The Great Debate

Iron Rangers vs 1000 Miles

There can only be one winner.
strawpoll.me/12770653

Iron Rangers toe box looks like Ronald McDonald shit irl.

i've never liked the look of cap toes, so that would be the deciding factor.

Ah, ye, boots. The neckbeard of fashion. The MFA staple. The pleb express.

[Bootfag anger intensifies]

Red Wing doesn't offer repairs/resoling
Red Wing uses low grade horween chromexcel leathers
Red Wing uses a synthetic insole
Red Wing only resurrected their boot to compete with the Wolverine heritage line
Wolverine boots have appeared in such classic films as Five Easy Pieces and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Clearly Wolverine is superior, pardner!

>literal reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
What's with you, man? Boots are and essential piece of footwear. They can be worn in a thousand ways besides the leddit workwear meme that's been dead for years, anyhow. Fuck do you do when it rains/snows?

not him but live in los angeles and have never owned a pair of boots.

They look cute on women and smol feet size >6

and when it rains or snows you're saying that the gripless sole of the iron ranger is a good choice?

The newer ones have a grip, I wouldn't even had considered them if they don't. I bought a pair and I'm loving them so far. Not sure where the general hate comes from.

>shoes on carpet
why in gods name

Amerifats, user

i'm an amerifat and my shoes are off at the door because i'm also a human

Really simple, nice, and kinda cozy. Good job user

underrated

>cuck the movie
But so did Red Wing with a different model.

Am I the only one who likes the big chunky vibram soles?

So we got a winner yet?

Neither.

Chippewa Apache.

Wolverine's QC and build is apparently shite now. I held a pair of 1000 miles last year in a store and they just didn't feel too substantial. RWs are still decently made, and pretty sure IRs now have mini commando soles, which is great for anyone who doesn't actually work on an oil rig. But Beckman > Iron Ranger. Slimmer profile, always had the better sole.

>Red Wing doesn't do free repairs
Does Wolverine? Plus their leather feels like shit now, and I'm pretty damn sure my RW boots have a leather insole.

I would look into Viberg if you want nice boots that aren't clunkers, and Chippewa or Thorogood if you do. RW is an awkward middle, but they're not shitty by any standard.

if anyone chooses 1000 mile over iron ranger they should literally douse themselves with gasoline and set thmselves aflame

>The neckbeard of fashion

What is this, MFA? Fuck off

They make me want to take a bite out of them

I wear these, the color and shape isnt played out

Looks like 1000 miles win.

How will Red Wing fags cope?

>yeezys
More like chad my furry necked friend