So is this actually good quality, rugged work clothes or is it just an overpriced meme? I know fuck all about clothes...

So is this actually good quality, rugged work clothes or is it just an overpriced meme? I know fuck all about clothes, and could care less about fashion. Buying clothes is pain for me. I wouldn't mind shelling out the cash if it means that the clothes actually hold up to hard use.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.aptmnt.com/collections/carhartt-wip
theoutpoststore.com.au/collections/vendors?q=Carhartt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Depends where you live:
>USA - regular workwear Carhartt, pretty cheap and decently tough
>Europe or Aus - Carhartt WIP, literally just streetwear, trousers and jackets worth it on sale only.

Not really. The only good shit they make are overalls and cotton jackets which ironically suck in the rain. Fat Midwestern blue collar hillbillies are the staple keeping this meme alive as they will buy the dungarees for $50 when they are the same quality as Dickie's from Walmart. Basically it is the unofficial uniform of union workers who make $25/HR before they pay their dues.

Carhartt good shit. In Europe we have a streetwear diffusion brand called Carhartt wip. Easily best quality stuff for that price.

They make good overalls pic related

>Carhartt

> Overpriced

wat

Their t-shirts are really nice, i own 3-4 and they all have lasted me like almost 10 years

They have prober workwear aswell. You just have to buy it in hardware stores.

In my experience it holds up well. The pants are triple seemed and the work shirts are easy to clean even if its paint or morter stains.

t shirts USED to be nice

i bought 4-5 t's 3 years ago, they're fucking nice. awesome cut, nice thick fabric, etc. then i bought more a year ago and they fabric is different, the cut was the same but got all fucked up in the wash, the new ones are thin as other shirts

god i hope they realize the errors of their ways and go back to the thicker clothe

damn. they used to use some of the thickest fabric I had seen in a shirt for that cheap

yeah, the 5 i bought 3 years ago are my go-to t's and my favorite all time shirts

more than a little upset they went to thin fabric

yea carhartt wip is one of my favorite brands
do they not have it in the US? is it all just labelled under carhartt over there? im in the uk and the actual heavy duty workwear stuff is carhartt and then the streetwear/skatewear stuff is carhartt wip

can't it be that they have different tees, think and thick too?

>overpriced

how fucking poor is Veeky Forums

*thin

motherfuckin autocorrect, i hate it, touchscreens too

atleast for wip they have heavyweight which is 280g/m and lightweight which is like 175g/m
dont quote me on the numbers its from memory.
There is also some with like 220 which is pretty standard

that's not what overpriced means you twat

a billionaire can still say £10 for a coffee is overpriced

it's objectively not overpriced you stupid wanker

i bought them from amazon. i went to my orders, to the exact same item i previously ordered, clicked "order again," and got 2 different thicknesses of fabric

i like their socks

30 for a tshirt is like standard price you poor fuck.

OP asked if it was overpriced, he didn't say that it was

that's what thought, i guess the guy above bought from the thicker ones at first and later from the thinner ones without noticing and now he thinks the quality went to shit

see
fucking mouthbreather

can be an unintentional or intentional mixup by the merchant

My Carhartt unlined spring/fall jacket is going seven years strong. Bought it for 60 bucks in a sale because it was the last one left, it was about 200 new. I'm M but got it in L because woah sale and it doesn't even look baggy because it has strings all over it to tighten it. Wore it few winters because you can put lot of clothes underneath.

This.

Pretty much everyone just wears a Carhartt logo beanie around here.

>carhartt beanie
Acrylic garbage. gets worn out in an weeks.

