I live in the pacific nw and there's a wave of 90s "internet" fashion amongst middle schoolers (11 to 13 y/os)

i live in the pacific nw and there's a wave of 90s "internet" fashion amongst middle schoolers (11 to 13 y/os).

is this the case anywhere else?

bongland here. not among teenagers but among college/uni mac demarco artsy types there's a 90's revival. i hate those faggots, they make my skin crawl.

it's better than chav/private school/emo fashion that existed for the 2000s

>i hate those faggots, they make my skin crawl.
this

i literally want to smack the ten thousandth faggot i see walking around with a carefree demeanour, cigarette, windbreaker, and dadhat

Not really.

>carefree demeanour, cigarette, windbreaker, and dadhat

me desu

it looks hot on girls too

Fug the girl on the far left
Muh dick

>Why don't you take a seat over there?

It looks hot on girls because they can get away with it. Same with suspenders on old guys.

It's both generic, played out, and highly cringeworthy to begin with on young guys.

Southern Florida here and it is definitely present amongst the younger people

are u high?

literally no one dresses like this in Florida, all we have is boat shoe wearing faggots

t. teenager in florida that thought he was unique

uk fag here. 13 year olds dont dress like this at all. you do see some 18-25 that do but thats about it

>chav
this is the trend rn man especially with surge in grime

honestly how many adidas tracksuit joggers or jackers and silly fucking peak caps do you see a day

Guess which one talks about gender the most

If by 90's internet fashion you mean faded denim, overalls and shit like that, than yeah.
t. Oregon

you

>than

it looks good a majority of the time. frankly i think this is a positive trend. we should at least be glad it's getting kids out of the athleisure/synthetic/all-workout-gear-but-never-actually-working-out slump.

i wouldn't expect this board to care for it though, seeing as literally everyone here is still stuck in 2011 monochrome r/streetwear mode.

It's not super prominent in 11-13 year olds in Toronto but probably high school kids. Most young girls just dress like what they think Kendall jenner dresses like though (bomber jackets, stan smiths, black leggings, sometimes a dad cap depending on the weather). There are some "alt" subcultures who dress differently but it's completely fine and unoffensive

Trends among (pre)teens come and go, and it's nice that they do something like putting together outfits they think are cool to distinguish their generation from their parents' or older siblings'.

Where I went to high school, most people dressed in like Abercrombie and Hollister and the "alternative" kids were either scene kids or like softcore twee. Thrifting was considered "cool" but it never really looked that good

Bitter

Them middle schoolers dope AF !

Wtc the kids shoes? The one who is sitting down.

"i LOVE frankie cosmos!"

what does that even mean you retarded falcon faced spic

Do you even sentai, faggot?

>hating people for the way they dress
grow up

>90s wave

considering that none of them lived during the 90s, i say its pretty cringey even if they did live through it.

Can confirm, in the UK and I keep seeing 18-20 year olds in awful 90s shit. That and pastel pink hoodies are the current fashion trends where I live

I live in Australia and this is a thing

who cares what kids wear...i didn't care about my clothes til much later in life and just wore what my mom bought for me but if kids these days have an interest, even if it looks awkward because they're pubertymode, i give em props

The movement is pretty influent in France too, lot of people look up to new unif collections / princess nokia.

If you go to Aventura, Sawgrass, or Broward mall you'll see these fags crawling everywhere

UK here. Normie teens wear Athleisure. The alt or whatever kids dress like this.

Its always been this way, only the fashions change.

you browse Veeky Forums too?

welcome back! i can't wait for you to insult my tattoos and piercings in all caps!

hue hes really jeleous

I go to uni in PNW and about a third of the shcool dresses like this, every other girl is wearing oversized light denim ( see this shit )
. Been an uptick of the coachella core shit now because of spring and all.

Feels fucking awful.

every style described in this thread is positive and great

op's pic is great

why all the negativity?

it's not minimal or monochrome enough

rromania here and it's rare, but the "richer" edgy (for rromanian standards) teens dress like this

also what the fuck are those ugly ass black boots and what the fuck is with those extremely pasty legs on the guy sitting down nigga get some fucking sneakers or some shit you clown

Ugh, I'm required to take an art history class for uni and it's full of these faggots. This one guy carries around a pack of Marlboro cigarettes in his front shirt pocket and he doesn't even smoke

I knew this board was shit but I had no idea it was full of teenagers who look like living "Listen to Mac DeMarco Once" memes

you sound pretty gay user

In Dublin, it's pretty much either macdemarco-core 1975-core or just athleisure for teens, one rarely finds anyone who doesn't really fall into one of those three.

i live in Brisbane, ive only seen lefty uni students wearing shit like that, the younger kids mostly wear starbucks-core mass marketed stuff

Hey this makes me feel pretty bad man.
What? Fucking where? No cunts like this in my area.

yeah just take a look outside the central bank.they're the reason i'm never gonna wear doc martens: there's just a negative stigma around it because the "alternative"/"i'm not like the other girls" scene wear them religiously