perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

gq.com/story/roja-dove-custom-perfume
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...

patiently waiting for the olfactory library from cdg to drop, dying to try sequoia

That's a thing, or wishful thinking?

that bottles looks like something to drink

Daily reminder that girls don't like guys who wear too much cologne or tries too hard spraying themselves 3-5 sprays a day.

Daily reminder that cologne is only makes you 15% attractive, but without a big wallet or an attractive body/face you are nothing more then someone who just smells.

Daily reminder that Bleu de Chanel EDT and EDP are the GOAT cologne.

>3-5 sprays
>too much

>cologne

>GOAT
You should trip.

pack your shit and leave loser

What should I buy for my grandfather? He's an apathetic retard, and he's generally against fragrances.

I'm gonna try to do something autistic and coordinate my clothes with different elements and I want to accompany it with a scent.

Water: BdC EDP
Earth: TdH
Dark: Black Aoud

Dunno about fire and air, any ideas? Pls no Fahrenheit, don't want to smell like gasoline senpai.

Probably not a fragrance. Get him a book or spend some time with him doing something he'll actually enjoy

He enjoys nothing. But if I had to get him a bottle what would it be?

>black aoud
dont steal my favorite frag

>He enjoys nothing
Buy him matches so he can burn down some of the things he doesn't enjoy. Maybe he'll enjoy that.

I bought my gramps Aqua Fahrenheit for Christmas and he seemed to enjoy it right out of the box despite not normally wearing fragrance.

i like how you just cant figure out how to word the 15% part.
>makes you 15% more attractive
>is only 15% of attractiveness
>makes you 15% attractive

I mean, he's technically right. If you're a fat NEET with a shit personality who spends all his time on /pol/, covering yourself in Aventus won't do shit for you. He just chose the most retarded way possible to word it.

yes but why does he feel the need to say that. im at least 15% sure noone in this thread thinks hes wrong. except for his third point
so whats the point

I dunno, man. I guess he wants to feel like a big man or some shit.

There are some days I like l'homme. There are other days I remember I don't like violet leaf.

M, 25, summer/allround daily wear,
maybe something in the direction of diptyque/byredo or so. price up to 150€
my rotation so far is cdg blue encens & wonderwood for winter, and margiela untitled in summer
pic is a feeling that’d be nice. chill, sophisticated, Veeky Forums
i wear mostly black with a little rick so it can be „different“ but not too outlandish or aggressive (its summer after all)

i always think i’d enjoy something forest-y/natur like but so far everything ive tried has been disappointing.
same with ocean scents, sound good in theory and i’d be interested if its not mall-adg-tier. sampled sel marin which was better but also disappointing. so maybe thats just something that sounds good in my head and should be ignored…

has anyone tried type c by henrik vibskov?
sounds kinda nice but i never had the chance to smell it and have no experience with his fragrances

>always think i’d enjoy something forest-y/natur like
GIT

For marine scents, try Creed MI or Creed Erolfa. For nature-y scents, try Amouage Bracken.

will check them out, thanks

I've got a job interview for Housekeeping in a hotel on Monday.
Obviously I'm not going to wear a fragrance, but if I do get the job, would one spray of something like Joop Go or 212 Men be acceptable?

Gay guy here. Not especially good looking. 5'6". I don't even try to attract females and barely acknowledge them in most cases. I still pull compliments from women almost daily, specifically about my fragrances.

I choose crowd-pleasing, season specific scents and apply four sprays on average. If you aren't confident enough to be noticed, why are you even wearing fragrance at all?

ta-dam

Just speaking as some who stays in hotels fairly often... whatever you wear, I don't want to smell it when I enter my hotel room. If you can be discreet and are sure you're not over spraying, enjoy yourself.

What molecule is it this time? Cashmeran?

Javanol

This shit is so nice. I'm too hairy and muscular to rock the original Dior Homme but I think it smells amazing so I'm glad this thing exists.

>ANY YEAR, ANY CENTURY, ANY MILLENNIUM.
>WEARING/USING PERFUME/COLOGNE.

>Amouage is a luxury perfume house established in Oman in 1983 by the Sultan of Oman.

How much money does it cost to establish a high-end fragrance house like Amouage from scratch?

>I'm too hairy and muscular to rock the original Dior Homme
Why is that an issue?

