Scene revival when?

Scene revival when?

Other urls found in this thread:

highsnobiety.com/2017/04/17/2000s-fashion-trends/?format=amp
youtube.com/watch?v=E7sP6t1QyrI&ytbChannel=Lil Peep
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Those were the days. Mom and dad wouldn't buy me skinny jeans so I made my own by sewing up the inseams of my jeans.

wish the same aswell

Never.

Soon. Colorful 90s aesthetic has been appropriated into streetwear. I bet scene aesthetic will reemerge among musicians next

i lived in so cal during the height of the emo/scene days when myspace was filled to the brim with scene pussy and everyone was getitng banged like a screen door in a hurricane

When that invader zim renewal comes out.

fucking never hopefully
you should be embarrassed you ever participated in this poofter shite

I was there too man. Never was into the style as a guy but fuck scene girls were and are where it's at. They're all pastel goths now

Gay.

Pastel goth is still a thing?

check out bala club

GBC anyone ?

>so I made my own by sewing up the inseams of my jeans.

Shit son I did the same with my school pants

Haha did you believe them when they said it would just be a phase? I didn't and I wish I would have listened. I cringe remembering high school.

Yeah bc hot topic is effay as fuck

~Rawr xD

I pretty much fuck exclusively goth chicks at this point

id suck a braaaaap out of teal hair girls ass desu

Skinny jeans and dyed hair have already been enveloped into mainstream fashion, it will never come back.

And now that online youth culture has completely taken over RL youth culture we're never going to have another grassroots subculture movement again. It's just going to be designer pushing their paradigms from here on out.

SAME

aging has made my hair thin and receded my hairline
short hair or undercut are the only things that look decent
I can no longer emo hair
I want off this ride

I can see it coming, highsnobiety.com/2017/04/17/2000s-fashion-trends/?format=amp

But just like how the 90s revival actually tried to weirdly mimic how the 90s actually went (we're back to chokers which were common in the late 90s and somewhat into the early 00s) and pretty much every 90s trend has been exhausted, only ones I haven't seen explored on a mainstream level yet are parachute pants(not the mc hammer shit, the swooshy pants) and weirdly no one has tried to revive late 90s raver yet.

So it's safe to say that the 00s revival will lead into an emo/scene revival down the line. But I'll be too old for that shit, hell I already am.

I'm 27 and the more mature styles of the early 00s are good enough for me.

Feels bad man

I still love studded belts and suspenders. I didn't have the confidence to wear them when they were popular though

>kalos starter
>scene exists

Studded belt is the only good thing to ever come out of scene and that was just taken from punk anyway

If I'm being honest I would make fun of you around friends if I saw you guys looking like this. But, really, I just don't have the balls to dress like that. Sorry.

Scene is still around man. In small niches, but it's there

It sure is. Hardcore kids you find a lot more. Like 30 year old ones. So embarrassing

it's been happening on this board for a while now

I dont know that it would happen on its own
some scene looking band has to blow up

>weirdly no one has tried to revive late 90s raver yet.

nah that shit is already huge among certain scenes, I cant throw an empty 40 in Montreal without hitting a girl in platforms

Either this nigga fat or has knock knees.

its already kind of starting in trap music of all places...

Darkie here, can someone tell me what its like to be a scene kid in highschool and bang scene chicks? Let me experience it through you

Scene/Emo chicks in general are usually fucking crazy.
A lot of the girls I dated were really were incredibly clingy and needy. (texting you nonstop every day, saying "I love you" after dating for about a week, etc)

For me it was all about doing e or ketamine with these girls and drinking and blazing an making.out.Nd.dinner bombshell Tyngsboro

after a week? That sounds hot as fuck dude

Does that say 'hardcore'?

yes

back then, guys skinny jeans weren't a thing yet so the nice clerks at West 49 helped me get girls jeans. 2008

good times

Bro trap music is getting edgy as fuck as others have mentioned. Gbc, shcema posse (rip), suicide boys, weirdclvn, it's trendy to be a black guy in ripped skinnies and over sized black metal shirt. Embrace the wave and slam dem t h i c c g o t h s h a w t i e s

you've always had 30+ year old hardcore "kids". I can't go to a show in my hometown without running into some dude with faded straight edge neck tattoos and a Bane t-shirt.

