LUNARCORE REVIVAL

LUNARCORE V2
THIS TIME BETTER

Lunarcore was beautiful, it could have flourished. Let's try again.

What is lunarcorre?
>like techwear but imagine you live on the moon and there's bomber jackets too.
>also different colours.

See for more inspo and shit.

SEAL THE AIRLOCKS, GET YOUR BOMBERS, AND HAVE MAKE SOME TANG BECAUSE WE'RE ABOUT TO GO INTO ZERO-G LADS

Other urls found in this thread:

lyst.com/clothing/ami-crew-neck-pleated-knit-sweater-grey/
matchesfashion.com/us/products/1084422?qxjkl=tsid:38929|cgn:J84DHJLQkR4&c3ch=LinkShare&c3nid=J84DHJLQkR4&utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliation&utm_campaign=us&utm_content=J84DHJLQkR4
bergdorfgoodman.com/PRPS-Resin-Coated-Cargo-Pants-Black/prod122540022/p.prod?ecid=BGAF__Lyst US)
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2pC1JKwn0Bi2y4v6D6fkrf9roSDrEgcx).
m.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/mens-shirts/mens-t-shirts/83008.aspx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

okay heres a meme pic
also self bump

This is actually the best thing I've ever seen in this dumpster of a board.

I've dreamed for this day to come

lol

remember to use the mcdonalds test before you niggers try this shit

I'll bite
What's the mcdonald's test?

take a fit, then place yourself in mcdonalds, if you look ridiculous, it's probably not worth it

lunarcore can look neat if done more subtle, but it can also look really over-the-top

id on those shoes my dude?

Why make new thread if the previous one hasn't reached the bump limit? Some question were asked there about the aesthetic. Lunarcore surely doesn't flourish if the same old fits and questions are posted. You can't explore an aesthetic if you don't post your fits.

PF Flyers

>take a fit, then place yourself in mcdonalds, if you look ridiculous, it's probably not worth it
Why is this test so relevant to you, do tell? You hang out there often? Is the Walmart tests important too or the taco bell parking lot test?

It's just an example cunt, any regular store would work

You cunt know very well that I'm mocking you for your plebeian lifestyle.

I started the old thread and am happy lots of unseen content and questions were uploaded. I created the thread because I had lots of stuff to say about lunarcore. Current OP may have a nice first post but as we can see has contributed nothing, expect the old pictures of palladiums and herrust.

s-stop bullying me

You can dress as flamboyantly as you want as long as your personality can support this way of life.

What are some lunarcore sneakers? I think they need to be light colours and have a 90s tech look. Maybe Nike acg but I was thinking:
>hauraches
>95s
>97s
>vapormax
>yeezy 750
>yeezy 950
>raf Simons ozweego/trial response
>maybe even geobaskets

w2c parasol?

Tom sach nikes

Tom sachs

Maximus Keksimus

there are no mcdonalds in space.

I need exmilitary inspo

That kinda depends on your confidence though doesn't it
I don't really feel out of place wearing my clothes anywhere, unless it's something that requires certain outfit or I have to take the weather to account

you wanna make something out of this, drop name the first thing

saw this one boi rocking this bomber with nasa patches, in addition to a bape hoodie + some mad sick boots. this was in adelaide, if it were any of you folks then cheers for keeping lunarcore alive.

NASA bomber stopped being lunarcore when hypebeasts started wearing it.

laughs were had.
Tip of my helmet.

I love everything about that fit. What color are those shoes? I don't see any on the pfflyers site that match them

Somebody identify these pieces pls

NASA bomber stopped being Veeky Forums once it became known that the earth is flat

rip poet

I'm aware that there's very few not autistic choices presented here and pic related

>tfw bought warrior boots one size too big
>uk10
>all dusty, yellow and shit
If any of you moonfags are in Malaysia I might even give them away for free if not dirt cheap.

post pic from out your window. i wanna see malaysia. contributing with some antarctica core, could also be lunarcore if you're going to an ice planet tho.

i've got dude's similar fit

Is there a name for the aggregation of 80s cyberpunk and lunarcore. There is a lot of overlap afterall.

It's night time atm.

what?

where to cop those cargo pants?

I really like the pants and shoes, you gotta spill the beans on that fit, w2c?

