Oliver Peoples

Are these glasses effay enough? Damn fuckers cost me over $800. They better be.

Idk man. Good glasses that fit means no one is going to notice it. Unless you get those weird ass branded ones that scream Oakley or Prada. Oliver's people is nice but it's expensive for glasses no one will care to notice its a Oliver's people and expensive.

If they fit your face, yes.

Will 800$ fit better than 200$? Probably not

if you're going to pay such a steep price then why not get something actually interesting

Oliver Peoples for $800?
I got a Coleridge pair for $220, retail price.
How the hell did you pay $800?

I told you to buy on eyebuydirect

why would you spend $800 on costco glasses. everyone told you in the other thread not to.

>frames $340
>lenses $390
>tax

scammed lmao

It's from the actual OP store. How?

This really depends. I believe you're right if you've been wearing glasses for the majority of your life. However, for those who need to correct their vision in their twenties and beyond, and decide to wear a nice pair of glasses which fit their face, then many people who knows them will probably bring up the glasses.

what are these?

just make sure you keep the price tag on them at all times, so people dont think you are a poor faggot who cares too much

>spending 340 on frames with thin acetate temples
I mean if you're made of money whatever
desu some brands, especially ones that make on order, will offer different sizing options, which is a legit good reason to pay a bunch. Idk if Oliver Peoples does tho.
>lenses $390
What exactly were the lenses you bought

>What exactly were the lenses you bought

zeiss glass, thinned out with anti-glare and scratch resistant coating, and they have a watermark

>thinned out
what's your vision sitting at?
>with anti-glare and scratch resistant coating
don't bother mentioning this. Fun fact, unless you're in the cheapest of cheap places AR/SR comes by default, we're all just piece of shit salesmen who know that if folks will eat up what we flaunt.
>and they have a watermark
ehh imo Zeiss are nice for some of their upmarket lenses but their basic ones are no better than basic Essilor, you're mostly paying for the laser etching at that point.
The simple fact of the matter is that unless you've got piece of shit eyes at over -/+4.00 refractive error or an old person with progressives you should never pay more than $250 for lenses. Ever.

What does Veeky Forums think about these glasses? I've a somewhat angular face so I think the round shape would fit me.

Also, silver or gold?

Try them on and see what works better with your skin.

If you can't try them on, don't buy them.

I've triedon the gold ones. Don't knwo about the skin thing, but I don't feel very good bout it, it feels to ostentocious.

What do you mean with the skin thing? I've pretty fair skin with almost black hair.

>mfw -4.75 left and -5.00 right
End it areadly

If you want to look like you fiddle little children in your free time go for it

Y u think that? Maybe if I dressed up as a pedo, had a moustache and were 50 years old, but I'm 20.

They're pretty dull tbqh, you could have done better for less

I like how the frame is not thick and yet they don't look like something bought in the 90s

nice cop annon

just get zenni, eyebuydirect, or warby parker

Thanks user gonna cop these.

So tired of my glasses but cant afford new nice ones; these are only 13 bucks + lenses...

$300 isn't too bad for frames.

dont you have insurance to cover a lot of cost of the lenses?

I do, but they don't cover Oliver Peoples. My company puts $2k in my HSA anyway each year, and I paid with that, so effectively I didn't pay anything out of pocket.

I really like the Oliver Peoples Gregory Peck glasses, but they don't offer them in black.
And real OPs are super expensive.

What's up with this eyebuydirect website? Never heard of it until this thread and it's so cheap it seems too good to be true.

>buying cheap ass glasses

theyre gonna fall apart in 2 months

>buying aspie glasses

Bump

I think there is a lot of misinformation in eyewear because sales people purposefully skew the truth.

I was at LensCrafters waiting for them to print my 'script after a 25 minute argument and them asking why I needed it (they knew why, they want to keep the only copy on their computer so I'm forced to buy glasses there)

And this 19 year old kid grabbed some ray ban wayfarers with the large hands made in Italy type face.

Showed it to the old woman and told her all day bans are.made in Italy. Then reached for a pair of the made in China frames they make exclusively for eyeglasses and had her try them on.

He then also proceeded to sell her essilor polycarbonate lenses with all the coatings.

What possibly could a 55 year old grandma be doing that requires childsafe or saftey eyewear lenses in a pair of reading glasses?

The guy purposefully sold her the lowest abbe value lowest dollar to performance ratio lenses in the damn world.

-------

I buy all of my glasses from Kaneko in Japan.

It's like zenni where everything is made in China. Quality is meh.

You know how warby Parker's don't feel as solid as real eyewear brands? (Mykita, matsuda, kuboraum, dita)

That's the difference.between the China brands and mid end like luxxotica shit.