A good perfumer and a good bottle maker

ie not too much I would assume. you will start kinda small but if you have super good fragrances it will catch on pretty fast

How did you get into the fragrance world?

For me I was browsing this board and found this general.

this is a good read

gq.com/story/roja-dove-custom-perfume

>forest-y/natur like
Have you tried many vetiver scents? It's hard to pin down, as it smells like grass and wood and earth and roots. Here are a couple summer favorites:
Guerlain Vetiver
Encre Noir Sport

And 212 Men smells like a computer's version of fresh cut grass.

>ocean scents
Hard to dissociate this from cheap aftershave for me. Pleasant but doesn't really do it for me.

>for years wear Crabtree & Evelyn's Vetiver. one spray to the chest errday. no one could ever smell it. was too scared to try more than one.
>4oz bottle gets confiscated at Zurich Airport after getting through LAX.
>go to replace bottle
>discontinued
>do research to see what is closest. go on a vetiver hunt.
>nothing is even remotely close
>eventually get TdH and even though I liked it enough to buy after sampling, it revealed itself to me more and more, layer after layer over time.
That was my first time truly falling in love with a frag.
>oh yeah, tried two sprays, then three, then four and people could finally detect my fragrance, but only in my personal space.
>bottles started to accumulate.
>full blown hobby now
>oh yeah, found a C&E Vetiver on ebay
>hardly ever wear it

Citrus REALLY doesn't last on me. Tried Allure Homme Sport and couldn't smell it after 2 hours.

Are custom bottles really even necessary? I can think of a few houses that look like they get theirs on amazon or some shit.

>a computer's version of fresh cut grass
Never heard of this, but that's an intriguing description. Is the lavender note prominent?

Well ... for marketing sake it kinda is, if the design speaks to someone they might be interested in its content

but also if you ask me bottles should look like what the perfumer wants to evoke with the fragrance. but if you look at dior and chanel their bottle designs are very minimalistic yet their fragrances are supposedly intricate. in their case they want to appeal to the masses and dont want to be too specific in what it should evoke.

so i think it depends on your clientele. if your fragrances are niche I suggest you have more intricate bottle designs, and if you want to have generic designer-like frags you should have minimalistic design. it's kind of a shame that some niche perfumers choose to have simplistic bottle designs.

unless you sell to the same 3-4 loyal people i think it's kinda necessary to have a bottle design. not that it should bother you, fragrance is art.

and by bottle designs i dont necessarily mean the bottle shape. i mean the art on it.

for example, apparently this frag here smells like an explosion of ripe fruits? the bottle sure says otherwise.

it's true that scents are really attached to memories and designer houses are careful with that, going the safe route with minimalist bottles and art, but if you do it right it wont change how the customer perceives the smell of the perfume, and if anything, enhance it. if you think drawings arent safe enough change the shape and color of the fragrance and so on.

im not really sure why byredo chose to have such a boring bottle design. ultimately it doesnt matter at all but for marketing sake it kinda is. also it looks good.

looking at it like a living entity of its own, and not merely a shell containing a fragrance.

Frankly, other than the synthetic cut grass note, I really can't pick any others out. It's just a fresh, ambery, white musky borderline aquatic accord that is also synthetic but I like it a lot and it performs like gangbusters. Probably easy to over apply if you go more than 3-4.

I wonder if having generic bottles with evocative labels would be good enough. I'm not familiar with the cost of custom designing and producing bottles, but I'd think it would be way out of the financial reach of someone starting a small venture.

>color of the fragrance
This can look incredible, but the more dramatic ones must stain like a bitch.

Not the same guy but it does have a slightly feminine vibe to it

maybe ... browse the bottles on fragrantica or something like that to get an idea

work on your fragrances first and see what can be done afterwards in terms of bottle design

encre noire a l'extreme i can only smell iso super... i hope the original formula is better, because nothing about a l'extreme smells anything remotely dark

the citrusy opening of los angeles no 1 made me think of one thing:

minecraft

i guess minecraft smells like citrus

So I blind bought 50ml of santal 33 and after wearing it I'm really surprised everyone said cedar but what I really smell is eucalyptus then is fades into a warm vanilla after a couple of hours. Definitely an interesting fragrance! Thinking about ordering a sample of rose 31 and bergamot 22 next

4 is too many.

