Any alternatives to Dr Martens in this price or a bit more expensive...

Any alternatives to Dr Martens in this price or a bit more expensive? I had to return last shoes from them and I'm a bit sceptical right now but I like the silhuette.

I heard the made in englands are good and solovair are a good alternative brand at a slightly higher price point

Okay umm everything you just said is wrong HERE WE GO HERE WE GO

so uhh basically doc martens were made in this English factory the they decided to outsource to china so the factory that made the docs they rebrand as solovair so solovairs are the true doc martens. Now the made in England docs are just solovairs with the doc martens branding and cost more than the standard solovairs because you're paying for the label

Doc martens what are you a tumblrista/KEKcore?

Solovairs are the true docs for bootsboys okay?

Also grinders for a cheaper alternative YAYEAHBABAY WEWWW TELL U WHAT HIS NAME IS PARTYMAN

ONE

NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

TWO

the real question is is there something like docs that comes in half sizes???

Im and 8 1/2 and I wear 9 docs but they are loose and 8s are too tight

I don't understand why they dont do half sizes

What's the meme about the leather on these being bad about? I've been considering coping lately.

If you're in Canada check out gravity pope. They're in brand is actually really good

Ok cool didn't know the backstory thanks

Does (black) leather look good with blue jeans???

Does (you) knows how to use google images?

only replying because you got trips
they use chapparal leather which is car seat leather so they're pretty durable but do lack a bit of luster in comparison to high end derbies, luckily these are just made to be comfy and smart without looking overly dressy as they were literally made for postmen

they're preddy dank, i loved my pair until they got overly beaten up

check out patrik ervell for inspo
not really unless you intentionally go for that juxtaposition
black leather is a 'smart' choice whereas blue denim is inherently casual and has different connotations, not to mention the colors don't really mesh well
this is such a meme
long story short is that yes docs quality is worse now and solovair quality is better but at the end of the day you're still buying pretty much mildly above average chunky derbies and to put any weight at all into a brand name that constantly changes it's affiliation to subcultures (and not by choice) is an asinine thing to do

be your own person and wear them because they look good and they're cheap, don't hate something because other people like it or you'll end up being a contrarian cunt with no personal style

How did you size your red wings compared to vans or converse? And did you find them hard to wear casually? Thinking about getting a pair to wear as an everyday shoe

Actually nothing he said is wrong.
The made in england Docs are of better quality and Solovair IS AN ALTERNATIVE brand. Its not the same right?

Autistic fuck

Made in China are greater quality than England. The Vietnam ones are the worst. Trust.

I have red wings iron ranger in 8,5 us, i wear vans and converse in 9.

The wedge sole ruins these.

I wear the monos to the office and no one has even noticed that I'm wearing casual shoes yet. They're versatile as fuck.

The thing with the better Docs/Solovairs is theyre a big wide clunky shape...the black mono docs are much sleeker and nicer profile (though made of cheap as fuck 'leather'), pick your poison

I think I sized down 1 or a half size on my postmans, try them on your self though in store. Also they're insanely easy to wear casually, I used to wear them pretty much every day because they look so sleek

>talking like an autistic weeb
>saying either false or irrelevant bullshit

You made me cringe hard

Black and blue is a bad idea when you don't know what you're doing, those colours usually don't go well together

It's not shell cordovan, but it's as good or better than Doc Martens. I treat mine with some RW leather conditioner and a brush every month or so, and keep shoe trees in them. They look great after a year and a half of daily wear.

can anybody post that picture of the skinny user wearing these slightly leaning in forward. it would get posted everyday a while ago.

Do they have a lot of shine? I wanna get a pair to wear casually but I'm afraid they'll look to dressy