Is biker style Veeky Forums if you're not a motorcycle rider? Will you just look like a poser?

Is biker style Veeky Forums if you're not a motorcycle rider? Will you just look like a poser?
How do I get this style?

Bamp

>will you look like a poser?
yes, even in the motorcycle community the guy in your pic would be considered a poser by many for dressing likes its the 50s while riding a brand new triumph that itself is also posing as a hardtail.

I just like the simple and clean style of a leather jacket, jeans and some boots.

And even if you are. Most bikers are weekend warrior posers.

But I actually am planning on getting a bike this summer.

Without a bike it's not fa at all. You might as well wear a fedora while you're at it.
And also this

Actual biker here, everyone in this thread is a retarded faggot

Your question is if wearing jeans, boots, and a leather jacket makes you look like a poser, right?

Well there are two answers. The first is "who cares"
The second is "maybe"

When I go to bars wearing my motorcycle jacket, jeans, and boots, people seem to be much more interested in my style than the fact that I actually ride a motorcycle

But if I saw someone walking around in motorcycle gear and saw them hop in a car, I'd think they were a massive faggot

What kind of boots and leather jacket?

That's what id like some advice on. I'm planning on getting a bike this summer but want to get the jacket and everything before so it's ready when I get the bike.
What are some decent brands to check out that won't cost me a fortune?

Don't worry about looking like a poser, unless you actually get a bike. Assuming you are talking about the more classic style like in your pic all you really need is a high quality leather jacket and boots. Unfortunately these can be expensive, and getting a good fit more difficult, so take extra time shopping around and trying them on.

That's a good plan. Pretty much all decent motorcycle gear is going to be expensive as fuck, especially if you want to look good *and* be protected

I got my boots off ebay for like $40. Just look up leather motorcycle boots or something. These are pretty hard to fuck up on

Most jeans will be fine, as long as they're not shitty/made in china/will fall apart after a week of wearing them. I usually just wear levis.

I would highly recommend getting gloves now too so you know they'll fit when you get the bike. Riding without gloves really sucks. You can find decent motorcycle gloves pretty easily

The jacket is probably the hardest part. What style jacket are you looking for?

It just stems from the retarded argument of
>sperrys when you don't sail
>lacoste when you don't play tennis
>combat boots when not in combat
>etc

Oh no, being judged by faggots in matching harley jackets, caps and beer guts.

yeah not gonna lie. i love the biker style and i dress like a biker. i have a schott leather moto jacket, frye boots, jeans. i have the biker look down, but i drive a prius, and people laugh at me when i pull up and get my coffee in the morning.

He's literally dressed normal

If you mean wearing a dot approved helmet everywhere....Then no it's not Veeky Forums

Simple and leather. Nothing too fancy or crazy. Black leather preferably

>Is biker style Veeky Forums if you're not a motorcycle rider?

cafe racer styling would probably get you laughed at more if you did actually have a bike desu

full rayskin leathers are Veeky Forums af but kind of a big waste of time and money unless you actually do club racing or something

>people laugh at me when i pull up and get my coffee in the morning

That's okay. All the laughter gets donated to a self-improvement fund. If enough people laugh, you can buy yourself an existential crisis. Soon, you'll be driving a Vespa and drinking amphetamines!

The most important aspect of biker style is the constant, unrelenting fear of being run over by a car driver. Once this fear of death permeates your mental state, it will influence your behavior and decision making to such an extent that you will no longer be able to look like a poser, unless you spend 10 mana points per second.

I don't think you can be cool if you own a motorcycle but you still drive a car most of the time, or when the weather is bad. On the other hand, if you don't own a car, but you skate, or ride a bicycle, then that is still cool. Why? Because you can be run over and killed. The ladies love guys who can be killed at any moment. If you only ride the subway back from venues, but still have a real fear of being slain by the hunchbacks on PCP lurking in the shadows, then you can still be cool, too.

Once you allow the erect cock of rock and roll music to penetrate your rectum, you will realize that not everybody drives a shitbox and sits at a desk 9-5, and all style originates from those people who don't. So basically, don't sell out to the patriarchy, and style will change its definition to include you. Except you'll be poor then, so good luck.

This is a very good post

You seem to be fantasising too hard about bike riders. If you use a bike every day you care less and less about dressing up and more about keeping warm and not dying. Also wearing boots like your picture wears out the soles really fast.

There are a couple different biker styles but what you've posted is the most similar to the cafe racer sort of scene, which now is just hipster style with small 60s influences

Dress however the fuck you want

i don't ride personally but i think bikes are pretty cool
maybe just ride a bike but don't be a "biker", y'know?

This

When I first started riding, I bought a lot of clothes to fit the aesthetic. Now I just kind of wear whatever feels best and don't really care about the look. It's kind of exhausting caring about what you look like while also having to consider what is appropriate for riding every day

Then i guess it's okay to dress like that ? Because no one wants to claim it as theirs, right ?

Biker + mechanic > biker

But patriarchy is the reason you're alive today

oh godamn thats a sexy bike