You're getting compliments because people can smell you very clearly from a distance or in passing. That same projection will choke people out if you're standing near them for long periods of a time. Frag heads over spray the shit out of themselves and it's horribly tacky.

Not him, but is two or three the right amount? One on the neck and two on the arms, just two on the arms, or just one on the neck?

What's a good entry level frag for a skelly that just got out of rehab and is starting to browse Veeky Forums

Not the user you were looking for but

I do 2-5 sprays, depending on frag, atomizer, occasion, etc. Most frags 3-4 sprays. 1-2 on chest for nice wafts from collar all day, 1 on back of neck, 1-2 on forearm(s). Avoid proximity to nose, i.e. face/front of neck, to prevent olfactory fatigue. Under clothing mutes projection. On hair/clothing holds on to top notes longer.

Best to test application in more casual situations and best to ask others about projection, rather than rely on your own nose. And always err on the side of caution if unsure in more important occasions.

secretions magnifiques

Is there a more conventionally wearable fragrance similar to this? I really like the metallic, ozonic fresh smell but I feel it might irritate some people if I wear it in public. Has anyone worn this regularly?

Incredibly stupid because the amount of sprays depend on the fragrance

Are there any good fresh sandalwood frags? Something woody and clean smelling, maybe a little sweet, but no oud?

Cdg2 would be the closest "wearable" fragrance but honestly the odeurs aren't that strong so just wear them. Me personally I love both but I just love odeur 71 but I also like odeur 53. I feel like because they're so light and you end up smelling like part of the environment anyway you really can't over spray either. No one will think it's you.

Diptyque tam dao. Me personally I prefer the edp because they heightened the cedar note as well as adding lime and coriander to make it fresher even though it's a higher concentration

Not a huge fan of cedar, unfortunately. Doesn't smell good on me.

>up to 500$
>going to officially become a Professor this May
>Egyptian heritage, very proud of it
>Dress like a young professional with some bold statements everyonce in a while
>full trimmed beard
>buzzed head
>fit
>flirtatious but professional
>high work ethic
Want something to wear daily in my lectures, something pleasant but with character, something that will make my female students remember me by when they graduate and look back at their academic career "that one professor smelled amazing", Thank you.

Amouge XXV or find the best most authentic Egyptian Musk on eBay imo

Egyptian Musk

Second Jubilation XXV. It's what you'd imagine a sultan's palace would smell like.

Do you want to feel clean and fresh or warm and cozy?

Recommend my sad ass something
>poor so less than 100$
>fat (working on it tho)
>5'7
>balding
>25 still live with his parents
>graduating University in May
>probably won't move out till 2018
>dress in black shirt, leather jacket and black pants with white superstars
>the funny guy
>very likeable
>ambivert
>despite being broke, fat, and bald still a very confident man who hasn't given up no matter what life throws at him

Thanks

Kill yourself EDP

invictus

Eau de Cyanide

drakkar noir

Please talk me out of it

ya'll mean af, like I don't already consider killing myself every week

Just ignore them. This board hates fat guys more than /pol/ hates Jews. Buncha dicks can't handle a big dude enjoying life.

why the FUCK would you pay 455 for that. at least use the fucking discounters jesus christ.
quick story - I sprayed club de nuit intense man and a girl was asking who sprayed creed aventus
today my friend was wearing aventus and I asked him if he was wearing club de nuit
it costs 10% of what you're about to pay

buy pineapple vintage better

I'll sell you a full bottle for less

What site is this from? No one seems to have Pineapple Vintage.

Lmao senpai

www.parfumsvintage.com

With all the info you provided, you actually gave no real useful info with which to recommend a scent. See second post.

Jesus has it really gone up that much?

>$166 for aventus
fake as fuck

(You)

clean and fresh sounds more appealing

what? was aventus really that cheap back then? and amazon is notorious for fake sellers

If you were patient, the prices would dip in that ballpark. Amazon was the seller. Wouldn't have pulled the trigger if not. Z01 batch too. Almost never wear it any more.

Buddy boy go for the edt then

How long did it take you guys until you realized you had too many?

Also, r8/h8/appreci8/ask for an opinion

Chug it all senpai

How come you never wear it?