Is it fair to say that the growth of human civilization was stunted by the steppe peoples?

is it fair to say that the growth of human civilization was stunted by the steppe peoples?

and that one of the primary reasons that European domination (in various forms) exists is due to the fact that the expansion of the Mongols ceased due to a Khan's death?

Mongols did nothing wrong

>due to the fact that the expansion of the Mongols ceased due to a Khan's death?

I don't think Mongols would fare well in Europe, compared to ME. Europe was full of castles that bogs you down, they'd have to waste too much time with sieges.

>hrrrr
>europe is exceptional and would've fought the mongols off
>hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

>hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr evewypwace ib sames!
>hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

It could have.
Egypt did.

That sure worked well for Baghdad! The Mongols DIDN'T have a penchant for sieges. Totally

The Mongols absolutely demolished the Hungarians. There was literally no other major army left in Europe to confront them on the battlefield and the Mongols brought with them their Chinese siege engineers. Europe was very fucked.

>Mongols
>not good at sieges
So all that land conquered was just villages and no cities.

>I don't think Mongols would fare well in Europe

>Europe was fucked

And so was Egypt. Until it wasn't.

Fuck you murk, you know nothing besides Cracked-tier memes.

without them you would not have had the steppe-highway, so... no.

Not fair at all.

Its true mongols killed more people percentage wise than any other, but they also linked people across the stretch of land. The Silk Road they controlled re-established the trade route between China/Europe. They re-established links between China/Middle-east/Europe/India

They brought ideas/goods/technology over across the continents. This might have accelerated the path to European domination.

mongols were a bunch of savages that contributed nothing to the world besides destruction and death. also mongolia should be nuked

Egypt didn't stop the mongols

They defeated a tiny detachment that stayed behind while the main force went back for impending civil war

Egypt and the Mamelukes never faced the Mongols in their prime like Europe would have.

Hulagu was never able to properly attack the Mamelukes because of the Khan's death in Mongolia (like what happened with Europe) and because his brother (?) was Muslim and attacked him, forcing him to pull back his troops.

Regarding sieges, how do you think they managed to conquer China and Persia?

The Mongols never conquered Egypt -> Egypt stopped the Mongols.
Had Ayn Jalut gone otherwise, then the Mongol empire would have expanded into N. Africa.

>Egypt and the Mamelukes never faced the Mongols in their prime like Europe would have.

Yes they did, they faced a horde that was forced to leave because the Khan died.
Considering that all men die, how likely do you think it is that the Mongols would have been able to carry out a continuous campaign over such a densely populated area?

Are you going to continue with wankish, unnecessary 'explanations' of events I already understand in order to 'prove' a speculative quibble, or are you going to concede I'm correct?

>they faced a horde that was forced to leave because the Khan died
Exactly, not a full scale invasion because the Khan had other stuff to deal with.

Had Hulagu launched a full scale invasion, you can bet your ass that Syria and the Levant, possibly even Egypt would have been subjugated.

They campaigned in China for the guts of 20 years.

I'm not even a western you moron.

>I'm not even a western you moron.

Mongols got blown out of Hungary enough with this meme, they never even conquered a piece of actual european clay

t.b.h Genghis might have been able to conjure some brilliant shit with his talented generals (like Subotai), he was pretty much the best conqueror the world has ever seen.

But after Ogedei? I don't think they could pull it off.

They took the entire China with smart political maneuvering and war plays that recked China.

>never actually took the field during battle

Why do people look at all that meme wasteland in russia on blob maps and think he was better than Alexander the mega?

Because he didn't inherit armies and generals from his daddy, he started his life as a fucking orphan who got exiled from his own clan.

Also, he conquered almost the whole ME, China (yeah not all of it) and Russia. Not to mention that his empire didn't crumble the moment he died, he actually had a capable heir.

We could say that mongols cucked EASTERN civilizations into oblivion. Song and Baghdad were pretty much equivalent to renaissance tier of tech .

Mongols were closer to a natural disaster than a people.