/wt/ - Watch Thread

No fashion watch shitter questions edition

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-autism and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch.

>Required Viewing For Newbies:
youtu.be/_2J5phyd9J4

>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VhPu5R1Mdxo
youtube.com/watch?v=IqmXN_0aD1k
youtube.com/watch?v=vf7shRd5Fxs
google.com/search?q=beige perlon&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjP-b-vz83TAhXBQCYKHeM_B7MQ_AUIBygC&biw=1920&bih=1049
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

just posting to say nomos/tag/fossil/movado all suck

any swatch-owned company and IWC

Thanks for the suggestions.

do your research above all else

Absolutely - I'm still at least a year away from making a decision. I might save the Patek for later and stick with something else for now.

So...Hamilton and Omega both suck?

Yes, that is what that post implied

Casio meme squad representin

I own that Lorus for years now and love it. my only gripe is that the crown hurts because I wear it on my right wrist being left-handed. it's a bit better if you use it on a nato strap.

pic is not mine but brown leather works so well with creme/off-white dials. works great for that off-white Seiko 5 SNK803 too.

Since when did you big nigs start using the /g/ thing?
Also, what do you all think about the k-34? Its basically my grail at this point.

Ball Engineer II Ohio

What do you guys think about it? Got it a month ago and like it really much

>any watch i dislike is shit

>Movado
>good

I went to the local jeweler or whatever you call it in english
where they sell watches and jewelery
because I got a 100€ coupon (voucher?) as a birthday present
I think spending like 100€ (=200€) for my first watch is enough
I liked some of them but dunno
the ones I REALLY like where like 800€+
but the ones for up to 200€ looked fine too

pic related is what brands they have available
any of these brands I should avoid?

I like it user

Wow, what a shitty gift. Every single brand is fashion dogshit except Casio.

Casio is fine, guess Fossil is alright aswell. Please dont buy an armani or diesel watch.

i actually think movado/nomos watches are fairly good looking but that doesnt changethe fact theyre overpriced with crap movments

What's the deal with this watch? Is it just a meme?

I hesitate between the plastic and the golden one wat do ?? In what case can i wear the gold f91 like watch i don't even know what its called anymore

what do you mean? the "Casio" logo on the display? it works with almost every digital casio watch. I've heard you just need to push all buttons at once and then "Casio" shows up on the screen. I guess they do this to verify if it's a real Casio or a counterfeit item.

I haven't received the one I posted yet, still waiting for the deliver and try it out.

buy casio or a g-shock. everything else is shit

I had a festina tour de france 2009 it was good and costed me like 300 bucks too bad it got stolen. Girls went crazy over it.

You actually have to hold the button on the right for 5escs if casio doesnt show up you got ripped off pal. You should always be at the store to try out these things given how many fake casios are on sale

out of these the only good ones are:

Casio
Jaques Lemans
Festina

I'd get either Casio or Festina since I got no experience with JL watches.

Casio has nice digital watches but if you go for a nicer piece they also got some decent looking analog watches as well.
Festina isn't bad either, one step above Casio since they got cooler looking designs. Their diver watches look fun and it's more or less a quality brand in terms of watch manufacturing. they focus on sport watches and the Lotus subbrand does that especially.

you can totally ditch all the other brand deals. kind of a shit list.

get the fuck out

nigger.

it's a w-59 I bought on Amazon.
Amazon doesn't have fake offers so often.
I'm pretty sure it's legit and I'll receive a box with tags and all that anyway. if it's fake I can send it back but I'm not worried because the chinese fakers only sell colored F91 watches with a black inner frame and scratched out Casio logo and the buyers post reviews as well if they got fucked over.

y tho?

Because you're recommending shitty fashion brands.

I'd get a plastic one because everybody complains about the silver/gold paint coming off sooner or later.

digitals are more of a tool watch anyway. and I say that despite liking the B640 look but what good does that do if everybody complains about the case not being metal except for the bracelet?

at least be specific.
stupid one liner responses don't mean shit, faggot.

so what should he do with his coupon then?
wipe his ass with it? if he got something like that, he might as well use it because there is nothing else he could do with it.