Google rothco army issue 100% wool beanie. priced less than carshit, lasts forever, looks great, warm as fuck

no way that you bought/got the same thing, a 220 or 280 g/m tee is not thin, not now and it wasn't before, you must have been duped with the thin shit

i only buy directly from amazon

wool stinks of shit

correct

stupid

european carhartt (wip) is the definition of overpriced. detroit jacket is 80$ in the US but it's 180€ for a cheapper version in europe

Occasional blue collar worker here. I own a few shirts and pants from them, I like the brand. They hold up well.

and there are absolutely no mistakes on Amazon...be it intentional or unintentional and you can't buy fake Ray-Bans either for retail price, the quality control on Amazon is worse than on eBay

when you noticed the difference, you should have sent them back and ask for the good shit or a refund

this is how the "quality went to shit" memes start

they were both the exact same color, the exact same model number (k87), exact same vender, exact same size.

fuck off

OP here, I'm Swedish. A plain plaid Cathartt shirt is like $100+. If the quality is poor I might as well buy a shirt from H&M for twenty bucks.

it is high quality bus as others have said, their own worse enemy is themselves. US carhartt is like half price than EU carhartt and its the same stuff. Part of that though is because carhartt is a popular brand in the US where it is more niche in EU.

>carhartt is a popular brand in the US where it is more niche in EU
More reason to lower prices in EU then.

I like the overalls

US carhartt has their logo plastered everywhere.
Carhartt Wip has some clean items at least.

>plain carhartt shirt
>100 bucks +

What the FUCK
I'm from central europe, but this is fucking ridiculous.

thats not how business works. If your product is niche you are selling less product so you need to make more money off each product and keep loyal customers so maintain quality and release more seasonal pieces. Think about rick, he has very few customers so it has to be expensive and good quality or otherwise people would not keep buying the new stuff every season. Same idea for everything really.

Human styled dildos can be cheaper and made of crap silicone because lots of people will buy them still.but a bad dragon dildo is interesting to less people so they have to charge a lot and use only the highest quality materials.

Part of that though is because carhartt is a popular brand in the US where it is more niche in EU.
It has nothing to do with it. Carhartt is simply more expensive in EU, because of customs, the same reason why Levi's is sold at rape prices in EU or Cheap Monday in the US.

Tariffs and taxes don't amount to 100+% of the original price my dudester.

Oh makes sense I guess. US Carhartt is like Walmart tier but decent. I own a mix of basic stuff and WIP as well. WIP is decent but you can find better stuff for the same price

It is. Carhartt and Dickies only seem to be popular with skaters/hipsters who don'|t mind paying the premium. Blue Collar workers use Scandinavian clothes and gear.

I wasn't aware CM was sold in the US, what are the prices like? I buy most of my stuff from there. The quality is decent and the prices are very reasonable.

We have WIP and plain carhartt in the states. Do you only have WIP over there?

>Dickies only seem to be popular with skaters/hipsters who don'|t mind paying the premium
like the only appeal of dickies is that they are cheap as shit

I don't know for the rest, but Carhartt WIP's chinos are pretty cool, strong build and good fit.
Not the best deal but nice

They do though. Just look at the US Levi's prices and the Levi's prices in EU. It has nothing to with something being niche on a certain continent, all the more so, because Levi's is pretty popular whereever you go.

Can you guys explain the purpose of overalls? Seem cumbersome and its weird how your inner hip is exposed. Why not regular pants?

Overall I'm struggling to ascertain the functionality of the overall.

carhartt sid pants are literally the best pair of chinos I've ever owned

OP here. Levi's here is a brand name, as in synonymous with quality. For cheap jeans you buy Cheap Monday or HM.

I'm a baby soft neet faggot so I don't know but one thing I'd imagine is that not having a belt around your waist all day is nice.
Another is that it's better when you're dragging yourself around in the space underneath some dude's house.
In any case most work wear brands don't appear to be producing updated overalls with new features so I don't know how popular they are. Presumably if they sold very well there would be more models of them coming out.

The jeans are shit.
Coats and chinos are decent.

Extra pockets, keeps shit off of your shirt, comfy.

>rothco
>army issue
Pick one.

