Notebook on Cities and Clothes
love this thing, it's so calm and shit

also soundtrack is great
can't go wrong with the thing

Just anything from Tarkovsky dude ain't that hard

''Salò or the 120 days of Sodom''
Basically anything made by good Italian directors

there gonna be stalker' high-res ver this year

Drunken Angel and anything in a modern setting by Kurosawa.

Guy was a visual genius.

there is already a 4k telecine of Stalker: it was given limited cinema release last summer

I didn't manage to see it but I did manage to catch Mirror and Andrei Rublev during the same Tark mass release

this

>Match Point
>Zodiac
>L.A. Confidential
>Midnight Cowboy
>Boys Don't Cry
>Taxi Driver
>The Big Lebowski
>Jackie Brown
>The Royal Tenenbaums
>Blade Runner
>Boogie Nights
>Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
>Lolita (1962)
>Eyes Wide Shut
>The Ice Storm
>Mulholland Drive
>Raising Arizona

Op has good taste in movies

This user knows what's up

Big Nothing

that film is absolute trash. it masquerades as an actual commentary on fascism when in reality it's just a boring attempt at trying to shock the audience. and it doesn't even do that. you'll find more interesting transgressive art made by 15-year-olds on deviant art

only in a genre as empty as horror could a film like that even be taken seriously. it's utterly boring

every film you just posted bar mulholland drive is trash
like how you gonna post lolita (1962) when it's dated as fuck and incorporates literally no good camera techniques and doesn't have anything to do with fashion at all? it's basically a made for tv movie, you blatantly only think it's good because kubrick made it yet you haven't seen anything else he's directed because lolita and the killing are his worst films

kubrick is incredibly overrated desu
the europeans did it better
solaris>>>

solyaris is a great film, I hate it when people compare it to 2001 though just because it's a film about space
the core themes are radically different, people just compare the two to create a false portrayal of patrician and pleb cinema when solaryis isn't that much better than 2001
2001 is like 6.8, solayris is like 7.2

hello /reddit/

Solaris is Tarkovsky's worst film though, and 2001 is a much better and more important work

I agree
Solaryis is still better though

>match point and not point break

SadKeanu.jpg

done

>every film you just posted bar mulholland drive is trash

i can't take you seriously when you say that taxi driver, midnight cowboy, zodiac, boogie nights and the ice storm are trash

films being popular with critics or the general public don't make them bad. i feel that you are being an angry contrarian in this case

all trash
have you only seen like 100 movies and have you ever seen a non narrative movie, an avant-garde movie or anything at all experimental?
you're obviously a fucking retard who can't watch anything unless it has a linear story so your opinion means nothing to me
not one of those films is art including mulholland drive

>your opinion means nothing to me
I chuckled

2/10

have you seen any film that is on these charts?

Fascism??? It's about grace, fucking retard, not everything has a political commentary. Go back to /pol/

>i like avant-garde shit so that makes me incapable of liking films that aren't avant-garde.

Grow up. There's a reason Blade Runner is a staple in college "Intro to Film Studies" courses: because it's very well made and highlights a number of filmmaking techniques that can be dissected easily, while maintaining its identity and without feeling contrived.

It's like saying "I appreciate 4'33", therefore I can't enjoy Abbey Road" or "I can't appreciate Monet because he never painted anything like Basquiat." They aren't mutually exclusive, and you just come off as an ignorant and naïve for refusing to acknowledge that popular films can sometimes be good. I get the impression that you think that if a film is inscrutable, it's good--which would be a pathetic opinion and a weak attempt at having taste. Who do you think you're impressing?

I've seen:
>Out of the Blue
>Nouvelle Vague
>Stray Dogs
>King Lear
eat. shit.

where did you go to watch Stray Dogs? i cant seem to find it online

nevermind im retarded

good is a ranking on an objective scale, when all the entry level films he mentioned aren't as high up on the scale as those in the charts then they objectively cannot be good, unless you're one of those absolute retards who think everything in a medium of art is subjective

you need to grow up and stop proclaiming things as good just because they're easy to understand
also
>seen four (4) of those films and thinks he has anything of worth to say

wtf I love plebs now

basquiat was shit marketed to yuppies.

checked but not confirmed

le based kek approves elitism and patriciandom

>you need to grow up and stop proclaiming things as good just because they're easy to understand

I never said that. I said that a film being inscrutable does not make it good. And art is neither wholly objective nor wholly subjective. Clearly, it's a matter of opinion, though. Works that showcase a mastery of the craft are going to be the better films, but even still, it would be asinine to rank art with pure objectivity. Take two films that are 'objectively' ranked similarly, and I might like one more than the other and you could have the opposite opinion. Doesn't mean I'm right or wrong. Ranking in general is pretty stupid anyways. What does putting one film next to another on a list add to what can be appreciated or gleaned from either film? I don't get it.

