Veeky Forums, I need some feedback on my latest lookbook. Let me know what you think

Veeky Forums, I need some feedback on my latest lookbook. Let me know what you think.

Focusing on the erosion of digital security and privacy, we shot the lookbook in Bletchley Park, HQ of those who broke the Enigma code in WWII.

The jacket is organic cotton, and the t-shirts are fair trade. I posted my first ever release on here about six months ago and got some really helpful advice.

way fucking better than the early shit, seriously huge improvement
I like that you have actually taken the criticism people have offered seriously, the wawyt cucks just get butthurt and defensive
still, kinda overtly edgy with the mask in my opinion, just fitting backdrop with models showing off the clothes is the way to go, keep it simple

Let me know what you think.
www.caspianbragg.com
www.instagram.com/caspianbragg

I agree with The setting is nice but the mask makes it look kind of try hard something about the first pic makes me with the t shirt was looser on the model as well.

Ha, I can't believe someone remembers that post. Thanks user. I redesigned my whole website after that and expanded away from just graphic tees.

The mask was intended to symbolize support for anonymity. It certainly came out strange looking.

Agreed, should have gone XL. I'm the one wearing the mask. Apparently I'm heavier than I realized.

The mask might also look better if you could see some of the guys hair or face, the all black just looks like you're trying too hard

Trust me, you don't want to see my face.

And to add to this: The theme is actually fairly well communicated by the clothes alone and I feel like that's something you should consider, you want to do that, you don't need fancy props to really hammer it (that is saying you manage to deliver what you want with clothing in the future as well) you might want to consider juxtaposition or more subtle approach, something thematically appropriate not cyberpunk hacker cosplay
And yeah the setting is nice, however you could use that more as well, wider shots that really show the surrounds as well, the pics are slightly cramped right now in my opinion, this pic is something that came up with just googling 'lookbook', lot of space that gives bit more breathing room and if there was something interesting in the background, it would be also visible and clear

Looking good.
Don't take my word on it because I have no experience doing anything like this but I also don't like the mask all that much. It's not like it looks bad but it's a bit overwhelming and edgy since it's on every picture, I think your face should be visible at least in a few of the pictures.
But what do I know, maybe if the mask is on every single picture you could make it part of your brand image.

Yeah, I know that the shots are pretty tight. We had to work around the constraints of the space - couldn't get too close to the machine behind us (the WITCH computer) for safety reasons.

The challenge is to find a balance between an interesting, original, and thematic setting, versus clarity and focus on the clothes. It's something I'm still learning.

Thanks user. Other commenters seem to be responding the same way about the mask, so you may well be right.

Also, there's something captivating about a human face - especially the face of a model - that you lose if it's covered in plastic. Will think carefully before using that kind of prop again.

Yeah, it's not too bad, like I said, HUGE improvement already.

Couldn't you mix up studio shots over generic backgrounds with the pictures taken at that site? Maybe photographing the closeups over solid backgrounds. Don't get me wrong that site is sick but I agree that it's looking a bit too busy

forgive me op but this is so 2010

Thanks mate.

Tried that for a previous release. It didn't quite work - the lighting and the perspective need to be a perfect match or you fall into the uncanny valley.

No forgiveness.

might be a dumb question but do you guys ship to US?

never mind i checked the website and found my answer

I really like it, how many of each item did you make?

i reckon its pretty cool. not a big fan of the jacket though. i think the logo on the front looks a bit odd given what im assuming the look you're after is.i think maybe a smaller ski mask would look better, or maybe a dagger or something. i dunno, the CB just looks a bit to clean imo

I like the touch the masks add. But then, I'm a fan of theatrical masks

Site looks good, and im actually a fan of the masks unlike everyone else lol.

w2c mask?

Probably gonna cop the bomber when I get my next paycheck. Good shit dude

35 of each, and thank you.

Cheers. I guess being too clean isn't the worst flaw in the world.

Thanks a lot man.

Use code EFFAY for a 10% discount if you want to cop.

Also looking to start a line, how did you go about making tees? (Starting with just tees for now) like did you just get some company to print off tees for you?

Check out Undercover mens collections and lookbooks if you like this kind of thing and plan to do similar lookbooks in the future, some of them are very dynamic and creative in their approach and this kinda reminds me of them.

Oh and I guess I should name some, the Shepherd has kinda similar theme with anonymity (though I have to say, I like the UC approach way more, it's subtle and I love how it's done), Underman for the dynamic backgrounds and sorta 'comic booky' approach. If you can get hold of the books, I can't recommend them enough.
Fuck, Undercover is just great source of inspiration to any streetwear brand or someone interested in the subject, Juns approach is great and very inspiring, as are the clothes.