Hopefully never. Do you even realise what a fucking ballache it was to maintain a scene haircut every morning before school? I had to get up two hours early.

Mostly this

Subcultures aren't a thing with the youth anymore

Scene was fucking awful. Say what you want about thots but they are much closer to what guys actually want than many of the last few subcultures.

Also, I'm almost comfortable calling anyone that digs "scene girl" a latent pedo.

Because what you're saying you like is basically a girl that is 15 cakefacing to a level of even greater neotony.

holy shit

>And now that online youth culture has completely taken over RL youth culture we're never going to have another grassroots subculture movement again.
you are looking at this so fucking wrong
>online youth subcultures
this is literally fucking cyberpunk, if anything online subcultures is the most interesting development in youth culture since the concept of 'teenagers' and youth culture was born

>thot
>subculture

Same, I wasn't that good at sewing so they'd rip when I was at school

That fit was a mistake

Only scene girls looked good, the guys looked like total faggots.

I think you can make the case that they are. It's not all girls, is it? And they do have shared styles.

Kek, I remember begging my mom for skinny jeans. She made me get some slim straight pants first and I had to whine on and on before she finally took me to hot topic. Why are parents always such cunts about fashion?

>all these people itt that associated with scene/emoshit

wow. Veeky Forums is shittier than i thought.

This

If you ever did that shit you never had any hope of being effay in your life

Dated a scene girl for like 2 years in high school. Got me into it. Sex was wild and she was pretty much open to everything. Never did anal tho

all the kids have four genders now, get with the times dad.

disgustingly yes

Yeah i guess but half of the female fans at the chicago show were gross colored hair weirdos

Is it possible to be non white and scene/emo/goth?

Pretty much everyone but blacks.
Black dudes with straight hair in general is pretty bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=E7sP6t1QyrI&ytbChannel=Lil Peep
Scene is coming back

>Scene is coming back
>lil peep

not that guy but warped tour shit is dead, even middle schoolers are too self aware for that these days

this wave of trap is probably the closest thing to "scene" we've got at the moment

What about brown people specifically Indian? I'm male and half Indian half English but I look more Indian. Not saying I wanna be emo/scene/goth but I kinda dress like one without even trying. I have long black hair and I'm fairly skinny too.

People must be really confused when they see me on the street because you don't really see brown people who look/dress like me especially in London -.-

As someone that looks street shitter you should absolutely shun styles that project weakness.
Since what is thought about your people is that you're silly, clueless, awkward manlets that can't get pussy to save themselves.

On the flip-side you have to avoid like you're trying to be excessively masculine and/or flashy. This also plays to tropes about Indians.
eg. Wearing jeans, polos and aviators to the gym with your bros and making absolutely no gains. Having a silly moustache.

The first priority is to achieve otter mode, or better, and perfect your posture.
Second priority is your scent game. A trope of Indians is that you smell horrible so if you are well-groomed and smell great you are curb-stomping expectations.

As to how you should dress? I'm not totally sure. I think you can probably be dressier than white people. But don't wear Ralph Lauren polos.

>she was pretty much open to everything.
>Never did anal tho

Wait wut, that Pokemon on that tshirt was released in 2013.

Scene in 2013?

That moustache part is something that applies to me. All I have is a moustache and a very faint beard. Will be shaving it all of very soon. My hair could be neater and I guess I could work on my posture. I think I talk well and I can hold myself better than the average indian guy but I think women think of me more as a 'gay friend' which I have been told before. It's not really the vibe any guy wants to give out unless they are actually gay. Not sure why I get this comment sometimes. Maybe they think I'm hitting on them so they are trying to let me down? Fuck knows.

not bad user, thanks for the listen!

only when their sons are faggots

Imaging wanting to look like this lol

the time is n o w
i was a scene kid for halloween because i secretly wish i could dress like this all the time
pic related

Scene has been assimilated into the modern tumblr/SJW/snowflake fashion.

Kek impressive

There is one in the UK. I worked with a girl who was pretty normal looking on the clock and outside she has all that massive onesided hair look I grew up with as a teen.

I mean I was never a scene kid but it feels weird to have a fashion sense that I had around me as a kid brought back.

Back when skinnies were called "drainpipes".

hipsters are kind of the missing link between the two