Ok fa/, let's settle this for once. Do worn out shoes look better than new ones?

Ok fa/, let's settle this for once. Do worn out shoes look better than new ones?

No, why would they?

depends entirely on the shoe, white canvas shoes for example almost always look better worn

Pleb

It certainly don't.

Plebs wear dirty shoes, I keep mine clean.

If you can't see the beauty of fine dirty shoes you don't belong here. Just get out. You know nothing about fashion, go back.

kys

Depends what you wear with them

>Owens recalled. “I always loved how the Japanese appreciated things that were damaged; they would elevate the idea of something damaged and make it beautiful, and I said, ‘That is so all about what I am.

worn in != worn out

Can you expand it?

Depends. Sneakers like adidas boost or new nikes look better when they are clean. GATs, or brown leather derbys or oxfords can look pretty nice of they are worn. Chucks need to be worn.

only poorfags try to keep their shoes looking new

yes

Difference between worn and dirty.

This, worn white canvas is goat

although this sounds a bit pretentious, its true. stuff looks better worn and if you dont embrace it (and actually care about your stuff) you will go mad, ie there are sneakerheads who wear cellophane over their feet to keep sneakers 'box fresh'...its a bad lifestyle choice desu

stuff that looks too clean looks inauthentic, like youre trying too hard

a little wear on shoes lets people know that you actually wear them and that theyre just shoes to you, not your life's obsession

How do you know my shoes aren't new?

w o r n i n ! = w o r n o u t

Only if you're white

The biggest problem is that most people can't tell the difference between something being worn in and being worn out and disgusting, as rightly said.

Here's a handy dandy chart which illustrates this phenomenon.

some things just look like shit worn- like jordans, most dress shoes, current basketball shoes, adidas boost, and the meme stuff that goes around here

only things like converse and vans look good really beat

If you're in an aesthetic urban environmemt yes. They'll fit the scene better. Any environment that doesn't romanticize grit is going to make you look homeless though.

Works only with premium sneakers. Stans, superstars and other cheap generic sneakers looks disgusting

>stans
>premium

lmfao

he literally called them cheap and generic

uh you read that wrong. Poster didn't say stans were premium

Are you an actual retard? Read what you replied to and then kill your self.

What was said

These look like the insole is made of cheese
This is probably close to maximum wear before it starts to look bad.

some user was replying to thinking that he was implying that Stans are premium sneakers but anyone that can read properly would know that he was not saying that at all.

>mfw I was just shitposting. Now I really believe it.

I think I start to get what you're saying, but can you anons in general dump some worn inspo?

Worn in > new > worn out

This 100% OP

Worn in inspo

canvas in no circumstances, leather sometimes yes, sometimes don't

underrated

>jordans
the good thing that you can wear Jordans for years and they will look as new, at least mine does what i wear quite frequently

That's why you see so many fits with dirty Tech Runners, right?

>Up and down that road in our worn out shoes
Talkin' 'bout good things and singin' the blues
You went your way, and I stayed behind
We both knew it was just a matter of time

NO

You would not wear dirty clothes, do not wear dirty shoes!
Especially when you're going to work

Depends what look you're going for.

I work in a fucking kitchen lol we'd laugh if someone came in with crisp looking shoes every day

>No flick marks
>No scruffs to the black lining on the sole
>No visible scratches on the suede
>Clean laces

No buddy, these sk8-hi's are brand spanking new, and whoever is wearing them is most likely a kook and should an hero.

Only works with skates shoes. Otherwise you just look like a poor person

What shoes are those?

Lurk more

raf velcros

well, then keep dressing like a hobo and stay on your shit job

I really like those pants

If you're going for the homeless hobo core inspo then yeah, I guess it passes with flying colors. Don't forget a hole in the sole or have the sides busted open for that really "worn the fuck out" look

Ty family

i like feeling fresh. if my clothes are thrashed i feel dirty even though im perfectly clean

I just cleaned these up a little bit but left a lot on, still digging the wear on them

Only concern is this, how should I go about fixing it

I fucking forgot about "an hero"

you still look like a poor person if they're skate shoes, but it's socially acceptable to be poor if you're a skater

this. depends on the fit too.
if you are wearing chinos and a button down like some kid of old fag, and you are wearing blown the fuck out cons, youll look like either a poor person who cant afford better shoes, or an idiot kid.

dirty =/= worn in/out
wearing clothes with fades and rough patches or tears (not so much stains) looks good though. and it feels good. your clothes are YOUR clothes and each mark has a story.

can confirm, i also work in a kitchen.
its my favorite job yet. theres just such a huge 'idgaf' kind of attitude. no office politics, no dress code (wear an apron and a hat thats it) its bomb. its awesome. i like it almost as much as my actual major in uni.

Someone please post the guy with the converse, denim jacket, and sweatpants that just mowed the lawn

I'm curious. ?

>t. dirty witeboi

fresh looking chucks look gay

The more you wear leather the better looking it gets

The more you wear canvas/denim and to a certain extent other fabrics, the better looking it gets until a certain point where it stops looking "authentic" or whatever and just begins looking scruffy. You eventually end up going from and to

gross

Prevalence = correctness, apparently

I still think he stepped into a diarrhea filled toilet

speeding up the worn in process always turns to shit
you can tell those are still fairly new

Make sure to dirty the laces as well. The bottom looks worn but the laces are wayyy too clean in comparison. Looks fake and tryhardy that way

It depends.

Like... how the fuck could it not? Why even argue about it? I've seen good dirty shoes that match the fit and good clean shoes that match the fit.

One is not better than the other. They're different.

You have seen Ricky Ticky's face, right?

... Right?

I mean. You have seen his girlfriend, right?

It IS so all about what he is.

put a gps tracker in your shoes

throw them away

go dig them out of the junk yard

ez

The scuffed look only really works on shoes with a sleek silhouette like converse and vans. They're simple, so the dirt adds dimension and interest.
With trainers like those it just looks gross and worn out. Those are autism shoes friend.

I think most shoes look good worn in but I always wondered how something like the Maison Margiela Futures would look if they were beat.

Gonna post pics b/c why the fuck not

More

if ur sneakers are dirty, then ur fit's gotta be a lil dirty
ya can't be going around wearing a sweater vest with some cloudy chucks

skating in soccer shoes, toppest of keks
what will be the next? jordans? doc martens has already been done

holy shit, I always thought that guy is wearing gold colored shoes. I don't know if this makes it better or worse.

you dont visit other boards often, do you?