Eyepatch

Hi, Veeky Forums.

I developed a lazy eye early in infancy. I am tired of it. Lots of people say they don't notice, but there are others who do notice immediately. I find it very hard to smile in pictures because I am always worried about my eye bugging out and ruining a good picture.

I am going to get an eye patch. I do not need to wear it 24/7, but I will try to wear it in any situation where two eyes aren't needed. Hopefully, over time things will improve.

I am looking for something that is not god awful and might fit with what I wear.

I normally wear a leather jacket, a button down long sleeve shirt, and khakis or tight jeans. My daily shoes are blood red Doc Martens that I have been using for work, but will be replaced soon due to weather.

Look for eye patches that complement your outfit. Considering your Docs, maybe red too? You could make them yourselves.

This picture pretty much explains it.

I'm trying to find a new jacket as well. I only am wearing this one because my usual one is way too warm for this time of the year.

I was thinking about something like the bottom left.

pls respond

I dont want to look like a faggot but I don't want to go blind, either. I started to lose color vibrancy in one eye.

Seems fine? If you think it suits you, buy it.

Why don't you just wear tinted glasses? If you need to wear an eyepatch just wear those medical bandage-like ones.

How will buying an eyepatch distract others away from your lazy eye? Instead they'll just notice you more. The only time you should wear an eyepatch is if you have lost an eye. An eyepatch would just make you look autistic. I don't mean to piss on your fire but you just have to except your lazy eye and move on. Getting an eyepatch won't fix it. Instead of people noticing the eye they'll just notice the autistic eyepatch. I'd rather have a lazy eye than have people think I'm retarded.

>inb4 pretending to actually have lost an eye to wear the eyepatch. People will eventually find out that your eye is fine and they'll think less of you

>Doc Martens
Just as an aside, it it acceptable for a male to wear black Doc's? I've been eyeing a pair but I don't want to be associated with lesbian shoes.

i recently lost vision in left eye due to an accident. my eye looks normal and nobody will be able to tell its blind. dont wear eye patch pls op. i would much rather have a lazy eye and see than vice versa. use your eye. be grateful for me. please

hey OP, rock your lazy eye, fuck a patch

lazy eye adds more character and an eye patch would discourage others from approaching you

>an eye patch would discourage others from approaching you
w2c

Yeah just wear whatever you want. Who cares?

Docs are fine, go for it my man

Go full on metal gear

what

what the fuck are you doing?
lazy eye isn't permanent. Book an eye doctor and fix it

i wear eyepatches when im alone in the house even though I have 20/20 vision in both eyes. i wouldnt wear one in public though man - people will think youre a weirdo if they find out you can see fine

they are fun though

It actually does help strengthen the eye muscles. I use my dominant eye too much and am starting to lose color vibrancy in my slave eye. I was prescribed one when I was a kid but never wore it because I thought how you are thinking right now.

It's an actual medical requirement now, as I feel. It's not to distract people, it's to improve or prevent worsening of my condition.

Mine are not leather/rubber. It's the same pattern and I liked them for what I have to do.

You should do what you like, user. Just make sure you wear other things that fit them.

This is to improve my vision which seems to be worsening. I told my girlfriend about it and she got very concerned. I was prescribed one in childhood but never wore it.

I'm fine as it is. I have no confidence issues and I appreciate my body otherwise. It's just that I want my condition to improve. It's less about aesthetics, but it's still important to me. I won't wear it full time, anyway. I don't mind that I'm less approachable.

I already had corrective surgery and they accidentally cut too much eye muscle. I don't know if I can afford another surgery of if it's even advisable to cut even more tissue. Only therapy can help as far as I know. I can consult a doctor, but I'm in college and have no insurance.

I'm 20/10 and am losing color vibrancy in my eye. It would allow me to train up my bad eye. I care little about what other people think, but I would still like to look somewhat decent.

Sometimes I feel like gouging one of my eyes so I have an excuse to wear an eyepatch.

Your face isnt manly enough for an eye patch its gonna look weird.

You would look like a fucking Autistic queer if you wore that.

Just stop caring so much and own it. Is it really worth giving up half your vision to go from "lazy eye" that is not noticable all the time;To cosplaying queer that everyone will be staring at.?

Not only that. But eye patch wearers are not young Veeky Forumsggots. Military vets like me would laugh in his fucking face.

People who have a reason to wear an eye patch will hate him. Girls would avoid at all times.

I take it back. Do it OP.

I think it's alright. That other picture was just at an odd angle.

It would improve it in the long run to where it would be much less noticible and I would be much less likely to lose my vision. I think that's reasonable enough to wear one. I've stated previously that I didn't wear my prescribed one because I thought it would look weird. I still think that, but I want to make it the least cringeworthy as possible.

wow ok

I already am in a comitted relationship and I wouldn't wear it around her much or at all. This will be more of a school/work/studying thing than a 100% commitment. I would never wear it if I didn't feel like it would help, and I would never pretend that it's more than it is.

>Hey user, why do you wear the eye patch?
I have a lazy eye that is getting crowded out by my dominant eye to the point of losing color, and this is to prevent that by training it.
>If I took off the eye patch, would you die?
I only need to wear it if I want to improve my vision

Seems reasonable to me. Anyone who thinks I'm larping can think that, I don't care.