I though about that too its more convenient as an utilitary tool i wonder if.its normal plastic.or.resine case but i've heard it handles shocks pretty well and some of them last for.20 years or so thats impressive for its dirt cheap price plus the design never went out of style in decades
Anyway i currently have a swatch diaphane full blooded with swarovsky crystals as time markers but can't wear it daily with anything so i guess i am taking the plastic casio and i don't care for the meme

Good luck at airport security i hope you don't get profiled
[spoiler]actually i hope you do[/spoiler] terrorist scum.

see

Allah snackbar lol

>being this stupid.
>not knowing watches and commenting on a watch thread

at what point did you actually forget that pretty much any thread on Veeky Forums is a free-for-all place for any sort of discussion and therefore an obvious place for learning and exchanging knowledge as well?

isn't even being helpful despite being asked to and just responds with a cryptic picture that doesn't even refute anything, except maybe halfway. but even that is questionable.

and you're not better in the slightest. share your watch-related knowledge if you have it, that's what the thread is for or just leave.

thank you
I looked through some of their watches and I don't know
so far I only like the pic related ones
should I cop?

I tend to the casio one in the middle

I guess I can't pull off the gold one without looking dumb as fuck heh

oh shit I forgot the picture sorry
>inb4 shit taste

shit taste

There used to be watch brand infographic idk if i can find it

the pyramid one? that was pretty good. it correctly called out all the ETA zombie brands and the cheep chinese shit ones below them. i remember what youre talking about
oooh shit no fucking way. you sure bested me man by stating your idiocy is justified because you can post it. congratz you dumb fuck

you have strange taste. firstly never buy a fake gold watch because it is literally the most tacky thing you could wear and youll feel ashamed of it. i know this from experience. secondly fossil is considered a bad brand because they keep their prices low by having very bad QC of all of their watches. Casio in the middle is by far the best. Get it.

casio and bottom fossil (a real shitter) look ok, For that kind of money you should get a seiko 5or something of similar quality .or just buy a ring or bracelet or some jewelry instead . buying a shit watch is worse than buying nothing. but it's your money so do what you want to do.
the meme he posted is actually real. fashion brands, in most cases, are manufactured in the same factories and with the same parts as other low end watches (mike Kors watches are basically are made by Fossil). they are made for dumb plebs who want to be fashionable and don't care if their shitter falls apart in one year . if you really want to get into watches, start lurking /wt/, watchuseek or other forums.

here is some good advice from the pontiff

youtube.com/watch?v=VhPu5R1Mdxo

youtube.com/watch?v=IqmXN_0aD1k

Casio in the middle or Festina diver one in the right. Both are fine. Up to you. I always wanted to cop the Festina diver because it's a dope design. Not bad for what they send you either. There is also a leather strap version and they come with two different straps so Can switch them Out.

you're a vile insensitive Little fuckwad who can't handle the truth. Watch elitism is pretty horrible and you missed the point entirely. He can only buy semishitters with his voucher anyway and you never even aknowledged that he is restricted by the Brand deals like that and instead attacked me like a fucking retard for giving him decent suggestions.
There are people every single thread who are new to watches and you decide to fuck them over with a shit attitude like this. Fuck you. Btw Archie is a horrible rolemodel. He is too poor to afford his luxury pieces now on top of that. You will never make a good point and you never even tried.

Please just leave watch conversations up for big boys. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about and won't admit it when called out, even though it's an anonymous website. You are clearly underage, just go post in the WAYWT thread.

holy shit please leave and comtempalte killing yourself. Sorry your feefees are hurt cunt. Have fun spending money on terrible products because you fail to understand basic logic. You say im the one who cant handle the truth but youre the one crying over facts. You cant even reply to the correct post so pleae for the love of god stop posting

just lol.
>being this butt frustraited by people calling out shit brands
>2017 and not knowing watches yet posting on the watch thread
come on man, post your collection of fossils and invicta with maybe a fake rolex or two as well.

Is he the most Veeky Forums youtuber?

He is genuinly autistic so id say thats pretty effay

way to miss the point yet again, fucktards.
not my fault you have no idea what you're talking about.

just leave

see
please leave dude and just fuck off in general

Just discovered there seems to be more to watches than just looking pretty

Which /wt/ is better, /g/ or Veeky Forums?

Is this an ok minimalist watch for under $30?

Kys cucks

Still be careful. This has been an issue with firearm optics, so I assume its possible with watches on amazon. What some people do is
>buy the legit item
>Swap it with a fake and return it
>hope whatever smuck is checking doesn't know his shit
>sell item on eBay
Meanwhile the fake gets sent to someone without whoever Amazon is fulfilling even knowing. It's rare, but does happen.

Seems like the Casio will give you sapphire glass, which will prevent scratches and is a good deal at that price point.

It's also the most versatile design and the best brand so it's a no brainer.

see

get a Casio MQ24 or save up

I bought this one to match with blue in outfit. Its ok. Jomashop.com

are you pakistani/indian?