I work in a feed mill and I wear mine there during the winter because we are exposed to the cold 8 hours a day and they are very warm.

I do welding/weld inspection and I like them. The pants/socks/shirts are pretty well made, not too expensive, and last a fairly long time.

I only buy Carhartt WIP when there's a sale, which is at least 4 times a year. Best you can get for your money

Ausfag here. The regular stuff is hard to get domestically. I'm not sure anyone actually retails it. I've seen it online on Australian websites but I suspect they just order the shit from the USA when you order it from them.

WIP isn't hard, you can try that on in person. I reckon it's all right as long as it's on sale.

there are plain carhartt tees for 29.90 on caliroots...

there's no way it's 100 dollars for a carhartt shirt and even if it is you can always buy online at european wide retailers

They're jackets are great, very tough and age nicely

I'm very fond of their shorts as well, definitely the longest lasting over ever had

Their* goddamn

Also in Australia, hype trash store Culture Kings sells all the big logo Carhartt WIP so you get a shit ton of hype beasts wearing it

Devalues the whole brand

goat jeans jackets

Did I say tee? The detroit shirt is $160 on Caliroots (it's on sale mind you). What do you mean there's "no way"? Your own source proves you wrong.

The original Carhartt stuff (i.e. the workwear) is great. Its reasonably priced, and will last you a very long time. For example, I've had the same work t-shirt for 4 years, worn it and washed it countless times, and its still in good shape. I can also attest that the sweatshirts and pants are also all very good and durable. I'd argue that the sweatshirts are some of the most comfortable, warm, and durable for the price, and are definitely worth owning (although the fit is rather wonky.)

The WIP brand is, as others have pointed out, just streetwear. Very expensive. I've owned a couple of things from them, and the quality isn't any worse than any other streetwear brand, but not really comparable to the workwear; you're paying a premium price for slimmer cuts and better fitting shirts.

i think we have regular carhartt but there are WIP stores, it's much more popular i think

You're probably referring to Carhartt WIP
Quality is great, prices are ok (good during sales)
Designs are quite nice, nothing too risky

This. Good lowkey non-meme streetwear.

exactly, their only meme piece is the beanie

>buy $50 WIP pocket tee
>fits and feels like a Zara shirt

Who the fuck thinks carharrt wip is pricey? It's cheap and easy to get compared to most streetwears brands.

Reddit jacket in EU: 200€ (160€ on sale)
Reddit jacket in US: 65€ (78€ with 20% import fees)

cheaper than that if you buy from a workwear store deeper in the us

Us carhartt is designed for Americans so has to accomadate for their large size. Eu carhartt is a slimmer cut.

overalls are literally 100% functionality and 0% fashion. if you dont get why its functional you havent done manual labor ever.

first of all youre just wrong, second of all that has nothing to do with what you replied to

calm down fatty, he was merely jesting

that's not a shirt it's a jacket...

I dont know about other EU, but here in Hungary there is workwear store, not a fashion store with authentic basic items. Funny that it is located in suburb so many people even didnt know about it except "real workers"

Here's two Australian retailers selling Carhartt shirts for $100+, tees are $70. Detroit and Michigan jackets are $350, sweatshirts $200

store.aptmnt.com/collections/carhartt-wip
theoutpoststore.com.au/collections/vendors?q=Carhartt

>Who the fuck thinks carharrt wip is pricey?

WIP is overpriced for what you get. I could sell you a fat shit for a dollar. A dollar is nothing but it's a lot of money to pay for a turd.

When it's on sale it's reasonable for what you get.

Carhartt is way better quality than dickies from walmart, wtf are you talking about?

The jackets are nice, gives you a big manly silhouette. The dungarees with the layers are super durable and look cool for some fits, if you're wearing a lot of carhartt, it'll look good n' working class.
Pretty much good quality and durable overall, as far as USA version goes anyway. Pretty goat longsleeve tshirts as well. Comfy and nice fit.