Feel free to continue w the Antarctica core. It is the true final frontier, after all

jealous. I went to iceland and didn't buy a lopapeysa. I mean, you can get it cheaper on etsy, but it isn't the same, even if you're getting gypped.

id on these?

Fucking jordans loser

W2c this guys shirt

Oops

>my thread didn't take off as fast as ops grrr

rly?
plain silver bomber
plain cargos
y3 warriors

I fucking love the y3 warriors so much but I just know I'd look autistic wearing them. ah well such is life

I meant that specific knit, same style as in

Yeah the boots are wack but everything else is dope. What shoes would u substitute for them?

nah dude I'm saying I love the boots but I don't think I could pull them off.

I'd probably wear black combat boots or sandy jungle boots but that would make the fit less lunar. you could wear chunky trainers with it too, like airmax95 phantom colourway idk

it's the same guy btw
lyst.com/clothing/ami-crew-neck-pleated-knit-sweater-grey/

ayyy moonmen clothes are back

AHAHAHA holy shit $132 for A sweatshirt. Appreciate it though, good eye

Check it out I found the same one for nearly twice as much
matchesfashion.com/us/products/1084422?qxjkl=tsid:38929|cgn:J84DHJLQkR4&c3ch=LinkShare&c3nid=J84DHJLQkR4&utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliation&utm_campaign=us&utm_content=J84DHJLQkR4

No haraches and 750

Something like bo Jackson cross trainers

Post cheap alternatives or this will never take off

Holy shit, someone else from adelaide
Happy shopping my man

rt

we tried to do that with palladiums and it killed the threads because all they were was poor fucks wearing palladiums. You can find cheaper alternatives for most of this stuff other than footwear and some jackets.

lunar in philosophy, but hes earth locked

doc marten comin out with some canvas shit. here's gray. called "combs"

there's definitely a lot of good lunar fits, materials, items out there to work with, but fuck the prices. (example: bergdorfgoodman.com/PRPS-Resin-Coated-Cargo-Pants-Black/prod122540022/p.prod?ecid=BGAF__Lyst US)

we're kind of limited to ebay and size-too-large fits, skimping on little details, but we should succeed. wheres the dude who would draw lunarcore outfits?

What about military surplus ? I feel like many boots or cargo troussers could be a good addition to an outfit, or maybe is this too close to milspo ?

milsurp coats too fat, cargos too wide, long, and straight. they're just not tailored the right way

boots are workable but mostly only in vintage black leather, tan canvas, or that white bunny boot plastic.

interesting, then again most /cores/ on this board make you look ridiculous to most people regardless of your position. imo its subjective.

Wide cargos are hella lunar, nigguh.

that nike backpack is impossible to find in that colorway. i tried for years. i think this picture has bad lighting and it's really a different shade of grey.

pic related, my lunarcore grail, the other bag of the collection popped up on ebay a few days ago for over 1k€, apart from that i've only seen the bullet shirts being sold.

im not in malaysia but i'd still buy those from you. i always wanted to wear those as beaters

this is what ruins most of aesthetics discussions on this board. see techwear.

if you need to be spoonfed, if you dont like it, if you cant afford it, if you cant pull it off, just stick with other stuff.
this essentially, the palladium phase is where suddenly EVERYTHING as /lunarcore/.

In the early days of lunarcore it seems too heavy on milsurp style which IMO leads to it's death, there was no variation and might as well call it "moon-tone-military-core". But that does not mean milsurp=/=lunarcore. Look at Aliens movies.

I think some fit in Star Wars could be a different kind of lunarcore. Something spacey, subtle and clean cut.

Tbh I'm just too lazy to go to the post office.

message me if you decide to sell them
[email protected]

I understand, I came from /k/ trying to find a new style and the ones wich interrested me the most were milsurp style and lunarcore, so I tend to mix them together a bit.

These threads are not only ruined because of the price tag of items. This 'core' is treated as streetwear/techwear in space and nothing more. Like palewave, there's not a whole lot to discuss, besides identification of an item and which items to buy. A lot of lunarcore threads are just imagedumps. I think, if you want to stimulate creativity and explore this aesthetic more, the central question of this concept should be: what does space mean to me? What is my place within the cosmos? You should not copy shopping lists, but provide an answer to these questions. One way to do that is through your clothes. Maybe, if people treat their clothes a bit more artistically, the runway threads would improve too.

i agree with you. i think that sadly there isnt really a platform where lunarcore could be discussed on a level like that. obviously lunarcore as we see it in these threads is only a viable "option" for very few people interested in fashion, because most of the time it is neither cheap, nor is it appropiate, easy, versatile etc., so it makes sense that lunarcore threads almost always die with less than 10 threads now.
i would never call the aesthetic "dead" though just because its not discussed anymore, i dont see the point in that, you can still wear it after all? i see this with so many things on Veeky Forums.

