so far) but the sillage and the longetivity on this thing is hella whack, don't really have any special conditions other than i kind of like oriental, spicy, and woody scents and want to project a rugged, masculine image, even "bad boy"ish, but not like refined masculine scent.

To further describe my style, I dress very minimalistically, black iron rangers, raw denim/clark desert boots, some ocbds, monochrome/grayscale/earth tone t shirts, i'm pretty lean and built.

dior sauvage

das sum edgy shit, my guy

>should I?
Do you want them? Can you afford them? Then yes.

Just ordered those, pretty excited I love pineapple, anyone have/tried those?

There's literally nothing wrong with liking invictus tho, as long as you're not older than say 30 you can easily pull it off.

This or invictus aqua?

I tried VII several times and now way is this a blind buy. Imagine Memoir Man if you've sampled it, but salty and with oud and fenugreek. It's green but not in the usual way, more swampy than cypressy.

What a bad day. At least I have the world of fragrances always.

What happened user?

For one my body was weak and tired for some reason. We were celebrating my grand-aunt's 80's birthday. Then we all went to the bar. Very loud music, very obnoxious people. If only my body didnt feel so weak at that moment I wouldnt have been so passive.

My grandfather was there and he had the keys to the house. I asked him the keys quietly as to not make everyone notice that I left, and he said "WHAT? YOU WANNA GO PLAY THE COMPUTER VIDEOGAMES ALREADY?" in front of everyone. On top of that my sister was trying to have a conversation with me, but she kept leaving and walking around, so while the subject was serious, she didn't seem to be invested at all, very frustrating since she's the one who wanted to talk about it.

Just another day. None of this surprises me.

i like invictus aqua a lot. and I hate the original

>tfw you're waiting for Interlude Man to stop projecting so you can wear something else and it's been 24 hours already

Prada L'homme smells like you just stepped out of a 10/10 shower. I like it.

Anyone got a recommendation for honey? I love the dry down of kouros and wanted something similar

We all have bad days mate, keep your head up.

Smells cheap, obvious. Invictus for me is equivalent of wearing white pumas, calvin tee and fake rolex. It smells like you walked into a perfumery and said "gimmie something bitches like". IMO ultimate d-bag scent, with one million right behind it. I don't mind synthetic vibe that much, but it doesn't do itself any favours either. If you like it, wear it, its just my personal opinion.

I've had sental and rose in my cart for 6hrs now and I can't decide which one I want but can't buy both fuggg

> legitimate Autism

You are a turboautist as fuck

I ended up choosing sental 33

Paul Smith Portrait

>north america is really pushing that scent free agenda my man.
Yeah what is that about? Is that some kind of sjw thing or just no one cares to shell out for expensive European fragrances?

Seems to be a couple things. A. dumbass hippy and soccer mom types who thinks fragrances are toxic, and B. people want fragrance-free spaces so people don't feel "pressured" to wear something nice/trendy, much the same justification schools use to have uniforms.

So basically, stupid people.

you're dumb

thanks

Kk so my GIT order was placed on tuesday evenjng and only just got dispatched today because notinos website fucked up. I also upgraded the delivery at extra charge and it still won't arrive until Tuesday. Slightly triggered. Hope they threw in some free samples or I'll be a little disappointed as I didn't even get an apology when I emailed them, although they were helpful in making sure my order went through.

i will order $400 of samples of today

>paying extra for shipping after a fuck up

You fucked up. Should have been free on your end.

it's north americans changing view of scent as an offensive thing that you push onto other people, so most universities and work places are championing scent free signs as if it's some sort of handicap friendly environment sign. I can walk into a huge commercial office building and walk in it for hours and smell no one wearing perfume or cologne. so it's become this lazy thing to under the false flag of "I'm being understanding and being scent free", funny thing is it started because some people have allergies(which is a total fair thing to not annoy someone with allergies with your scent) however most designer fragrances are allergen free so it's really pretty much laziness and white folk murdering everything that's cool again.

women in HR who want to stay busy so they fight something they personally feel strong about, thank god I live in Europe now. North American white people are the worst thing that happened to white people.

most schools and universities are scent free now, and punishable by misconduct so teens grow up not being exposed to the beauty of fragrance and then when they are work it's also scent free because that's what they are used to, that's it pretty much.
It's dumb tho cause it's scent free but you can smell horrid bo and stale cigarette stench but if you wear a bleu de channel then you're a rule breaking degenerate. It's really bad here at Canada, but I hear it's even starting to get noticeable in Europe which is pretty much the death of fragrance industry in 30 years or so if true.

I'm so fucking glad I'm in my 30s and work at home. I have a couple of younger friends who still take some university classes, and when I go to meet them somewhere on campus and I'm wearing fragrances, I actually get dirty looks from little millennial snowflake fucks. It's always pretty funny.

This is in Toronto, of course, the gaping asshole of Canada.

Just blind bought terre d'hermes. Did I fuck up?

>noticeable in Europe
Where though? I haven't seen this anywhere in Germany. It would be pretty ridiculous since plenty of people leave a trail of cigarette smoke behind them anyway.

you sure you're not over spraying? lot's of older men here only wear something potent like DAKKAR noir and wear like 4 sparys and walk around with this huge invasive scent bubble.

Should have sampled first

you people disgust me, there's like 5 guys in my university who always wear cologne like they're some sort of celebrity. all you need is to smell clean and hygienic, no one needs to smell expensive concoctions on you rich fucks. I'm glad this ancient fucking practice is dying, I don't even know why are their always threads about this on a FASHION board, just fuck off.

>in my 30s and work at home
Hello fellow traveler. It's pretty nice isn't it?

Can't speak for him, but the last few times I've been to NA in similar situations (liberal arts campus, public libraries) I never had this problem. I was vaguely aware of this scent-free thing, and I err on the side of underspraying anyway.

Usually 1-2 to the stomach right before getting dressed, always freshly showered. Even with strong stuff like Puredistance M or Tobacco Vanille, I rarely/never get compliments, but also never get dirty looks (that I notice) either.

pot and cigarettes smell pretty bad and project a lot especially if the smeller never smokes

fuck off pleb

fuck you you didn't even get dubs