So whats the deal with this particular denomination?

So whats the deal with this particular denomination?

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/heres-how-the-reviled-westboro-baptist-church-makes-money-2015-6
youtube.com/watch?v=7DCe0rDqWLE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah, the Westboro Baptist Church. I live in Kansas City, not far from them.

They're a radical christian church. It's hereditary in structure, with the Phelps family forming the core of the group.

They believe God actively punishes America for its immorality. They draw a line between the acceptence of homosexuality and 9/11 and the deaths of soldiers. So they go to military funerals to protest, "God Hates Fags" and what not, because if America didn't embrace immorality, God would protect us.

It's a very "active" group, they believe in outreach to their enemies, and generally shun politeness, because its just that serious to them.

When you're right about everything, you've every right to flaunt it

Eh. Its not really about religion. They make their money through lawsuits against people who physically attack them during their protests.

I suppose if it was about religion they'd love they enemy or whatnot.

Also... If God hated America so much why is the quality of life so much higher that say religious Uganda with their eat da poo poo laws.

Pissing literally everyone off.

do you believe they actively go out looking to get beat up so they can sue?
I doubt this is their motive but it does seem like a great way to make money.

It's government psy-ops designed to make Americans despise Christianity

They are a single family who the media focuses on to try and keep the idea of "Christian extremism" alive.
Literally take any guy off the street in any Arab country and he'll say things twice as "offensive" as the WBC.

Same thing with the KKK. It's a group that is pretty much 5 dudes LARPing in a forest yet they are always in the spotlight as "Christian radicals".

What's the deal with baptist
What do they believe?

sounds very proud and arrogant to me
dems cardinal sins nigga

businessinsider.com/heres-how-the-reviled-westboro-baptist-church-makes-money-2015-6

Maybe its not the #1 reason they protest but they do like earning lots of money for themselves doing God's work.

Great trolls who cause lots of butthurt

it's not even a denomination, just one local independent church. the leader is great at grabbing media attention because he's a convenient laughingstock/strawman for just about everyone. he has zero popular support or approval. even white power types look down on him.

Throw the baby in a holy bathtub before it's third bithday
If he swims, he's a baptist
If he sinks, god didn't mean for him to live

I read an article awhile back that said that they're actually very traditional five-point Calvinists.

Their schtick is basically humans are shit without God and that queers etc are even worse because they flaunt it.

that's a 10 person cult that is

Orwell was English...

youtube.com/watch?v=7DCe0rDqWLE

This is ridiculous.

Also, they actually have a website called godhatesfags.com where they have news. It's pretty funny t b h

I just realized, there's a girl at 2:24 wearing a shirt that says jewskilledjesus.com but it looks like the domain is no longer working. They are the /pol/ of Christianity

Maybe I would still be Christian if more Christians were like this instead of sucking nigger toes and being cucks for the hebrews.

Didn't they excommunicate the old leader?

True Christians and genuine heros spreading The Lord's gospel. Brave underdogs facing persecution for their beliefs and willing to tell the hard truths even of it doesn't win them a choir of praise from the press.

A true inspiration for us all.

These people are sensationalist Calvinists looking for publicity.
Although interestingly enough Fred Phelps was a strong supporter of civil rights, and apparently his son was almost raped by homosexuals in a public park near where they live. Apparently it was something of an issue in the past in that particular area. Probably had something to do with the "God hates fags" shit