Interesting question, for me, Lunarcore doesn't have to do with space alone but more with the future as a whole, implying in itself the fact that space travel will become a common thing one day. Thus, our relation with that future and how we perceive/imagine it, is reflecting itself in the way we dress.

I only discovered Lunarcore recently and almost immediatly loved it, but, as you pointed out, I didn't asked myself why, and that is indeed a pretty good question. For me, I think Lunarcore is part pessimism and part nostalgia. We no longer believe in a bright future, we now or believe that humanity will continue its advance and rise to the stars but we also now the price for it, hence Lunarcore is sophisticated and technologically advanced but also somewhat grim and utilitarian, all at once, we reached what we wanted but lost or sense of wonder for it. But at the same time we long for the idea of the future we imagined before, I would bet that most peoples that are into Lunarcore also like Cowboy Bebop, 2001 or Ray Bradbury to some extent, we recognize ourselves in that bittersweet feeling that the future we wanted is not the one we have or will have and that we can't bring it back. We enjoy the progress of society and science but also understand its downsides. Ultimately, Lunarcore is almost prophetic as we already normalize what we think will later become the norm, maybe here is the answer to why we are attracted by this aesthetic, maybe we try to enjoy our future before it become our too normal everyday life.

What do you think about this ?

Recently I made a suprematist inspired sweater from two thrifted sweaters and some other pieces of sweatshirt fabric and a plastic ring. I tried to tell how space travel leads to understanding, to equality. I did that by showing the change from a black square, an unequal society, to a white circle, an equal society, through different gradients of blue, the struggle of realizing a dream, with the background being red and blue, the colours of Salyut and Apollo, the east and the west. Right now I'm working on a critique of this sweater. Space travel as an extension of conflicts and the problem one faces when an utopian dream is realized: the tyranny of the masses (youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2pC1JKwn0Bi2y4v6D6fkrf9roSDrEgcx).

I don't like to give myself a label, but this was an interpretation of what space meant to me. I never spent a whole lot on this project, but I spent it wisely and with a clear goal in mind. For the rest, I agree with you too. The platform is right in front of your eyes, in threads like these, but it isn't used in that way and the countless meta threads give a glimpse of the reason why.

So, if I understand correctly, you have an optimistic approach to the futur and Lunarcore ?

Where does that need to live your future before it comes then ? Impatience, fear that the future may not live to your expectations, a form of encouragement for it to happen ?

m.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/mens-shirts/mens-t-shirts/83008.aspx

Waffle-knit nylon, nice space age texture. Pretty much the most lunarcore tshirt.

I like your approach.
I would add that when many of us were young children the shuttle program was in full swing, and many dreamed of becoming astronauts some day. Watching the Challenger (and later the Columbia) disaster was a chilling reminder of the danger of space travel. That combination of excitement and fear, even in the routine setting of the shuttle program, meshes well with the gritty used future aesthetic of Ridley Scott's Alien and reminds us how close we all are to death even in our daily lives.

just way closer to the ground, right?

Anyone here a fan of Iain Banks's Culture series?

What color palladium boots with these? Would white look too out of place a grey pair of cargos?

I wish I knew where to find cheap pants like these

There's a couple tan/green milsurp pieces that I plan on wearing with white/grey cargos and some boots, but idk I need some help building this wardrobe

A telnyashka under this would seem pretty soviet spacey, huh?

Is there one pair of boots I could buy that would work for all these? I was thinking of a couple pallamidium boots. either:

>tan baggys
>white pallaville hi tops
>black baggy 3's (they have some red nylon detail)

Imagine his jacket switched w and a navy raincoat/parka on top. I'm studying in Russia during the fall I've never had to layer, its hot as balls where I live

I like this.

Also, reeee, appchan X isn't auto-queuing my posts.

I know this stuff is Rick (i.e. expensive) and not explicitly lunar, but nonetheless, I thought they were inspiring with their bright metallics and rigging.

Pic related makes me want tan boots but...