Technically you paid more for those glasses than anyone else ever has. HSA isn't the greatest form of benefit

Would browline glasses fit a square/triangle face? If not what else? I've been wearing wayfarers for the last 5 years but I feel they accentuate the angles on my face. And no, I don't feel like posting a pic of myself.

go to optician
want to buy pic related
the girl comes and says "round glasses don't fit you"
"here these fit you really good!"
and shows me all rectangular shapped glasses
>I hate all of them

feelsbadman

Numale af

those don't even look anything like the oft maligned "pedo glasses", try harder

If you buy anything Luxottica or from one of the stores they own then you are the cancer and should kill yourself.

I thought Warby Parkers were decent though.
They're cheap because they make them themselves and sell online cutting out all the extra costs. So you're paying for the glasses and not for the name or markup that Luxottica forces on its customers.

I was at LensCrafters waiting for them to print my 'script after a 25 minute argument and them asking why I needed it (they knew why, they want to keep the only copy on their computer so I'm forced to buy glasses there)
This is illegal and a violation of HIPPA. You could sue them if you really felt like going through the hassle.

If a lensecrafters optician/clerk fucks up and you know it, lean on them. They get fired at a drop of a hat, and they'll throw in every freeby they can to keep it from going higher up.
I've got little sympathy, folks at lensecrafters know they're little better than used car salesmen.
2bh warby parkers are pretty solid frames all things considered, for the same price at any other optical shop you'll get hot garbage.

I have the same exact glasses, but they're Persols lol

I only wear rectangular rimless with very thin temples. No lines obstructing my vision, and they don't dominate my face- in fact, from a distance they're hard to notice at all. I know that people with stronger scripts can't really wear rimless but I don't get people who go for oversized frames with huge temples.

What's the model called?

>rectangular rimless
essential early 2000s autism glasses

I choose glasses for practicality first (large temples obscure peripheral vision, thick rims are annoying and also block your periphery to a degree) and subtlety second. In my opinion they're medical devices and not fashion statements, but I understand that others feel differently and they prefer to own the look.

OLIVER PEOPLES

What's in style now? Round frames?

>This is illegal and a violation of HIPPA. You could sue them if you really felt like going through the hassle.
is it? i worked at a pearle vision for a while and, while i always just gave people their prescriptions if they asked for it because our manager was nice, i had no idea it was illegal for us to not do it

In a lot of countries it could be considered withholding medical docs

Yes, the FTC, which is the Federal Trade Commission in regards to The "Eyeglasses Rule" as it's known:

ยง456.2 Separation of examination and dispensing.

It is an unfair act or practice for an ophthalmologist or optometrist to:

(a) Fail to provide to the patient one copy of the patient's prescription immediately after the eye examination is completed. Provided: An ophthalmologist or optometrist may refuse to give the patient a copy of the patient's prescription until the patient has paid for the eye examination, but only if that ophthalmologist or optometrist would have required immediate payment from that patient had the examination revealed that no ophthalmic goods were required;

(b) Condition the availability of an eye examination to any person on a requirement that the patient agree to purchase any ophthalmic goods from the ophthalmologist or optometrist;

(c) Charge the patient any fee in addition to the ophthalmologist's or optometrist's examination fee as a condition to releasing the prescription to the patient. Provided: An ophthalmologist or optometrist may charge an additional fee for verifying ophthalmic goods dispensed by another seller when the additional fee is imposed at the time the verification is performed; or

(d) Place on the prescription, or require the patient to sign, or deliver to the patient a form or notice waiving or disclaiming the liability or responsibility of the ophthalmologist or optometrist for the accuracy of the eye examination or the accuracy of the ophthalmic goods and services dispensed by another seller.

tl;dr, it's illegal for them to not provide you with a copy of your prescription if you ask, especially if they're trying to hold it hostage and force you to buy from them, and you could sue them if you're really wanted.

Big ugly square frames

And to be edgy: circle frames like Harry Potter

In reality effay is thin metal oval frames like Eminem early 2000s

Bump

>In reality effay is thin metal oval frames like Eminem early 2000s
i'm actually vomiting

Like every other retard on Veeky Forums, hate everything but too scared to post your shit taste

lmao man look at these
are you trying to look as dorky as possible? only geriatrics and stem students wear these

holy shit those are actually the ones i thought i was making things up

and while i am a STEM engineering major which is beside the point you still haven't posted your taste

those are a late 1800s/early 1900s style, look at the saddle bridge. completely different from eminem's frames.

this just screams engineer/virgin

Anyone else got Oliver Peoples Remick