I have problems with self harm. And those problems sometimes overlap with strange things I like, like eyepatches.

Just so you know, and this is important, you've gotta cover the good eye for the bad to get better.

What I meant is your features are too soft not so much feminine just too soft.

Actually, seems like you already know.

go full Richard Harrow, he's Veeky Forums as fuck

dammit kek, u rolled dubs

For everyone's knowledge, I have to close one eye in order to read small text. I'm closing one eye while I'm typing this on my phone. I'm unable to read reliably or fast otherwise. I spend a lot of time manually closing one eye anyway. This isn't something I'm doing for fun or because I want to.

What other option do I have, though? I'll try to pick one that could hopefully fit me, but I'm not very good at fashion. That is the reason I am seeking help from this board.

Already knew that, but thanks, matie.

You should see someone. That's not a thought that you should have.

That's horrible. My physics professor had a glass eye, but that's the closest thst I've seen something like that in person.

>..but there are others who do notice immediately.
> I am always worried about my eye bugging out

>I care little about what other people think
>I care little about what other people think

Yea right, you goofy ass eyed mofo.
You should read up something about "cognitive dissonance"

I obviously care about people who I am friends with. I don't care about strangers, but it fucks with me that my friends notice. This doesn't mean I want to look weird to strangers, but I'm indifferent if that's the case. I've had random people ask me about it throughout high school yet I've been friends with someone else who has a lazy eye and they had never even noticed. I do well to hide it when staring at a person, but it becomes obvious when reading or watching something, but I keep one eye closed when I do these things anyway.

There's no real way to explain it well. I just want to be able to smile confidently in a picture, because I've never done so before. I also think it's funny that you called me that, an old friend of mine would always call me "a googley eyed bastard" and I always found it hilarious. Thanks for that memory.

Does anyone else get a mellenium eye vibe?

wrap a bandage around your head to cover your eye

Have you considered an ocular prosthesis? They can make some light ones, like a contact lens you can put in one eye. That can be a bit extensive but you could talk to your doctor and find out just how much it would cost you.

Not to say I don't think you can pull the eyepatch off since you've got a pretty reasonable explanation for it as well.

I've been seriously considering an eyepatch for a long time and I even asked for advice in Veeky Forums a couple of years back.

Cancer left me blind in one eye and although I'm okay, it looks worse each year. The whole ordeal notably affected my childhood and to this day still fucks up my social interaction and self esteem. I know I look weird and I know others know it and know that I know it, and so on. I understand why people are curious but I really dread being asked about it.

I'm a severely babyfaced female and I already act like a sperg so there's no way I wouldn't look like an enormous autist if I were to wear an eyepatch. The thing is, I've got to decide between being disfigured or a "cosplaying queer that everyone will be staring at" and I'm leaning towards the latter for a change.

Is there any way I can dress or behave to appear even slightly less autistic? Should I embrace the edge and make it really seem like I'm larping, or go for normcore? Will I need to act like the bitter cunt I've become to pull it off, or try to be more cheerful and confident to compensate for being pirate?

>mfw OP thinks he can pull off the venom snake

Why not just wear sunglassed most of the time thats still conspicious but nowhere near as much as a fucking eyepatch dude.

Dunno, I think it gives you character, covering it up will only make people assume much worse under it

Get a military cut while you're at it and you might be able to pull off a Nick Fury look.

>Military vets like me would laugh in his fucking face.
we have a bad boy over here

>"I'm not a fool Plissken"
>"Call me Snake"

If you reach adulthood with a lazy eye, your parents didn't love you.

Just wear sunglasses

I think you look qt with it, just make a part of your style and yourself bro
Look at Thommy Y, he pulls off that shit because he embrace it.

>it's yet another eye patch roleplay thread

you're just looking for an excuse to wear eyepatch because you think you'd look cool and edgy while wearing it

>friend hurt his eye and needed a patch
>got the shitty skin-colored one that makes it look like you have no eye instead of a badass black patch

Why would anyone do this

Honestly you would look autistic with a military style eyepatch
In france we have medical eyepat hes, without any any elastic, just a patch to cover your eye anf that sticks to your skin
I truly thinks it is the best option

>military vets like me

fucking kek

I'm very sorry to hear man, has your life changed heaps now? Sorry if that's offensive

I only wear an eye patch at home to keep my lazy eye in check, don't think I'd have the balls or don't care enough to wear one in day to day duties

the choice is yours and yours only if you feel you need it wear it. a feeling of embarrassment is better than being blind imho

budget Casey Neistat?

>no jimmy juice
lol typical effay

why not try something cooler

Wow it's fucking nothing

An eyepatch will only make you look like some cringelord OP. Your eye is fucking fine.

underrated comment

Do it op. Most of the time when people see someone wearing something weird they don't think negatively of it or laugh at it, they think "more power to them"

Just wear sunglasses everywhere

dress normcore, wear eyepatch.

Yeah only that Casey is actually one ugly fucker

TELL ME ABOUT user, WHY DOES HE WEAR THE PATCH

my milleniumeye

>There's no real way to explain it well.

It would be wasted on me anyways. I'm just an toxic fuck who has nothing to do but pointing out shit that doesn't rhyme up at my end. Do whatever makes you happy senpai.
Atleast you're true to yourself, i guess.