Bought these two for ±30eur each, figured they'd be nice for a few months before they fall apart

holyshit the autism on this one
leave this site and never return
i think there's a barney the dinosaur forum somewhere that's safe for you
that or leddit.

DONT YOU DARE TALK SHIT ABOUT MY WAIFU ARCHIE

/g/ is better but too fast
Veeky Forums attracts tumblr-esque/redditor teens like we've observed but the speed is just right

I unironically want one of these. I dig the simple, utilitarian design. Is the W59 the best one to get? I'm looking around online and I see a few of them that look similar. One that's labeled F-91W, for example, is a few dollars cheaper than the W59. Enlighten me please.

You people are gonna kill me for this, but what's the best looking metal strap watch I can get for less than 150?

Imagine pic related without the tachymetre thing (but keeping the black circle), smooth looking hands such as this ones, no fancy circles in the back (not a problem tho), I don't know what I'm aiming for, this would be my first watch, I care about looks and a bit about durability, but I don't give two shits about all the watch stuff, I don't know what an automatic is, I want it for fashion.

It doesn't even have to have 3 hands, I just care about an affordable good looking watch

SXK007 or Ray are similar

I'm So you get an idea, I also like the middle one here This oneDig the colour but hate the watch itself I also have an interest in pic realted style clocks

Those two seem nice, although every seiko I've laid eyes on seems to have those hands I hate, I feel like they give the watch a childish look

The ray looks cleaner due to the larger face and shallow bevel

both look good, but the new ray is a much better watch for the price

Only in house movt watch I can think of with a Sapphire Crystal for under $150

The Seiko, despite being the parent company of orient ships out labor to Malaysia for the lower end movts by definition not in-house

Bought this vintage Soviet Pobeda with Bauhaus dial for just 26€ shipped, what do you think?

what strap are you getting

Trying to find out information about this Rolex I inherited from my late Grandfather that was owned by his father before him.

The band is not original to the time piece, that I know. It has been to a few Rolex stores to be sent out for cleaning and he was informed an original band would cost around $2K (This was a few years ago).

It was purchased roughly sometime in the 1960's, that is all I know. Anything you all can help me would be cool. Other than me myself bringing it to a Rolex store.

Some dude on Veeky Forums claims its fake but wouldn't they have informed my grandfather it was fake at some point during the multiple times it was sent out to Rolex themselves?

The fact that they replaced a factory band with that tacky ill fitting one makes me think it's a fake also. I wouldn't trust this board for info. Go ask Reddit, they have "experts"

recommend a nice automatic watch that has good resell value for 3k-ish?

Does it have to be a $3k watch, let alone with good resale value? The Cocktail Time is great for ~450.
Halios Delfin
Tudor
Breitling
Omega Seamaster pro
Omega Seamaster AT
Frederique Constant

Looks to be a bad counterfeit of an early date just. The hands are wrong, the logo is wrong.

Flip the case over and open the case back and give me a good shot of the movement with a high end DSLR and a professional macro lens

And I can tell you for sure

it's just what I'm willing to spend at the moment
thanks for your recommendations
I like the breitling transocean and omega speedmaster, but the editions I like are a bit too expensive
I'll keep my eyes open for a good used one though

Band was damaged and my grandfather had it replaced with this one.

>Looks to be a bad counterfeit of an early date just. The hands are wrong, the logo is wrong.

Can you find me a photo of this style watch to help me figure that out? Again Rolex themselves have never given him the watch back and informed him of being a counterfeit. They have serviced it several times.

How do I open the case back?

youtube.com/watch?v=vf7shRd5Fxs

Is this watch too dressy? I'm starting university this year and I don't want it to seem so.
The /wt/ on /g/ couldn't give me a definite answer.

Change the strap to a perlon or leather NATO of your choice and you won't have this dilemma.

Even with jeans and a T-shirt or long sleeved T-

Yes. A beige perlon is a great first choice. It's breathable and matches most clothes.

Grand Seiko is also decent.

really really beautiful desu

That's my pic. AMA.
It's a solid watch with a full lume dial where the yellow color is actually suitable. Whole thing is manufactured in China sans movement but it's decent for the price and for the uniqueness. They're released in small batches, this being the second batch/series. Third was recently released including one with tritium, and the full lume model now black pvd coated.

beige perlon even with the black dial?
isn't the black dial more versatile?

yes
google.com/search?q=beige perlon&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjP-b-vz83TAhXBQCYKHeM_B7MQ_AUIBygC&biw=1920&bih=1049