>have you seen any on the charts?
yes
>>seen four (4) of those films and thinks he has anything of worth to say
way to move the goalposts. it's not like those charts have the only good films in the world. and i'm not trying to impose my taste on anyone, so there's really no need to call me out on that. i just think it's a stupid philosophy to appreciate art seemingly on how obscure it is. and while i don't doubt that most of those films on the chart are very good, i don't think films have to feel like art house cinema to be good.

Get this waifu shit off of Veeky Forums

Shallow grave

i'm not at all appreciating films just because they're obscure but there is a correlation between having bad taste and not have seeing those films and the correlation is YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ENOUGH FUCKING FILMS TO HAVE A VALID OPINION ON IT

Also stop saying those films are inscrutable because it just makes you look like a fucking retard as all those films have clear themes and messages to them that can be unraveled if you know/care enough

also
>moving the goalposts
i'm not moving them but you're not even close to them if you've only seen 4 out of the however many films I just posted above

congrats on making yourself like a literal embryo, dickhead

also I just realized that you called the only films you've seen inscrutable KEK

c'mon man, godard has literally said what Nouvelle Vague was about, you could have googled it then rewatched it to fully grasp its ideas but you chose not to.

ironically makes me think about how dumb you are

Oslo, August 31st

trainspotting

lol. i was referring to you bitching about people having never seen movies that weren't basic, linear, and narrative driven, as if you thought films like that couldn't be good. be chill, dude. wasn't even talking about the 4 i've seen. not even tryna shove my taste down anyone's throat. just saying you got a shit philosophy when it comes to having taste and you're being a real crabapple about it. legit a thread about effay films and you start bitching about how entry level some other dudes picks are (no mention of clothes). you just come off like some dude who wants to flex his muscles, so you pick on some dude for having basic taste.

you don't know me. just because i've seen that dude's movies and only some of your films doesn't mean that there isn't a world of shit in between that hasn't been spoken for. piss off.

i have no idea what you're talking about, user

Day of the Jackal

>good is a ranking on an objective scale
why is anyone still taking this guy seriously?

yknow what

this thread wasnt as bad as i was expecting it to be
keep up the good work everone

kek
wave that white flag harder, it's hot af in my room

ok, mr delusional. whatever helps you sleep at night.

Not the other guy

>101 in ruining a thread by taking up a large portion of the limit with a stupid arguement

>20th Century Women
>Beginners
>Lost in Translation
>Tokyo Story
>Blind Beast
>A Single Man (tom ford meme)
>Submarine
>Alien
>Frances Ha
>Chinatown
>Rosemary's Baby
>Badlands
>Phantom of the Paradise
>Her (for fake future fashion)
>Trainspotting
>All About Lilly Chou-Chou
>A Brighter Summer Day

>The Killing is one his worst films

>Solaris better than 2001

aaayyyyy what does it feel being a contrarian plebshit with no taste

the september issue

the great beauty is garbage tho

they ain't exit level they're just rym-core

It's alright, sorrentino in general is just shit though

>Salò
>commentary on fascism
>horror
So you haven't seen the film, huh?

does this have anything to do with fashion?
Veeky Forums has a board dedicated to film and television so stop posting unrelated shit here you fucking retards

fucking nerd

ill fuck your dad

holy fuck and its being shown in nyc. thanks for lettin me know

Tumblr doin Veeky Forums a bamboozle with a reasonable and personal assessment.

What a strange woman this person is.

my faves

His Girl Friday
Winchester '73
Oldboy
Stalag 17
North By Northwest
Mulholland Drive
Caligula

this

poor Tony

name of the movies please;;looks interesting.Only i know is Manakamana

Wings of Desire
Anything Wong Kar Wai with Christopher Dolan's cinematography
Or French new wave

Spring summer autumn winter spring

Leon the proffesional

>not knowing shit about Pasolini

How have none of you posted Breathless yet?

Kinky Boots

Sorry, im not a volatile homosexual.

My own private idaho

Gummo